The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
First season was pretty good. Completely rejuvenated the squad. I finished second on 86 points - 7 points behind league winners Liverpool. I lost the FA Cup to United, 1-0, but I did win the Europa League - Laca hitting a 122nd minute winner. Mhki was my POTS - 16 goals and 6 assists in all comps. Auba and PEA were also every good.

I went a bit nuts but my squad is looking pretty good now. Managed to move Ozil for a tidy sum and only have to pay 190k of his 350k wage which is a huge sum off the books. Cech, Ramsey and Lichsteiner were also on 300k together. Tymon and Butland add to the English quota which is always good. And Butland as a backup is handy.

1557658203587.png

1557658223697.png

Monreal and Kos will leave at the end of this season on frees which is OK because they're both old. Will look to bring in a big name CB. Tonali and Mhki are the only two other players you can't see in that squad screenshot (and players out on loan). Apparently Chiesa turns out insane. Lots of depth all over the pitch - just need the chemistry to click now and I should be firing on all cylinders.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I’m doing okay so far with PNE. 8 games into the season sitting 3rd. No real major additions some GK called Huth and a Danish CB/LB. Then a heap of loans Leko, Sergi Samper from Barca, there’s a couple of W/St from City and then I got in andy keogh on loan from Perth glory.

PNE have a very solid good young English core. I reckon I’ll get raided in January or the summer. This CM called Browne scores a hat trick for me one game. Reckon he’ll go for 10-15m and I actually wouldn’t mind because of the depth is his position being so strong. 442 for me too most games on a cautious counter attack setup. 4141 a bit more fluid and attacking in easier games. Trialling an attacking 442 diamond against the easy beats too

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
the vultures are circling for my ajax players. de jong already gone to barca, knocking back offers for van de beek, dolberg, de ligt, but just accepted 20 mil from bayern for rasmus kristensen, who has turned into a really good wing back. club is now filthy rich though from the cl semi final run and the de jong deal.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
the vultures are circling for my ajax players. de jong already gone to barca, knocking back offers for van de beek, dolberg, de ligt, but just accepted 20 mil from bayern for rasmus kristensen, who has turned into a really good wing back. club is now filthy rich though from the cl semi final run and the de jong deal.
Van de Beek went to Leicester in Jan first season for me, 17m.

I have De Ligt (25m + add ons), Ziyech went to Monaco summer window start of season 2. Not sure who else is gone.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hit Jan of second season, on top - but only just - 3 points ahead of Liverpool. They are outrageously good and have scored 20 goals more than me. They regularly hit four or five.

Gedson Fernandes has started to dominate, Joao Felix is coming along nicely too. Jovic has been very disappointing who I think I will sell at the end of the season. Rabiot is doing well too.

Madrid have come in for Auba 61m + 13m in add ons (50 games). Not sure what to do, he's VERY good and I'm not sure who I'd bring in if I sold him. He's 30 this year and I am tempted to cash in, and milk them some more. Will definitely look to change the add ons, and I reckon I could get close to 80 or 90 for him. Just not sure if it's totally worth it though.

Played an hour the other day of FM 18. Early in my 2nd season with Sunderland and this team is f'd.

22nd in the Championship and am playing 5-4-1 trying not to concede cause this team sucks.

Starting lineup

------------------------Nketiah
Khazri-------Phlllips----------Baker------Watmore
Contento-Webster-Velazquez-Hack-WalkerPeters
------------------------Pope

Subs bench: Brignoli, Djilobodji, Oviedo, Matthews, McNair, Asoro, James Wilson

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
My PNE first season is ramping up. Lost Andy Keogh back to Perth Glory on January 1 who was banging in the goals, it's mid Feb and he is still 3rd in the league for goals. I've brought in Duarte Valente (spelling?) a young DM that's meant to turn out world class, some Serb from Benfica who is coming back from an ACL (loan), Angel Gomes from United (loan), brought in 3 strikers (1 on loan) to replace Keogh & Maguire (misfiring ST who Swansea offered 6m for) after about 6 games none have found the back of the net yet! Luckily I linked up with Spurs who sent me Alfie Whiteman on loan to be my 3rd GK. In the matter of days my #1 and #2 GKs went down with 3-6 week injuries, CS on debut for the kid.

Currently sitting in 4th after 34 games. Have used in total 35 players this season already! With the shoe string budget it's very much a need and not how I'd like to play the game. Generally like to have a squad of 23 + use my best 2-3 youth guys.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal have some great youth should you need it. Willock and Nketiah would be very handy for you.
Only allowed 5 loanees in a matchday squad. I've got 7 on my books already

Whiteman - GK from Spurs
Winston Reid - WHU
Sergi Samper - Barca
Angel Gomes - Man U
The young Serb from SLB
Josh Sims - winger from Southampton (gun)
Tariq Hinds - ST at Southampton (3rd choice for me)

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Man Utd just bought Grealish off me for 60M quid.

With that money I bought Antonio Marin, Jamal Lewis, Max Aarons, Josh Tymon, Josh Sargent, Xadas, Denis Zakaria, Kortney Hause, Predrag Rajkovic, Joshua Zirkzee, Dominic Solanke and Dario Mesaric for about 75M combined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

With that money I bought Antonio Marin, Jamal Lewis, Max Aarons, Josh Tymon, Josh Sargent, Xadas, Denis Zakaria, Kortney Hause, Predrag Rajkovic, Joshua Zirkzee, Dominic Solanke and Dario Mesaric for about 75M combined.
I have Grealish in my file, cost me only 14.25m plus 1m in add ons. Bargain.

Tymon is very good.

Chambers might be worth a punt, he's very good.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Love the moneyball approach.

Might do a similar thing if I don't get promoted. Josh Earl and Ben Davies are very highly rated with PL clubs sniffing around. Both do very well for me but considering I'd likely get 8-15m for each of them and my transfer budget to start with is about 1m I might be better off selling and rebuilding. Would like to think my transfer budget if promoted is north of 15m so I don't have to!

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Love the moneyball approach.

Might do a similar thing if I don't get promoted. Josh Earl and Ben Davies are very highly rated with PL clubs sniffing around. Both do very well for me but considering I'd likely get 8-15m for each of them and my transfer budget to start with is about 1m I might be better off selling and rebuilding. Would like to think my transfer budget if promoted is north of 15m so I don't have to!
Seemed like all the big PL teams bought at least one youngish English player in my game in the first season summer window, Zaha went to Man City for about 57M and there were one or two others.

I think Josh earl ended up being bought by Stoke in my game actually for about 5M.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Seemed like all the big PL teams bought at least one youngish English player in my game in the first season summer window, Zaha went to Man City for about 57M and there were one or two others.

I think Josh earl ended up being bought by Stoke in my game actually for about 5M.
Yeah they bid 5m for him when I first started the game. His performances for me saw Newcastle and WHU linked come January so I got him onto a new contract with a 15m release clause in it for clubs in higher divisions

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Palace got relegated in mine and City bought him too, 42m I think.

He's dominating.

They just dropped 115m on Varane too.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Just had a quick game over lunch. * my teem annoys me sometimes. Playing 24th placed Notts Forrest managed by Guus Hiddink at home and we play like mongs and lose to a 10 man side 1-0

Just had a quick game over lunch. **** my teem annoys me sometimes. Playing 24th placed Notts Forrest managed by Guus Hiddink at home and we play like mongs and lose to a 10 man side 1-0
I wish it was easier. I suck at this game.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just had a quick game over lunch. **** my teem annoys me sometimes. Playing 24th placed Notts Forrest managed by Guus Hiddink at home and we play like mongs and lose to a 10 man side 1-0
It's gotta be scripted to an extent.

I was top and played bottom placed Burnley and lost 1-0 at home.

Something like 17 shots on target to their one or two.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It's gotta be scripted to an extent.

I was top and played bottom placed Burnley and lost 1-0 at home.

Something like 17 shots on target to their one or two.
This was even worse since I actually deserved to lose. Even with the extra man for over an hour think they edged it out shots by 1

Side note with my Sunderland save file. I had no transfer money, but enough for wages and loaned like 5 guys in.

Now I've got new owners that have given me like 35mil. Another annoying thing is selling people is so hard on this game.

Some guys I can't even give away for free, I have to pay all their wages and get nothing in return, I am forced to just loan people out until their contract run out so I don't have to pay as much wages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back