List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bailey Schmidt, thank you.

(Is he a good player?)

Not the type of player for us our talls have to have serious mobility for how bev wants us to play. If we go tall look out for players like Ben Kelly from the Bushrangers and Will Kennedy from the Jets.

Maybe Aaron Clarke too (also a Jet)

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still think at this stage injecting pace into the forward line is the right choice for us in the MSD.
I like Corey Rich, Wizard17 nice fit for Liam Picken and good fill for Tory Dickson and Sam Lloyd. I was reading an old bio
of his the other day and they asked him who of his teammates could play AFL and he said "Lachie Young" very prophetic.

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like Corey Rich, Wizard17 nice fit for Liam Picken and good fill for Tory Dickson and Sam Lloyd. I was reading an old bio
of his the other day and they asked him who of his teammates could play AFL and he said "Lachie Young" very prophetic.

I like Cody Hirst (I said this 1 million times already :p) just think he is similar sort to Papley which everyone on here wants according to the list management thread.

Something tells me we will go with Reuben William though. Would mean JJ plays up the ground though and I don't like that.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like Cody Hirst (I said this 1 million times already :p) just think he is similar sort to Papley which everyone on here wants according to the list management thread.

Something tells me we will go with Reuben William though. Would mean JJ plays up the ground though and I don't like that.
I had a look at Cody Hirst after you mentioned him last year after the combine, bit light, but good wheels and goal
sense. I watched Adam Tipungwuti and Fitzroy Greenwool play the other day kicked seven goals between them
sadly Greenwool is Suns Academy, both very exciting, but very light and I have seen more sturdy legs on an Aldi
coffee table. I agree with your Reuban William theory, would not surprise me at all.

Last edited:

Unless William can play up the ground?

William's advantage is that he knows our systems so can contribute in 2019, any 19 year old probably won't. I'd still rather us target a need for 2020 than worry about the back end of 2019 as if the 22nd bloke picked is going to fire us up the ladder.

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Unless William can play up the ground?

William's advantage is that he knows our systems so can contribute in 2019, any 19 year old probably won't. I'd still rather us target a need for 2020 than worry about the back end of 2019 as if the 22nd bloke picked is going to fire us up the ladder.
I haven't seen enough if William outside of defense to make a call either way. We do have a lot of players in his primary position already on the list which would make the pick a bit strange list management wise.

Would rather us pick the right player for our list going forward and pick up Kelly as a big KPD, Hirst as a small forward and maybe Will Kennedy as a KPF/swingman.

Last edited:

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not the type of player for us our talls have to have serious mobility for how bev wants us to play. If we go tall look out for players like Ben Kelly from the Bushrangers and Will Kennedy from the Jets.

Maybe Aaron Clarke too (also a Jet)

No Baileys?

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I haven't seen enough if William outside of defense to make a call either way. We do have a lot of players in his primary position already on the list which would make the pick a bit strange list management wise.

Would rather us pick the right player for our list going forward and pick up Kelly as a big KPD, Hirst as a small forward and maybe Will Kennedy as a KPF/swingman.
Ben Kelly please.

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who the hell are we going to target in the MSD?
Surely we look to address our forward half speed and tackling woes first then key defensive post?

Young half forwards like Hirst, Andrews and Riordan.

Maybe a KPF given how Riccardi got a call up to the testing soon after Boyd retired we could be looking there.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

"He played predominantly as a centre half-back before switching into the ruck the last two seasons, but has returned to his defensive roots in 2019 while still rucking where required. "

Where does Bev sign?

But seriously, if you have a chance to draft a good key post, you do - thats the thinking that got us Naughton. And its not like we are falling over ourselves with speedy tall defenders who are good intercept marks, is it? (Im not saying we rate this kid at all, but if we do, I would pull the trigger for sure)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"He played predominantly as a centre half-back before switching into the ruck the last two seasons, but has returned to his defensive roots in 2019 while still rucking where required. "

Where does Bev sign?

But seriously, if you have a chance to draft a good key post, you do - thats the thinking that got us Naughton. And its not like we are falling over ourselves with speedy tall defenders who are good intercept marks, is it? (Im not saying we rate this kid at all, but if we do, I would pull the trigger for sure)
Doesn’t seem any team has invited him for a medical.

Jul 23, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Lachlan Ash sounds good if we fall into his draft range. I think we need some more consistency at half back. I hope we don't fall into the bottom 3 range with our pick.

Back