Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenkins is softer than Schache and will be 31 at the start of next season. It's a no from me.

The rumours yesterday indicate we'd see Tomlinson as a forward. I'd be happy with that considering he can play anywhere so has a fallback position. He's a genuine mobile tallish type Bevo would love (I joked elsewhere that the only way he could be more Bevo is if he changed his first name to Bailey).

Yeah, fair enough. I’m getting drunk with trade power knowing we have a huge kitty. Not a big Jenkins fan but could be a last option as the tall fwd we need.
Do you see Tomlinson as a genuine fwd threat ? It could be the enticement for him to join us. Every player wants to play up fwd.

What would a trade haul of Keath and Tomlinson cost us salary wise in your opinion ?

Yeah, fair enough. I’m getting drunk with trade power knowing we have a huge kitty. Not a big Jenkins fan but could be a last option as the tall fwd we need.
Do you see Tomlinson as a genuine fwd threat ? It could be the enticement for him to join us. Every player wants to play up fwd.

What would a trade haul of Keath and Tomlinson cost us salary wise in your opinion ?
We have zero forward marking power outside of Naughton and occasionally Gowers, Tomlinson is a natural footballer so I'd expect him to be able to compete.

I'm just as clueless as anyone else when it comes to player contracts outside of whispers, but considering Trengove was a fringe ruck/backman and cost $450k I imagine Keith might be similar if we offer him the security of four years. Tomlinson we'd have to pay overs for to get him to us.

If we’re looking at Tomlinson for that money then the club would be inept (I’m aware they aren’t).

He’s worth $500k on the open market at most IMO.

aware we are not looking at him
or
aware we are looking but not at that money

btw - I agree with your value assessment

We have zero forward marking power outside of Naughton and occasionally Gowers, Tomlinson is a natural footballer so I'd expect him to be able to compete.

I'm just as clueless as anyone else when it comes to player contracts outside of whispers, but considering Trengove was a fringe ruck/backman and cost $450k I imagine Keith might be similar if we offer him the security of four years. Tomlinson we'd have to pay overs for to get him to us.

Crows board seems to think the club is very keen to keep Keath as he’s a far better player than what Trengove was when on the outer at Port, so can’t see them not matching at least $500k. It’s probanly the length they’d struggle with as they have a lot of player out of contract this year and next.
4/5yrs at $550+ imo.
That’s not too bad.

$1.2-$1.3 on Tomlinson And Keath for 4-5 years. Reasonable???

Would be a pretty good trade haul.

Trengove contract was prior to the cap increase though, wasn't it? That would imply that Keath would be on $600k if the sizes are comparable (which I think is realistic)

Crows board seems to think the club is very keen to keep Keath as he’s a far better player than what Trengove was when on the outer at Port, so can’t see them not matching at least $500k. It’s probanly the length they’d struggle with as they have a lot of player out of contract this year and next.
4/5yrs at $550+ imo.
That’s not too bad.

$1.2-$1.3 on Tomlinson And Keath for 4-5 years. Reasonable???

Would be a pretty good trade haul.
I'd do it.
Who else are we going to pay? Not much point on leaving cap on the table and Tomlinson is a free hit as a FA anyway.

Picken & Boyd frees up a decent amount of cap and potentially Moz. If Bailey Williams leaves we have a starting point for negotiations with Adelaide.

Trengove contract was prior to the cap increase though, wasn't it? That would imply that Keath would be on $600k if the sizes are comparable (which I think is realistic)
Yep true, plus the market for KPPs is always tight.

I don't think Williams has the credits in the bank to be worth a whole lot, honestly.

I see the talent and ability as a whole but he has been putrid this year and hasn't exactly been explosive or game-changing at the highest level.

600-700k on a 27 year old with 21 games experience is a bad investment

It’s $300k-$400k per year less than what we spent on a 19 yr old with only 9 games experience.

His value at Adelaide isn’t 6-7k but to pry him away you’d be paying up near that. If he ended up somewhere else I’d be very very surprised if it was for less than 550k-600k

You just need to look at players who
may be available to us this off season, it’s a pretty bare offering.
If we’re big players during trade week, whoever we bring in, we’ll be paying overs imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this rate, I could realistically see us doing a straight swap of Williams for Keath. Last year, I would have laughed at the suggestion, but Williams has been pretty poor this year and is currently sitting in the VFL, while Keath is on track for the AA squad. Considering the potential of each, and the difference in age, I honestly think a straight swap could happen. I doubt many rate Williams as highly as some on here do, and if rumours are to be believed, it sounds like he's on his way back to SA this year

At this rate, I could realistically see us doing a straight swap of Williams for Keath. Last year, I would have laughed at the suggestion, but Williams has been pretty poor this year and is currently sitting in the VFL, while Keath is on track for the AA squad. Considering the potential of each, and the difference in age, I honestly think a straight swap could happen. I doubt many rate Williams as highly as some on here do, and if rumours are to be believed, it sounds like he's on his way back to SA this year
I only see those rumours on Big Footy.

I expect him to be named in this weeks 22 and to deliver what some of us know he’s capable of.

I don’t know why the club would squander obvious talent and yet persist with hole fillers like Gowers.

I only see those rumours on Big Footy.

I expect him to be named in this weeks 22 and to deliver what some of us know he’s capable of.

I don’t know why the club would squander obvious talent and yet persist with hole fillers like Gowers.
It's a rumour that's been popping up since last year, and until he signs on longer, it worries me. Would be a seriously waste of a trade knowing Williams' talent, but if he does decide he wants out, and doesn't show anything more this season, then I doubt we get much more value out of him

Daniel set to sign for another 3.

Caleb Daniel closes in on new three-year deal with Western Bulldogs

Caleb Daniel is closing in on signing a new three-year deal at the Western Bulldogs as the club builds towards its next premiership.
Daniel could sign that deal as early as next week as Luke Beveridge’s decision to turn the 168cm midfielder into a small defender pays dividends.
Daniel’s deal will take him through to free agency, with the premiership player thriving since being pushed down back last year.
Champion Data rates him the fourth-best kick in the competition behind only West Coast’s Shannon Hurn, Geelong’s Mitch Duncan and Eagle Lewis Jetta.
Daniel constantly chooses tough options under heavy pressure as a small defender and yet still releases teammates into space.
f95b768ef53b0d2f478a11e771b05d84
Caleb Daniel has agreed to a new three-year deal.
On pure retention rate — successfully hitting a target — he ranks eighth in the competition, with Hurn, Duncan and Geelong’s Tom Stewart leading that category.
Daniel’s signature will take another priority signing off the club’s list, having secured Aaron Naughton until 2024 earlier this season.

Josh Dunkley has an offer in front of him and Tom Liberatore’s continued strong form will assure him of a contract extension likely to be a multi-year deal.
Coach Luke Beveridge will also sign a new deal in the back-end of this year, having been given assurances by president Peter Gordon and CEO Ameet Bains he will be secured past 2020.
The Dogs already had ample cap space entering the season after striking out on Hawks midfielder Chad Wingard.
ff1e9a800483853e23c6e9f1a434e43f
Daniel is one of the best kicks in the league.
The mid-season retirements of Liam Picken and Tom Boyd gives them massive cap space for 2020 as well as options at Monday’s mid-season draft.
Picken’s retirement had been expected given his concussion issues, but Boyd has given up between $1.5-$2 million of earnings from his front-ended deal.
It means the Dogs have the cap space to secure a free agent as well as make a decision on trading their draft hand — currently pick Nos. 7 and 25 — for established players.

Wingard will surely prove himself a star again, but the Dogs would have had to hand over their top-10 pick or use it in some way in a trade for the Port Adelaide mid-forward.

Instead they were able to secure this week’s Rising Star nominee Bailey Smith, who looks every bit a 200-game player.

He has played all nine games but his breakout performance came against Geelong at GMHBA Stadium, winning coaches votes for his 28-possession, five clearance, three-tackle game.

Those who are saying Tippa for Dunkley - we’d have to win every game for him to be effective - because he goes completely missing when the dons lose! (Check the stats), goalless in losses this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back