Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure tbh. I believe that they can pay the players on different tiers more than the current clubs, but not have more on each. So Hooker (and I think the one from GWS) will be one of their two Marquees, but will be getting paid more than we (or GWS) could have paid her. I think.
I dont actually think there is a difference in player payments. There is an uncapped ASA payment that can be made to players, and they can get jobs at the clubs, thats where any difference can be found.

Freo will pick before West Coast in the draft.
Has anyone seen an explanation for the draft order? Typically expansion clubs get draft picks before established clubs but if you leave out the priority/compensation picks, the "normal" picks for the expansion clubs are after the established clubs.
Intetested to know why that is the case

Has anyone seen an explanation for the draft order? Typically expansion clubs get draft picks before established clubs but if you leave out the priority/compensation picks, the "normal" picks for the expansion clubs are after the established clubs.
Intetested to know why that is the case
I'd like to know that too. I do know we have (WA) picks 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11 - they have 2, 5, 7, 9, 12. But I'm not sure how they arrived at us getting first pick in WA. Or 3 & 4 together. They traded 11 for one of our girls (can't remember who) after they'd raided the first 8 allowed by AFLW (damn you Nicole Stephenson!). Don't know why they had 11 & 12 either. Seems very odd how they did it. But I'll take it. 1, 3 and 4 from the top 5 is decent, and 7 of the allocated 12 picks. :)

(PS someone liked one of my posts on this thread - I'm not just randomly reviving it, but I re-read sone of the stuff and here we are)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the WAFLW GF, EF going to win by a mile. Decent standard, not much different to AFLW tbh.

Roxanne Ruis looks like a great talent. She likely for our #1 pick?

A couple of others look very good also. Only 12 spots between the two AFLW teams, and I reckon there’s close to that just from these two teams, esp the Sharks.

Watching the WAFLW GF, EF going to win by a mile. Decent standard, not much different to AFLW tbh.

Roxanne Ruis looks like a great talent. She likely for our #1 pick?

A couple of others look very good also. Only 12 spots between the two AFLW teams, and I reckon there’s close to that just from these two teams, esp the Sharks.
Just starting watching it as I didn't"t know it was on telly. I'll look out for Ruis

Ashley Atkins is top shelf, Versace very good too.

Bloody hell that dirty weagle, Kellie Gibson, is good. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Swans FB has good positioning, reads the ball well, great use of the body, and has a booming 50m kick. Maguire her name is.

Last edited:
Ashley Atkins is top shelf, Versace very good too.

Bloody hell that dirty weagle, Kellie Gibson, is good. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Swans FB has good positioning, reads the ball well, great use of the body, and has a booming 50m kick. Maguire her name is.
I think McGuire was the young forward we recruited a couple of years ago and then delisted. She was meant to be an up and coming star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back