Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

30 years watching Collingwood and he's in my top 5. This guy is a legitimate superstar. School yard rules you would be nuts not to pick him with your first pick. Literally our key to a flag this year.

30 years watching Collingwood and he's in my top 5. This guy is a legitimate superstar. School yard rules you would be nuts not to pick him with your first pick. Literally our key to a flag this year.
50+ years of watching the pies here and for the the last 30 you could arguably be correct - he's an astonishingly good ruckman - let alone player.

But he has a way to go yet to reach top 5 all time.

Just happy he is ours and pray he remains a one club player.

There is talk a long term contract is on offer to him

Heard it is 7 years from one person and heard it is 10 years from another
Either way, it is good to see us thinking really long term with him....he is as good as we have ever had

There is talk a long term contract is on offer to him

Heard it is 7 years from one person and heard it is 10 years from another
Either way, it is good to see us thinking really long term with him....he is as good as we have ever had
I think this is the way to go. $6 million over 7 years.
Worked for Steve Austin

Thoughts on Grundy making a tilt for the Brownlow? I know it's a midfielders affair but in every game we have played, even those we have lost, Grundy has been all class. Easily our best player, if only those around him can read his hitouts and that dominance will then be reflected in our scores.

Thoughts on Grundy making a tilt for the Brownlow? I know it's a midfielders affair but in every game we have played, even those we have lost, Grundy has been all class. Easily our best player, if only those around him can read his hitouts and that dominance will then be reflected in our scores.

ummmm....He IS a midfielder?

I doubt he’s even our highest vote getter.

What will count against him most is that he probably hasn’t been our best player in any single game. He’s probably been in the best 5 on ground in every match this year aside from Rd 1, but I doubt he polls the 3 voters to get it done when he’s fighting Pendles and Treloar plus the best from the opposition on the night (Cripps, Bont, Kelly, Shuey, Daniher and Reid).

What makes him so good though is the gap between his best and worst. A bad night for him let’s say (15p, 30ho, 4t and 4cl) is the equivalent of a fantastic night for any other ruckman in the league aside from Gawn. That’s how dominant he is currently!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him or Pendles would be leading the Brownlow votes for us at the minute

I find the Coaches votes are generally a pretty good indicator

He would have to been in the conversation

Glad I held on to my #4 jumper when Dids retired.

Also glad I got on him at $41 for the Brownlow at the start of the season.

Was 16 hitouts away from breaking the hitouts record last night, against a handy opposition in Callum Sinclair.

We play Western Bulldogs again, Grundy could break the hitouts record against Tim English if theres a heap of ball ups.

Without being hyperbolic, I genuinely believe he will end up as Collingwood’s best ever player.
Let’s hope you’re a good judge.

Because wow, how good would that be.

He can surpass the pantheon that includes, Dick Lee, Gordon Coventry, Bob Rose amongst others....

If so, I’m all for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back