Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never doubted him, have watched him closely, he will be good as I think Daicos will too.

Brown's stats included 9 tackles, Pendles the same. The highest.

& 29 pressure acts. That effort where Wills got crunched in the marking contest and Brown bounced from contest to contest and ultimately won the free was sensational.

Brown ran as many steps as Murphy is tall....

Another real high quality return from Cal. It's great to see, not only his form but the patience from the coach at selection.

Bucks loves him, he loved Gavin aswell pretty cool he gets to coach his boys.

I didn't think Brown had things like this in his game. Thought he was a limited footballer. Pleasantly surprised with his growth, has some flair i was completely unaware of.

I only started see this speed and flair late last season in the VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just counted. Cal took 17 strides with his burst goal last night. Probably ran 20m. But who cares!

Never would have pictured him having a goal like that in him! When he gets in space he's one of our quickest with the ball which I can't remember ever being a feature of his game in juniors or even his first two years at the club.

Just counted. Cal took 17 strides with his burst goal last night. Probably ran 20m. But who cares!

Never would have pictured him having a goal like that in him! When he gets in space he's one of our quickest with the ball which I can't remember ever being a feature of his game in juniors or even his first two years at the club.

Just Remember Jetta's Run in the 2012 PF

I’d say neat field kicking rather than great field kicking. He lacks penetration by foot, but he knows what he can do and plays to his limitations in regards to his kicking, so that’s a tick. His set shots are awful, but that seems to be an epidemic at the club right now.

His main strengths right now are his hands and his sidestep. There’s lots to work on still, but he’s going on the right direction, which is a big positive.

I'd go one further. Hands, side step (hand in hand with spatial awareness) and defensive application. He hunts guys like Varcoe does.

Wanted to say the same thing, best thing ive seen from him.

It's those non-stat generating acts that he and Varcoe bring to the dynamic that some seem oblivious to, you need players like that who don't simply switch off after 1 effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back