Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2MP has zero leg speed and limited mobility and agility. He doesn't seem to be the type of player that will prosper in the modern game.
He's Boyd with more aggression but less mobility.

We need a mobile mid-sized forward (or two). Crameri, Stringer gone - we're playing Gowers but he's a little short for the role.

Mate he is soft as butter. Watch him in games. He hates contact. How would he help us??
He kicks goals and presents to the ball carrier.
For the first three months of last year (pre-injury) he was possibly the best forward in the game.

We picked up Schache who hates contact more than darling.

Darling had a baby with his partner last year, they're both from WA so the point is moot - I really don't see him leaving.

I reckon we see if Jack Steven is gettable, all these issues and time away from footy, maybe a fresh start would be good for the boy.

I reckon we see if Jack Steven is gettable, all these issues and time away from footy, maybe a fresh start would be good for the boy.

So we bring another guy to the club that has established mental issues?

Yeah nah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a player I’d take him every day but we just got out of a huge overpaid long contract so throwing another at 2MP would be an awful decision.

I heard a small tidbit today saying that Williams is a near certainty to go to the crows so would we be interested in Jenkins as a cheap option for a year or so to help out? I await the incoming derision lol
If Williams is homebound and we were looking at potential Crow trade targets, #1 on my list would be Alex Keath. Is a Vic and out of contract this year.

If Williams is homebound and we were looking at potential Crow trade targets, #1 on my list would be Alex Keath. Is a Vic and out of contract this year.

I haven’t seen a lot of Keith. Can he play shut down and on big and smalls ?
I’d 100% be in if he fills a big need down back.
Not sure about sending Williams the other way but if he’s keen to go home then that’s the deal we should be looking at.

Not sure about sending Williams the other way but if he’s keen to go home then that’s the deal we should be looking at.

Been good this season Keath on both smalls and talls

He's more a genuine kpd (close to 200 cm and solid) and is a strong intercept mark. Was a slow developer as he spent a few years in cricket (played for Victoria) but has been All Australian quality this year. Would be a brilliant addition to our list.

Perfect. Stats don’t mean everything, but he’s had high intercepts and high pressure acts.
27 yrs old and wouldn’t be highly paid. Would prefer he at $600k-$700k over Tomlinson at $900k.
If we’re looking at Tomlinson for that money then the club would be inept (I’m aware they aren’t).

He’s worth $500k on the open market at most IMO.

If we’re looking at Tomlinson for that money then the club would be inept (I’m aware they aren’t).

He’s worth $500k on the open market at most IMO.

$500k ain’t much. If he leaves GWS it’ll be for a lot more than that imo.
Regardless of his price, I was more suggesting Keath is bettered suited by the sounds of it as he plays the role we’re looking to fill.

$500k ain’t much. If he leaves GWS it’ll be for a lot more than that imo.
Regardless of his price, I was more suggesting Keath is bettered suited by the sounds of it as he plays the role we’re looking to fill.
Screw it, we have the space. Chase both. Tomlinson can play anywhere and Keath is serious quality.

Plus, we won our last flag with a guy referred to as "Keith"...

Screw it, we have the space. Chase both. Tomlinson can play anywhere and Keath is serious quality.

Plus, we won our last flag with a guy referred to as "Keith"...

Some on the crows board think Keath could be gettable with longer term contract than what crows offer, which makes sense as it’ll probably be his biggest.

4yrs $600k would be reasonable. Would take him to 32yrs but a late bloomer so should see him hold form till then.

Would we go hard for both he and Tomlinson ? Someone on their board also mentioned Jenkins could be gettable and also cheaply. Would prefer a Keath and a player like Jenkins cheaply over two big contract type like Keath and Tomlinson

Some on the crows board think Keath could be gettable with longer term contract than what crows offer, which makes sense as it’ll probably be his biggest.

4yrs $600k would be reasonable. Would take him to 32yrs but a late bloomer so should see him hold form till then.

Would we go hard for both he and Tomlinson ? Someone on their board also mentioned Jenkins could be gettable and also cheaply. Would prefer a Keath and a player like Jenkins cheaply over two big contract type like Keath and Tomlinson
Jenkins is softer than Schache and will be 31 at the start of next season. It's a no from me.

The rumours yesterday indicate we'd see Tomlinson as a forward. I'd be happy with that considering he can play anywhere so has a fallback position. He's a genuine mobile tallish type Bevo would love (I joked elsewhere that the only way he could be more Bevo is if he changed his first name to Bailey).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back