2019 Membership thread - 100k again and growing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jethro Tull can go away, absolutely robbed Metallica in 1989 for a Grammy

Very true, but not Jethro Tull’s fault.
The Recording academy (in that year) treated Metallica in a very similar way to how the AFL treats Richmond (in all years).

Last edited:
Lol 77k????

They wish! They only got 72,504. Previous year we go 94,258 against the GWS. But that's ok, according to a certain magpie serial idiot there were 20,000 neutrals to our game so in fact Collingwood actually got the bigger crowd. LOL go figure.

I went to that match also and talked to a Lions and Crows fan in the outer.

No atmosphere at all and the umpires went down low on the Umpies.

Magpie fans don’t stand like we do.

GoPies is dumb. He compared the pies successful era 2002-2012 to ours and they obviously got the biggest crowds so they’re bigger. Give us 5 more minutes of success so we can get our crowds too you moron :cool:
Btw he listens to Madonna lol
wish we had a fixture like colonwoods this year. would dwarf their attendance. maybe we should loose a grand final too

another friday night tonight :drunk:

Very touchy subject metal versus prog,sorry I opened the tin of worms.

Off to Facebook with yas!

Facebook have removed 3 billion dodgy accounts lmao,to borrow a Yes song lyric “silly human,silly human race”

Facebook have removed 3 billion dodgy accounts lmao,to borrow a Yes song lyric “silly human,silly human race”
i like a couple of metalica songs but hetfield is one of the worst singers of all time

Lol 77k????

They wish! They only got 72,504. Previous year we go 94,258 against the GWS. But that's ok, according to a certain magpie serial idiot there were 20,000 neutrals to our game so in fact Collingwood actually got the bigger crowd. LOL go figure.

Geez, even if that was true... imagine being able to attract 20,000 neutrals to a game they had no interest in.

i like a couple of metalica songs but hetfield is one of the worst singers of all time
thats why Orion is my favourite!

Actually part of that statement is not true.... But it's a great instrumental (dare I say prog piece) by Metallica, and it's the one that hooked me in all those years ago. Master of Puppets....Metallica's best for mine.

What about Prog metal? Where does that sit?
Reminds me of the Judean People's Front vs the People's front of Judea!!

Lars is not the best drummer in the World but a very smart businessman,pretty much made Metallica famous.

Doesn’t really care about practising anymore,neither would I if I was filthy rich.
thats why Orion is my favourite!

Actually part of that statement is not true.... But it's a great instrumental (dare I say prog piece) by Metallica, and it's the one that hooked me in all those years ago. Master of Puppets....Metallica's best for mine,

What about Prog metal? Where does that sit?
Reminds me of the Judean People's Front vs the People's front of Judea!!

I bought Master Of Puppets on vinyl,the release day at Gretas shop in the City,Greta ran Central Station Records under Princes Bridge Station,the first metal and prog record store,bought alot of Rush albums from there,her other store was in banana alley,great old days,also Pipe Imported Records which had dark black european metal on one side and electronic experimental on the other and alot of prog.

P.S. Ride The Lightning was a revolutionary album for thrash metal like what Nirvana’s Nevermind did for the alt movement.

Anyway,enough of music but sports and music go hand in hand,we listen to it when our team wins or loses or celebrate with it.

Frank Zappa “music is the best!”

Last edited:
Lars is not the best drummer in the World but a very smart businessman,pretty much made Metallica famous.

Doesn’t really care about practising anymore,neither would I if I was filthy rich.

I bought Master Of Puppets on vinyl,the release day at Gretas shop in the City,Greta ran Central Station Records under Princes Bridge Station,the first metal and prog record store,bought alot of Rush albums from there,her other store was in banana alley,great old days,also Pipe Imported Records which had dark black european metal on one side and electronic experimental on the other and alot of prog.

Grew up in Newcastle - so our source was Utopia records in Sydney. Would trip down there a few times each year back i the day (often on the day of a concert). The effort we'd have to go to just to get access to non top 40 music...... It's so easy to access these days.

BTW - I'm really enjoying the mixes put together by this guy. Plenty of old favourites and introduced me to a load of new stuff. Prog is very much alive and well. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grew up in Newcastle - so our source was Utopia records in Sydney. Would trip down there a few times each year back i the day (often on the day of a concert). The effort we'd have to go to just to get access to non top 40 music...... It's so easy to access these days.

BTW - I'm really enjoying the mixes put together by this guy. Plenty of old favourites and introduced me to a load of new stuff. Prog is very much alive and well. .

Been to Utopia and Redeye Records,lots of vinyl in Redeye,great store!

Played in a band with 2 Novacastrions,why I now say aye at the end of everything.

Last edited:
GoPies is dumb. He compared the pies successful era 2002-2012 to ours and they obviously got the biggest crowds so they’re bigger. Give us 5 more minutes of success so we can get our crowds too you moron :cool:
Btw he listens to Madonna lol
Dont forget that the during this time, there was no expansion teams, which lower attendances, particular if you played both of them away.

wish we had a fixture like colonwoods this year. would dwarf their attendance. maybe we should loose a grand final too

another friday night tonight :drunk:

I did a quick analysis of the remaining fixtures - we will make up most the 100k between now and the end of the season. It will be a close affair but in the end they just have too many more primetime and mcg games - plus the killer will be them vs GC at home vs us against GC away - 40k vs 15k - that will probably be the difference in the end of them just shading us in attendances.

I did a quick analysis of the remaining fixtures - we will make up most the 100k between now and the end of the season. It will be a close affair but in the end they just have too many more primetime and mcg games - plus the killer will be them vs GC at home vs us against GC away - 40k vs 15k - that will probably be the difference in the end of them just shading us in attendances.
reckon wheels will fall off for them soon

also we havent played gc at the g in years joke

Been to Utopia and Redeye Records,lots of vinyl in Redeye,great store!

Played in a band with 2 Novacastrions,why I now say aye at the end of everything.

Are you Daniel Johns? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back