Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Jun 26, 2012
Mos Eisley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I freaking loved this game. Hadn't played an AA title in quite a while, Origins intrigued me but I never took the plunge. Being a biiiig ancient history nerd, when I saw oddysey announced, I probably put 60+ hours into it. Was absolutely enthralled exploring the ancient world more than anything. Enjoyed intermingling with familiar historical figures and seeing all the areas sited in ancient texts. The seafaring was ******* badass and I felt so good going from island to island. Combat was satisfying and deep enough to keep you interested. I'm so glad I played the Katarina, Alexios' voice is the worst thing about the game.

I want an ancient Rome AA at some point, in a similar vein.

I freaking loved this game. Hadn't played an AA title in quite a while, Origins intrigued me but I never took the plunge. Being a biiiig ancient history nerd, when I saw oddysey announced, I probably put 60+ hours into it. Was absolutely enthralled exploring the ancient world more than anything. Enjoyed intermingling with familiar historical figures and seeing all the areas sited in ancient texts. The seafaring was ******* badass and I felt so good going from island to island. Combat was satisfying and deep enough to keep you interested. I'm so glad I played the Katarina, Alexios' voice is the worst thing about the game.

I want an ancient Rome AA at some point, in a similar vein.
You should definitely go back and play Origins if you loved this so much!

Jun 26, 2012
Mos Eisley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You should definitely go back and play Origins if you loved this so much!
I considered it, but I'm less of an Egyptian history fan, although I do respect anything that does its research to recreate a real setting, I know Ubisoft put the extra effort to hire geologists, linguists, historians, calligraphists etc to make both games gel

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2004
New Eden
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Playing this on hard mode, and that boar boss was hell on wheels. Ubi seem to design boars in their far cry and AC games really OP as they are very hard to dodge.

Ended up luring a high level mercenary with his pet bear into the area who killed it and it's 4 little hell spawn :thumbsu:.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Just played the intro mission for Atlantis. Downloading the first episode now.

Looks like there will be a bit more modern day stuff, which makes me feel even more like this should have been part of the main game. Story sounds interesting so far.

Whew, totally forgot it was out! I was waiting for my game to update but it turns out it was doing this weird thing with Uplay again where I have to verify my install. Takes longer than an actual update, grr!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon I've spent as long on this first episode as I did on the first two episodes of the Hidden Blade DLC. I think I roughly know how long is left but seeing as I'm going to explore every question mark of Elysium I've still got a while left. New enemies are cool, Kolossi can eat a dick though.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
It padded out with a fair bit of back and forth filler by the end but that first episode was huge. I probably stuffed around a fair bit clearing out the map before I knuckled down on the missions, but from the setup to the end of the first episode took me just under 10 hours. The ending cliff hanger was cool.

I am about 10 hours into this and am really starting to get into this.

Got to say though I ******* hate the sea battles.

With recruiting members of my crew, does it make a difference if I recruit any I can? or the more or less crew you have does that even really matter?

Outside of forced sea battles I didn't find that I really needed to do any, and by the end of the game where I was assassinating targets on ships my ship was sufficiently upgraded where it was a breeze.

With recruiting members of my crew, does it make a difference if I recruit any I can? or the more or less crew you have does that even really matter?

It doesn't matter. Recruiting legendary NPCs gives your ship small stat upgrades but it is not really noticeable enough to really put effort into it. After a certain point, you will have upgraded the ship enough to where it doesn't matter.

Back