Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The away strip looks very empty but that home shirt is a cooooorker. And I was really cynical about what Adidas would do.

Anyone looked into the "Visit Rwanda" sponsorship. I initially thought it was an add-on from Emirates. Yes, this is old news.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/29/rwandas-30m-arsenal-sponsorship-divides-opinion
Yeah it's absolutely terrible. I have no idea how more of the African lads aren't angry about it. Bitter and cynical and shocking.

A mate of mine tried telling me how Rwanda is some beautiful place, how great the tourism industry is going and its benefits for an underdeveloped country...

...pretty sure some bloke high-up in the government just had a son who wanted to go to every Arsenal game in a corporate box.

A country with its issues should not be pouring money out to an English soccer club. Pretty shitty from the Gunners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work Sunderland

Ah yes, Sunderland/Adidas should absolutely waste millions in stock because of a logo change. If the vinyl press of the cancer council sponsor is thick enough to prevent seeing through to the behind logo from the front, I don't think there's an issue.

Last edited:
Ah yes, Sunderland/Adidas should absolutely waste millions in stock because of a logo change. If the vinyl press of the cancer council sponsor is thick enough to prevent seeing through to the behind logo from the front, I don't think there's an issue.
Yeah, it's pretty ludicrous that even third division clubs are bringing in new strips every season. Usually two, generally three. It's terrible for the environment but it's also mostly pointless considering it's all template gear anyway. Sunderland's a big club but there's still no shame in reusing a top and changing over sponsors... 'new' is an overstatement and a bit cunning, but considering it's a charity sponsor you could drill up some really good will with it.

So Wellington Phoenix's deal with Adidas ran out this season. Who would be next in line, do we think? Adidas have such a stronghold on NZ sport, all their rugby teams in Super Rugby have them and the All Blacks as well. Only thing is the NZ Warriors have Canterbury, and All Whites with Nike.

We also have our online store provider Football Central who make kits for local sides too, if we want to be really cheap :rolleyes:

61193693_2769106929827222_6963295022326218752_n.png

Not that it's an official kit, but here's a crack at trying to modernise the NSL '99 design I did for the Glory in the fleeting hope that maybe they take inspiration from it for a future kit...​

am I the only one who doesn't rate those designs? some are alright but it's pretty uninspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back