TOOTHLESS TIGERS

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Richmond lost confidence as a direct result of the pounding ive given them over the last 2 years about being utterly s**t away from the mcg.

Dimma even private messaged me and offered me hush money - it said f}%% off fanta pants - you can take you and your chutney muff and fwarg off you filthy firecrotch

Then my eagles won!!!

Mission accomplished!!

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
So as your prime midfielder his role in the team is just to give away HTB free kicks, turn the ball over and not tackle? Because that is what he has contributed to the team the past 3 games.
Thats some seriously deluded or comical s**t there man- I cant decide which.

Yes he's not playing well and he's certainly getting caught where previously he would shrug himself out of a tackle and set up play further down the field. Absolutely all areas of improvement. His role however over the last 2 years is not to be a tackling, pressure machine. Nothing much has changed in that regards.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes he's not playing well and he's certainly getting caught where previously he would shrug himself out of a tackle and set up play further down the field. Absolutely all areas of improvement. His role however over the last 2 years is not to be a tackling, pressure machine. Nothing much has changed in that regards.
He may not be required to put on 10 tackles a game but I think most here are saying 1 tackle in 3 games is below the output that would be expected of any player and it is a concerning statistic. Its not just a role based thing.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
He may not be required to put on 10 tackles a game but I think most here are saying 1 tackle in 3 games is below the output that would be expected of any player and it is a concerning statistic. Its not just a role based thing.

I'm with you re the numbers. Sense of hysteria in some of the earlier posts and hence my comments. He needs to improve his defensive pressure. It's not just tackles...he can have zero tackles but he is well down on pressure acts and that needs to improve.

Even last week he was doing things that were un Martin like. Look forward to next week to see how he ans the team react. Somethinf tells me Martin will be BOG.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I think even forgetting whether the game plan has been found out, coaches have found a tactical way to better it etc....

And forgetting about the injuries.

The Richmond game plan reminds me of the Ross Lyon one, the manic unbelivable pressure gamestyle. You have to do more and work harder to beat the opposition.

And that's okay, for a while. But then you find the team, over a number of years, are exhausted, gone to the well one too many times. Cooked and nothing left to give.

It's not a long term sustainable game plan.

It's why Clarkson has no peer in the coaching world.
Ahh, I have just decided to look at your posting history. You talk a fair bit about Freo and Ross Lyon don't you?

I love it when they talk about the premiership standard mumbo jumbo bullshit where you gotta average 100 points a game an concede no more than 86.

Richmonds 2017 side averaged 90.5 points a game and conceded 76.5.

Freos 2013 GF side averaged 93.5 points a game conceded 68.

West coast 2018 side averaged 91 points a game, conceded 75.

Go watch the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the 2013 prelim final between Freo and swans. Then watch the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the 2017 GF between tigers and crows. Scarily similar isn't it?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Richmond were never really that good. Skills were bad and their manic pressure chaos hack kick forward style relies too much on luck of the bounce and is not sustainable. Collingwood chopped them up with skilled precision short kicks last night.
Similar to Ross Lyons Saints and Dockers. Only difference is Richmond won the 2017 flag.

i think you're in denial

a team that has that little of teh ball and allows opposition such possession dominance will always give up more frees. Umps were bad both ways

Rules of the game comment is a little paranoid- really should help you with your midfield grunt and Tom Lynch/JR combo.

A good workman never blames their tools ;)

Rance would have been exposed, along with many other loose defenders in all teams, enormously last night, even more so than in the prelim.

After top 6- your list is ordinary- short, soft and slow

Post and OP has aged well. I remember my first beer as well.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

watching my team win more games than yours

Really? The ladder says we have won more at this stage. Surprising. Or have you been living "life in the fast lane" Because if you have, I believe a band called The Eagles have a cautionary tale about that kind of stuff.

FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
Really? The ladder says we have won more at this stage. Surprising. Or have you been living "life in the fast lane" Because if you have, I believe a band called The Eagles have a cautionary tale about that kind of stuff.

apologies - we have won the same amount of games in the past month

That time of month- captain blood?

Keep pretending you are Tigers of old ;)

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Tigers past 3 games have shown that they are a shadow of the team that dominated 2017 and most of 2018

Prelim- they were absolutely destroyed- anyone who had been paying close attention to the Tigers games, wouldn't have seen this as too big a surprise- they had been unimpressive for the majority in the weeks leading into this.

Round 1- Came out firing as expected as it was first chance to atone for pantsing in prelim- given a dream run form umps and shot to 5 goal lead. Young blues team absolutely dominated q 2 and 3, before running out of legs.

Last night- they were exposed as soft and lacking depth. Confidence has gone, a couple of key injuries and their soft underbelly and lack of depth/class on show for all to see. That was a 15 goal shellacking wrapped up in a 7 goal loss. Pies absolutely destroyed them.

With Jack Reiwoldt looking likely to have done something to his wrist and Tigers having a one paced midfield (apart from Edwards), an ordinary backline and a few younguns who look lost without the protection of the big boys - I predict Tigers will not make the 8.

It's a very tight comp and I fear the rest of the comp has figured out the Tigers and most have better lists.

Thoughts?

That's the thing about shadows.

You can't catch them.

Tigers past 3 games have shown that they are a shadow of the team that dominated 2017 and most of 2018

Prelim- they were absolutely destroyed- anyone who had been paying close attention to the Tigers games, wouldn't have seen this as too big a surprise- they had been unimpressive for the majority in the weeks leading into this.

Round 1- Came out firing as expected as it was first chance to atone for pantsing in prelim- given a dream run form umps and shot to 5 goal lead. Young blues team absolutely dominated q 2 and 3, before running out of legs.

Last night- they were exposed as soft and lacking depth. Confidence has gone, a couple of key injuries and their soft underbelly and lack of depth/class on show for all to see. That was a 15 goal shellacking wrapped up in a 7 goal loss. Pies absolutely destroyed them.

With Jack Reiwoldt looking likely to have done something to his wrist and Tigers having a one paced midfield (apart from Edwards), an ordinary backline and a few younguns who look lost without the protection of the big boys - I predict Tigers will not make the 8.

It's a very tight comp and I fear the rest of the comp has figured out the Tigers and most have better lists.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are premature ejaculation is treatable. You should get some help with that.

FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
I would like to now admit that I was paid a significant amount of $$$$ by the Richmond Football Club to post this- it seems to have had the desired effect and won you a flag!
If any Tigers supporters wish to thank me- please DM me and I can let you know how to pay me.

Great that you are all enjoying your win and looking towards the future

Back