Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Aeons

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi Lions_Insider ,

Further to discussions in the review thread, do the Lions as a club track how much mainstream media the club gets on a weekly basis, as well as time on shows like 360 and The Bounce?

Further to that, how does a club such as Brisbane go about getting more time and exposure on said shows? Is there a regulated amount we should be getting?

I was of the opinion once we started winning we'd get more media time, but we're in the top 8 six rounds in and the lack of discussion around our team outside of a few passing comments is disappointing.

No doubt it must be hard for you guys in the media team and want to say again how great a job you guys do for the fans with things like the Podcast and Lions.com media.
despite being a tiges supporter I have a lot of interest in how the lions are fairing as they are my second team, I am a Brissy boy and all my relos in Brissy are die hard lions fanatics...I have to say that they get a disappointingly low amount of air time or credit especially on the "expert" footy shows....

Aeons

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
hi L_I...can you please contact me re. jacket juat not sure if you have recieved my messages. thanks for your help...

dr731

Rookie
Mar 4, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions Insider, how can I go about buying one of the training bags/duffels like what the players use?

Hey LI. Appreciate your input on our board.

Had a question about the weekly Coaches Wrap videos. A few years back, they were the best of the club's videos, and the first I watched every week. They'd take you through pieces of vision and explain specific plays, targets, etc. Really insightful stuff. Not to be too critical, but nowadays, they're just a bog standard press conference, where you could put any half-informed fan up and get the same answers. This week, questions were things like "how important is the midfield?" and "is Harris Andrews an important player?".

Is there a chance that the club could revert back? I understand that it could've been too time intensive, or could've been at risk of giving away info/strategies, and if so, fair enough. Keen to hear the club's view.

Hey LI. Appreciate your input on our board.

Had a question about the weekly Coaches Wrap videos. A few years back, they were the best of the club's videos, and the first I watched every week. They'd take you through pieces of vision and explain specific plays, targets, etc. Really insightful stuff. Not to be too critical, but nowadays, they're just a bog standard press conference, where you could put any half-informed fan up and get the same answers. This week, questions were things like "how important is the midfield?" and "is Harris Andrews an important player?".

Is there a chance that the club could revert back? I understand that it could've been too time intensive, or could've been at risk of giving away info/strategies, and if so, fair enough. Keen to hear the club's view.

I think this has been answered before. Think they felt that they were giving too much info away so it stopped.

That is essentially the reason, but we can always review that now it's been a season or two.
Cheers. If that's the case, it's completely fair enough. I just thought I'd check - I haven't watched them in a while, and watched this week's, and was really very bored, so went back to see if last week's was the same. Honestly, I don't think I got even one bit of information out of either of them.

It's a fine line between keeping the supporters informed and giving away too much to the opposition. Same reason why I think a lot of the interviews in the middle of the games are complete waffle - as if anyones going to give juicy information away when you can safely bet the live footage is being monitored for it.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
This is not a question LI but I am over the moon to see a Bears retro shirt on the online shop! Have already ordered one but am seriously thinking of getting another. I think the Club has hit the bullseye with giving equal attention to selling Bears/Fitzroy merch. Well done Lions!

ETA: Also, is there any chance the 2017 AFLW performance vests will make a comeback in bigger sizes? 2XL or 3XL?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is not a question LI but I am over the moon to see a Bears retro shirt on the online shop! Have already ordered one but am seriously thinking of getting another. I think the Club has hit the bullseye with giving equal attention to selling Bears/Fitzroy merch. Well done Lions!

ETA: Also, is there any chance the 2017 AFLW performance vests will make a comeback in bigger sizes? 2XL or 3XL?
Bears and Fitzroy gear is often quite popular, the caps this year for both are selling quite well.

2017 AFLW gear?! Fair to say we won't be investing in that in future, all you see online or in store is what we have left.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah I thought that might have been it but what I meant was that I would like to see a performance vest sold next year as part of the women's gear range in bigger sizes.
Good feedback. Cotton On basically decide what they will release for every team but we can always pitch it.

And yes, definitely meant 2017 gear, not AFLW gear in general.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really enjoyed last weekends to show. Follow up question - is the section for the Ronald McDonald kids in place for every game? And if so, are adult members going through chemo allowed to view the game from this section? Thanks
Great to hear.

The iView room is set up for kids, so would need to investigate that. Here's a segment we've previous published on what we do in that space.

Good feedback. Cotton On basically decide what they will release for every team but we can always pitch it.
I assume that's an 'in general' thing with all the supporter merch across both mens and women's leagues.

Can I please just offer some feedback - I've mentioned it once or twice elsewhere but I'd love to see that maroon and white long sleeve training shirt that the coaching staff wear with the white lion on the front as part of the regular offering. It looks like a perfect light material long sleeve shirt to run and mountain bike in, and I'm gutted to have heard that they were a limited edition, and no more are available.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I assume that's an 'in general' thing with all the supporter merch across both mens and women's leagues.

Can I please just offer some feedback - I've mentioned it once or twice elsewhere but I'd love to see that maroon and white long sleeve training shirt that the coaching staff wear with the white lion on the front as part of the regular offering. It looks like a perfect light material long sleeve shirt to run and mountain bike in, and I'm gutted to have heard that they were a limited edition, and no more are available.

Yeah I really love that white/maroon design too!

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Thanks for the heads-up
20190602_101732.jpeg

Back