Play Nice Joe Daniher 2020

Shame for Joe and the bombers.

He often plays well against richmond so he will be missed by Worsford at Dreamtime
Where are you getting six weeks from? I've only seen him rules out for this week so far

host bloke on SEN

"six week to season" iirc; sounded official and breaking news ish

hopefully not true talented lad
They've only copped to this week so far. Everyone is turning that into could be the season given his history.

Hope not for his sake

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
What is Joe, 24? Out for another year? Types like him come around rarely, his career at risk, espesh as it looks like the injury has been mishandled.

Bombers a different side with him in.

We have no forward line. Let me grieve in peace.
Brown and McKernan are back or about to be. Played fine in the 2nd half of the year with them.

Is it ideal? No.

But * me look at how other clubs deal with injuries compared to us.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
superstar = played some afl games - according to the media.

Hey he is the most likely player to kick 100 goals in a season despite averaging under 2 goals a game for over 100 games.

Honestly on 2019 form Taberner being out for the year is the bigger injury blow.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Brown and McKernan are back or about to be. Played fine in the 2nd half of the year with them.

Is it ideal? No.

But **** me look at how other clubs deal with injuries compared to us.
I know. You’re right. I don’t believe it’s actually over. We have issues with managing injuries though. McKernan is kind of injury prone.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Theres a lot of radio/media talk this is down to poor management and rushing him back possibly, and overworking him before ready.

Thoughts on this? Could be legit because OP which he had originally is an overuse/overwork instability injury and the best treatment involves significant rest.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Theres a lot of radio/media talk this is down to poor management and rushing him back possibly, and overworking him before ready.

Thoughts on this? Could be legit because OP which he had originally is an overuse/overwork instability injury and the best treatment involves significant rest.
I would think the EFC would be cautious of applying some the injury treatments employed by other clubs, especially the recovery injections.
Sad and unfounded, but if it is the case this could contribute to injury management and recovery.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
That's sh!t. He's a very exciting, and actually, pretty good player (gets a lot of negative jabs from opposition supporters) - playing for one of the big 'glamorous' clubs. He's an exciting part of the current AFL landscape. Yeah, he's not as good a player as his media coverage deserves, but any 6-6 guy who can take big marks and kick goals is great for the game.

That sucks. Memo to Essendon. How about instead of 'managing his return to football' - how about waiting until he's absolutely fully-fit (ie - ready to play week-in, week-out) before bringing him back next time?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
That being said, it's less of a loss than if hed been playing and dominating, hes been out of the side and not at peak. It's not as if they just lost a player that's been dominating and winning games for them for 2 years, they have barely had him so this hurts less than it usually would.

It's a lesser loss than losing someone critical to them recently like Devon Smith or Michael Hurley.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal

Others will know more, but that rushing him back for the Good Friday game instead of just bringing him back via the reserves seems like a big misjudgment in hindsight.

Back