General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he’s still out there pleading his case to get another shot in the midseason draft ... because he was just starved of opportunities ... not that he was just complete trash every time he got one
Pleassssse Carlton please please please

When will the coaches move Salem forward? If he can get 18 touches as a half forward and kick it inside 50 8 times, we retain atleast half you would think. He's completely wasted in defence.

The most important kick in the game used to be the half back flank, looking at the way Ablett is being used by the cats it's pretty clear the most important kick is half forward now

To add to that, throw Fritsch back forward aswell and insert Hannan and I reckon we can get rolling again this year.
Was just thinking how odd it is that we have two forwards laying back and two backs playing forward.

I remember seeing footage of Salem playing forward before we picked him up. He backed into packs, took one handed marks and was flawless with his disposal.

I think it would be a great move. His delivery inside 50 makes such a difference when he gets the opportunity. I suppose we’ll find out when we get a few more players back.

Was just thinking how odd it is that we have two forwards laying back and two backs playing forward.

I remember seeing footage of Salem playing forward before we picked him up. He backed into packs, took one handed marks and was flawless with his disposal.

I think it would be a great move. His delivery inside 50 makes such a difference when he gets the opportunity. I suppose we’ll find out when we get a few more players back.
I don't know. I understand the thinking, however Salem is playing the best footy of his career atm. Not sure it's a great idea to move him away from where he's excelling at? With a full list to choose from, Melksham plays the high forward role distributing into the 50. Salem distributes the ball out of the defensive part of the ground. Hibberd, Lever and May can all use the ball ok. The potential to move Salem further up the ground will depend on these guys being fit and in form.

I agree we should move Fritsch forward. He's a liability down back. Melksham, Hannan and Fritsch all forward would turn our forwardline into a very dangerous one. All are hard to match up on as they good marks and love to kick a goal. I also think Petracca has looked really dangerous last couple of games too. His kicking clearly needs work, but he's creating chances.

FB: Hore May Jetta
HB: Salem Lever Hibberd
C: Jones Viney Brayshaw
HF: Hunt Petracca Fritsch
FF: Hannan T McDonald Melksham
R: Gawn Oliver Harmes

I/C: ANB Frost vandenBerg Preuss

Fringes are Weid, KK (RIP), Spargo, Garlett, Petty, Baker, Wagners, Smiths, OMac, Stretch and Lewis.

Last edited:
FB: Hore May Jetta
HB: Salem Lever Hibberd
C: Jones Viney Brayshaw
HF: Hunt Petracca Fritsch
FF: Hannan T McDonald Melksham
R: Gawn Oliver Harmes

I/C: ANB Frost vandenBerg Preuss

Fringes are Weid, KK (RIP), Spargo, Garlett, Petty, Baker, Wagners, Smiths, OMac, Stretch and Lewis.
Jones and Lewis are cooked, Nev might not have much longer, and VDB is a long shot to ever get his body right.
I think Joel Smith is a future jet, and OMAC is enormously underrated by most on this board. Spargo and Tim Smith will also become very solid AFL players IMO.

Most damaging midfielders:

1. Dayne Zorko - 21.1 chains to 32.6 per cent scores
  2. Josh Kelly - 27.2 chains to 30.1 per cent scores
  3. Dayne Beams - 24.4 chains to 29.2 per cent scores
  4. Dion Prestia - 23.1 chains to 28.8 per cent scores
  5. Marcus Bontempelli - 26.6 chains to 28.5 per cent scores
Least damaging midfielders:

1. Andrew Gaff - 28.7 chains to 14.4 per cent scores
  2. Clayton Oliver - 29.7 chains to 14.6 per cent scores
  3. Jack Redden - 20.8 chains to 15.1 per cent scores
  4. Reece Conca - 20.4 chains to 15.2 per cent scores
  5. James Worpel - 23.5 chains to 16.4 per cent scores
Champion data stat just seen

Elite ball user Dion Prestia...

My highlight of his career was when he was recruited by Geelong, when they thought they could fix him

They did. He finally shattered his hopes and made him give up his AFL dream, something we couldn't achieve.

No they didn't ... it was concussion, or injuries or something

When your life's ideation is brutally shattered, it probably feels like blunt force trauma to the head.

When your life's ideation is brutally shattered, it probably feels like blunt force trauma to the head.
We all know that guy who "Would have played AFL, if it weren't for injuries/politics/etc" who only ever played 3rds in the country. Obviously some of them slip through the cracks in the ceiling and actually do make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My least favourite sandwich of all time is us drafting Sam Blease at 17 and James Strauss at 19 in 2008 while die hard MFC fan and eventual Norm Smith medallist Luke Shuey went at pick 18.

I quite like toasted egg and bacon. The sandwich you've listed there is most uncommon.

Hahaha that totally went over my head his name being in top 5.what a rubbish player
The only way I can figure he finds his way onto that list, is that his disposal is so terrible it's often to no ones advantage, rather than to the oppositions, so it still gives his team mates a chance to turn it into a score.

I quite like toasted egg and bacon. The sandwich you've listed there is most uncommon.
Good sandwich. I add sauce to an egg and bacon. I’m blue collar like that. Don’t mind a BLT either, though the lettuce component makes it more a late brunch / lunch item in my view.

He’s right though in we may have missed one with that shuey bloke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back