Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Oops. So a fail for WCE and the AFL for designing and approving an indigenous jumper that would clash in indigenous round.
Indigenous Round goes for 2 weeks so we'll be wearing it next week @ home to the Dogs, who will be in the same boat. They won't be allowed to wear their indigenous strip away to us.

Indigenous Round goes for 2 weeks so we'll be wearing it next week @ home to the Dogs, who will be in the same boat. They won't be allowed to wear their indigenous strip away to us.
I dont think they will wear it the week after as its WA day weekend - i think i heard that somewhere

What happened with the Eagles? Could they not have had a yellow indigenous jumper for this week? They still could’ve worn it last week at home if they wanted to, with Melbourne in all navy.

TheAFL approved our indigenous jumper then fixtures us against a club the jumper apparently clashes with. Nothing to do with the Eagles. AFL performing like Auskick management again.

What happened with the Eagles? Could they not have had a yellow indigenous jumper for this week? They still could’ve worn it last week at home if they wanted to, with Melbourne in all navy.

what about the umpires? just more stupidity from the AFL. Couldn't shell out to get the umpires in Indigenous kit for this game.

They did wear it last week, with Melbourne in their redback jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did wear it last week, with Melbourne in their redback jumper.

Yes I know. My question is why didn’t they have a yellow indigenous jumper they could’ve worn this week along with the other 17 clubs.

And if they wanted to wear it at home, they still could have last week, as yellow doesn’t clash with Melbourne’s navy.

Yes I know. My question is why didn’t they have a yellow indigenous jumper they could’ve worn this week along with the other 17 clubs.

And if they wanted to wear it at home, they still could have last week, as yellow doesn’t clash with Melbourne’s navy.
That's assuming the AFL industry plan ahead.

TheAFL approved our indigenous jumper then fixtures us against a club the jumper apparently clashes with. Nothing to do with the Eagles. AFL performing like Auskick management again.

Cannot wait for Gilligan to move on... absolute muppet.

Given we've always worn the royal blue against Adelaide in Adelaide (and in fact we were going to be wearing the royal blue wings up until late in the week), it's a stretch to suggest the club could've reasonably foreseen that a one-off jumper designed by an external artist, given appropriate freedom, would've clashed with another one-off jumper designed by an external artist with appropriate freedom.

Not necessarily jumper clash fails, but a few pretty basic contrast fails this round.

1559446097303.png

Would it have hurt to put Richmond in black shorts? Instead you introduce a bit of an eyesore where there wasn't one to begin with.

872ba6fb9cc3f7d18a6bc5184f3a1e76.jpg

On the other side of the spectrum, we move away from the traditional "coloured shorts = home, white = away" with the game at the Gabba last night. Why wouldn't Brisbane wear their dark shorts? Especially when it compliments the dark end of their beautiful guernsey. Just looks awkward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back