News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to believe now i know with what the AFL has done to that competition!
But for those that remember it well or were there like myself...Twas one of the truly great nights following the Saints!
Lovely balmy evening, huge crowd made up mainly of Saints fans and the night we not only got to taste some glory
But also saw the future for what we hoped this club would become!
12 months later we were in the big dance! Man we played some exciting footy that night!
And the mad rush from all the Saints fans including myself onto the ground after the siren for the presentation is still
Probably the wildest rush i've ever had following this club! :stkilda:

But for those that remember it well or were there like myself...Twas one of the truly great nights following the Saints!
Lovely balmy evening, huge crowd made up mainly of Saints fans and the night we not only got to taste some glory
12 months later we were in the big dance! Man we played some exciting footy that night!
And the mad rush from all the Saints fans including myself onto the ground after the siren for the presentation is still
Winmar's goal with about 3 minutes left in the 1st quarter...and the roar when he put it through...pure class :beercheers:

It was a truly magnificent night...…....when it was apparent that we were going to win the place just exploded.

30 years of pent up emotion(we'd won absolutely nothing over the previous 30 years....just truck loads of grief....B triple truckloads of grief)......it all went bang!!!!!

66 K there from memory.

After I dropped a mate off......went to Moorabbin....the Social Club on all floors was packed.

I also remember that night for another reason.....Barks pushed past us....didn't even recognize him until a mate said...."here comes Barks"

I then realized how truly ill he was.

Last game of Footy I took my Dad to he had a had a few strokes and was in rehabilitation centre in Hampton and wasn't in great shape, put him in a wheel chair and took him out for the night. A few weeks earlier the club had arranged for Spider & Nicky to go down to Hampton and spend some time with him, I had never seen him so happy LOL

I was only 12 at the time but I had a bloody ball running onto the field with some family friends! Sat behind the goals in the first quarter and the place was rocking.

I was only 12 at the time but I had a bloody ball running onto the field with some family friends! Sat behind the goals in the first quarter and the place was rocking.

Yup was a great night. Like a release from 30 yrs of pain. We finally won something!! Contrast this

images.jpeg

with this

images (5).jpeg

Could at least have forced a smile. still remember seeing the look on kids faces that night. Joy and excitement turned to confusion and apathy.

Yup was a great night. Like a release from 30 yrs of pain. We finally won something!! Contrast this

View attachment 678186

with this

View attachment 678187

Could at least have forced a smile. still remember seeing the look on kids faces that night. Joy and excitement turned to confusion and apathy.
Traianides looking loose. Next to Bevo though, may explain it.

Not after 31 years...
You're saying all those trips to get another beer from the fridge havent paid off??
He trained during the pre-season, before they realized his problems were worse.
From memory it was trying to do match sim which was the issue. Which makes sense, if you've played local footy you absolutely feel the difference after match sim, you hurt in places you dont realize existed when you ran laps.

Traianides looking loose. Next to Bevo though, may explain it.

Ahhh the memories. Some of these guys i havent thought about in 20 yrs. Robby Neill and David Sierakowski, so close to becoming premiership players. Lazar, why'd you have to get injured?

s**t, better stop before the pain and the tears return..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My old school has produced a couple of players for us recently. Longy, Goddard. Nova Peris's son could be the next one. From what ive heard hes a super gifted athlete with fantastic skills on the footy field. All the best to the kid.

Yeah, has to make the call at some point and choose footy or running.

My old school has produced a couple of players for us recently. Longy, Goddard. Nova Peris's son could be the next one. From what ive heard hes a super gifted athlete with fantastic skills on the footy field. All the best to the kid.

Did you say JACK Perris? March on in, Jack, you're with family here at the Saints!

There is a David King article in the Hun this morning.
No need for anyone to read it.
Here is the synopsis:
If Carlton lose on Sunday, Bolton is gone.
If St Kilda lose on Sunday, Richo is gone.

As you can see, King has gone into this in some depth.
With so much riding on the result, the AFL should announce there will be extra time played if scores are locked at full time

Here is the synopsis:

We’ve had the Kreisler Cup.

Does it mean this match is the Ratten Ribbon?

We’ve had the Kreisler Cup.

Does it mean this match is the Ratten Ribbon?
The AFL is already constructing the presentation dais

220px-Tombstone_courthouse_gallows.jpg

Here is the synopsis:

David King is the one media personality I just can’t figure out. Does he have dirt on all the people that employ him?
He offers nothing, yet is everywhere.

David King is the one media personality I just can’t figure out. Does he have dirt on all the people that employ him?
He offers nothing, yet is everywhere.

The entire AFL media is based on the "good bloke" principle, isn't it? So I guess King is friends with the right people. People watch/read/listen to all the content anyway, doesn't really matter if it's good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back