• Richard Marles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Joel Fitzgibbon

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Morrison grew up privileged, is a private school flog who has worked as a public servant and ad man. He is also and evangelical, which is hardly common in Australian.

In no sense of the word does he have the common touch or even give a **** about regular Australians.

But he managed to get re-elected. It's simply about being able to appeal to the electorate and sell an image. Albo comes across as likeable, forthright and more in touch than someone like Shorten or Bowen.

Agree with the thrust of your message, but didn't he attend a high-class public school?

If Shorten doesn't want Albanese....that's enough reason to elect Albanese!
Shorten also wanted to cut out of pocket costs for cancer patients.
Shorten also wanted free dental for pensioners with an eye towards free dental for all.

Shorten should stay out of the leadership debate all together. He's from the right faction so of course he will support the right candidate. But he's also supporting a guy that will be linked with him over the failed election.

Shorten also wanted to cut out of pocket costs for cancer patients.
Shorten also wanted free dental for pensioners with an eye towards free dental for all.

Shorten should stay out of the leadership debate all together. He's from the right faction so of course he will support the right candidate. But he's also supporting a guy that will be linked with him over the failed election.

They should elect the bloke the Liberals don't want and that's Albanese and it's not close. He appeals to a wide faction of society, Shorten didn't. Albanese actually speaks like a leader.

They should elect the bloke the Liberals don't want and that's Albanese and it's not close. He appeals to a wide faction of society, Shorten didn't. Albanese actually speaks like a leader.
Then say that. Not some s**t analysis of Shorten wants him that's all you need to know.

If the ALP factional powerbrokers wanted Albanese,he would have been there already

Question is do they want him now?

doesnt work like that anymore

caucus is 50% of the vote, the ALP members 50%

the successful candidate must have at least 20% support of caucus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the caucus saying a big "f you" to Shorten in throwing their support behind Albo.

Also, I think people reason it is fair to give Albo his shot - he could be just the antidote to ScoMo's "ordinaryness". But my prediction is this will end in failure for Labor. Albo too unpolished to be PM.

Wasn't that supposed to happen before
Iirc that was never ratified by the ALP

its already in.

Off memory, Albo got 60% of the members vote, Shorten got 63% of the caucus vote, hence the win to Shorten

Labor may be sorry about this coronation of a new leader - look what happened to the Conservatives in 2016 with Theresa May. Everyone dropped off leaving someone completely unequipped to be leader.

its already in.

Off memory, Albo got 60% of the members vote, Shorten got 63% of the caucus vote, hence the win to Shorten
So the faction controlled caucus rules
As I posted
If the factional powerbrokers wanted Albanese he would have been there
They will hammer out another deal and pick who they want
The membership vote is a sham

This is the caucus saying a big "f you" to Shorten in throwing their support behind Albo.

Also, I think people reason it is fair to give Albo his shot - he could be just the antidote to ScoMo's "ordinaryness". But my prediction is this will end in failure for Labor. Albo too unpolished to be PM.
Perhaps but Sco Mo won't be able to come up with election strategy on the back of a beer coaster in 5 minutes. Not a good thing to have a bad opposition

Labor may be sorry about this coronation of a new leader - look what happened to the Conservatives in 2016 with Theresa May. Everyone dropped off leaving someone completely unequipped to be leader.

what coronation? The caucus AND the members haven't even voted yet

So the faction controlled caucus rules
As I posted
If the factional powerbrokers wanted Albanese he would have been there
They will hammer out another deal and pick who they want
The membership vote is a sham

shorten won only by 1.5%, hardly locked in by caucus. The caucus and membership vote hold equal 50% worth. If the members have voted 64% for Albo, he would have been opposition leader.

also the caucus votes and the member votes were counted on the same day - making it not possible to fix one vote to override the other

shorten won only by 1.5%, hardly locked in by caucus. The caucus and membership vote hold equal 50% worth. If the members have voted 64% for Albo, he would have been opposition leader.

also the caucus votes and the member votes were counted on the same day - making it not possible to fix one vote to override the other
How many people in the caucus?
Versus membership numbers

How many people in the caucus?
Versus membership numbers

I looked it up this time (my mem was a little off)

CAUCUS
Shorten - 55 (63.95%)
Albanese - 31 (36.05%)

MEMBERS
Shorten - 12,196 (40.08%)
Albanese - 18,230 (59.91%)

TOTAL
Shorten - 52.02%
Albanese - 47.98%

**my error was Albo needed 4% more in the members to win (sorry, got the flu today and math went wrong way :p)

I looked it up this time (my mem was a little off)

CAUCUS
Shorten - 55 (63.95%)
Albanese - 31 (36.05%)

MEMBERS
Shorten - 12,196 (40.08%)
Albanese - 18,230 (59.91%)

TOTAL
Shorten - 52.02%
Albanese - 47.98%

**my error was Albo needed 4% more in the members to win (sorry, got the flu today and math went wrong way :p)
So the current caucus will be 68??v 30k? members
Easy victory for the backroom powerbrokers

So the current caucus will be 68??v 30k? members
Easy victory for the backroom powerbrokers

My personal view (and I am a paid up member) is I dont think the membership should get a vote full stop, BUT if we have won it shouldn't be worth more than 50%

We are voting for a leader, and that entails know how someone works with people, inspires them, understands and communicates policy, and has a vision for the future. We at home get a glimpse of this, but we have far too little inside knowledge to make an informed decision.

The only thing I like about the membership vote is it is a reality check on making sure a candidate at least has some degree of public appeal, but the reality is it is a popularity contest for most members (just due to the available information they have)

Back