Preview Round 10: Dreamtime at the G - Richmond vs Essendon, Saturday 25/05/19 @ 7.25PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They swarm and tackle hard though. I don't mean going the biff.

We wont get near him with Belly tapping it down his throat all game

We wont get near him with Belly tapping it down his throat all game
This is the exact sort of game that Belly will have a shocker in. He's expected to dominate but he needs a challenge to bring the best out of him.

I'm happy with the selected team. There is a fair bit of youth - so naturally there will be some frustration - but I think it is a team that has some upside. Nice to see that we are no longer selecting players purely because they are old, regardless of form.

I reckon the Bombers will win this. We don't have a genuine ruck division and with Lambert out now as well, our midfield is incredibly thin. Reckon the Bombers will dominate this one through the middle with Shiel, Merrett and Heppell and will just win the inside 50s and create enough chances to win.

I reckon the Bombers will win this. We don't have a genuine ruck division and with Lambert out now as well, our midfield is incredibly thin. Reckon the Bombers will dominate this one through the middle with Shiel, Merrett and Heppell and will just win the inside 50s and create enough chances to win.

This makes sense but we are mentally weak. My hope is that we don’t look at your outs and take it easy, which we are prone to doing. It’s why we lose to whoever is on the bottom of the ladder once or twice a year.

All these Richmond players out makes me even more nervous! Essendon do not perform well when we are supposed to beat sides when they are depleted...
Hope tomorrow evening we can get it done.

We are more likely to win against full strength teams. We always get caught out by no name players we don’t give enough respe

Gee we are a funny bunch

Richmond Supporters - cant see us winning this week, our midfield is paper thin. Bombers will probably win.

Essendon Supporters - damn we should win this one but we are mentally weak .. Tigers will probably win.

:D
Your dad will DEFINTIELY beat up my dad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee we are a funny bunch

Richmond Supporters - cant see us winning this week, our midfield is paper thin. Bombers will probably win.

Essendon Supporters - damn we should win this one but we are mentally weak .. Tigers will probably win.

:D
Fact.

****....If we’re ever a chance of breaking the Dreamtime hoodoo...

Can we please put some time into Caddy, Rioli & Dusty?? All 3 generally score 3-5 every time we play them...
No Matt Dea helps, he had an absolute mare in Round 22 last year. Both Caddy and Dusty kicked 4 each and I’m sure he was the defender of at least six of those goals.

****....If we’re ever a chance of breaking the Dreamtime hoodoo...

Can we please put some time into Caddy, Rioli & Dusty?? All 3 generally score 3-5 every time we play them...
The same Caddy who has kicked 4 twice in 8 games with no others above 2, Rioli who has kicked 1 goal in 4 games and Martin who nabbed 4 once and no others above 2 in 16 games?

The same Caddy who has kicked 4 twice in 8 games with no others above 2, Rioli who has kicked 1 goal in 4 games and Martin who nabbed 4 once and no others above 2 in 16 games?

oh ok

Stop woffling & put your AFL prospective away...

The same Caddy that kicked 4 twice last year & the same Martin that kicked 6 over the 2 games we played them last year.....I’d say that’s pretty relevant.

None of the Age tipsters tipped us - 100% for Richmond....:think:
I’m no optimist but I thought this would at least be a 50-50 shot - am I missing something??

that should give you supreme confidence if anything

Stop woffling & put your AFL prospective away...

The same Caddy that kicked 4 twice last year & the same Martin that kicked 6 over the 2 games we played them last year.....I’d say that’s pretty relevant.
Apologies for bringing facts to the story.

Btw you forgot to mention Riolis relevant statistic.

We struggle with teams willing to apply constant pressure, and that is entirely what Richmond's game is based on.

If the coaching staff have addressed this through the week, then I don't see why we can't counter that and put in a solid effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back