Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have big money:joycat:but confident enough that we will win and win well..
you know if we do this:
"relieved blues get over the line against depleted saints"..........

Both Levi & Gibbo are both baffling selections frankly, Stocker has good determination, skills, will be a player no doubt, but how much he can contribute given the urgency to remediate the thrashing received last week I don’t know.

And who would you pick instead?

Levi was good against Collingwood and no worse than our other defenders against GWS. His ability to ruck helps Kreuzer and allows McKay to stay forward...it's a no brainer actually while Jones is out.

Not sure why people are getting stuck into Gibbons, he's been OK. Besides, with Murphy injured and LOB & Setterfield rightfully dropped, we've made 3 midfield changes already. No room to drop a fourth. Lang still building form and fitness for now.

Stocker I agree is unlikely to have a huge impact for us, however again there's not exactly much to replace him with...whether it was him, Setterfield or Faosolo who got the last spot, the result isn't that different.

Kennedy cripps and spa in the guts is perfect. Two bulls and a way out
Kennedy and Cripps in a Spa not going to help our centre clearance work, but at least they will be warm.

But in all seriousness yes, Cripps with the help of Kennedy and hopefully Ed at times with one of SPS, Fisher or Dow to add the speed is much better

Someone please tell me what Levi brings to this game especially at Marvel?
His lunch.

In all seriousness though 2nd ruck for Kreuze off the bench and the get out of jail down the line kick on the wing to link up.

Possibly Bruce as well.

If Jones was back though...........

H-Mac would have to relieve Kreuze if not for Levi, still not sure I like that

Yep agreed, i just want him to throw his body around more than anything, welcome a bit of contact and make the oppostion nervous when they get it because itll be either Cripps or Kennedy tackling them.

As far as setting the tone for the game at the first bounce, i wouldn't be going Cripps Dow Fisher. Id be going Cripps Kennedy Stocker or Cripps Stocker Ed.

The Bash Brothers!

I will not rest until this becomes a thing.

I just hope we're on from the start and bring our A game. Our best footy gets the job done. Just want the boys to show something and get the media off our backs (for a week at least).

Please win Blues

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really we’re only 4 or 5 players short of our best 22, Saints very depleted.

Just no excuses and really serious questions should be asked if we can’t beat them tmrw, $2.95 seems way overs, I’m in for some of that.

Levi was good against Collingwood and no worse than our other defenders against GWS. His ability to ruck helps Kreuzer and allows McKay to stay forward...it's a no brainer actually while Jones is out.

Not sure why people are getting stuck into Gibbons, he's been OK. Besides, with Murphy injured and LOB & Setterfield rightfully dropped, we've made 3 midfield changes already. No room to drop a fourth. Lang still building form and fitness for now.

Stocker I agree is unlikely to have a huge impact for us, however again there's not exactly much to replace him with...whether it was him, Setterfield or Faosolo who got the last spot, the result isn't that different.
A post grounded in reality

This Sunday evening 6.30ish........strolling across Marvel....
1558740974509.png

Richo : "Just did not see that coming today....going down by 44pts.....Gee.....by Carlton !!"

Geary : "I'm just happy I wasn't playing. Imagine the BF banter I'd be copping this week."

Richo : " Friggin' Mckay, McGov and Curnow ALL decide to fire on the same day. ****, ****, **** !!! . And Stocker shows EVERYONE why Carlton rated him so highly. ****!"

Geary : "Can we ask the AFL to move our Bye forward a few weeks? "

Richo : " Might ask the AFL to move us to Tassie I think......"

Geary : "It's gonna get mighty ugly on BF."

Richo : "Surely Thylacine, Metalcrusher, Arr0w and co will be wetting their lips about this.....And why is Ratten high-fiving Bolton ??"

Absolutely haven't clicked together at all this year for all the faith we have in our tall forward line their giving us 9 marks per game inside 50 just not enough .
You know it’s so hard to click when:

- Inside 50’s regularly b/w 35-45 a game
- The disposal into that zone still below average

Until the above changes we have little basis to judge their effectiveness as a trio

We are coming an absolute drumming last week where we barely looked like a VFL team.

Gets me down for the first few days of the week, but by today I am all up and about again.

Reckon we will win this one, then get on a real run.

Dunno if that's a sign that were actually improving and I feel we go in with a chance each week. Or if there is just something wrong with me.

Fasolo instead of Gibbons easily and why not give
Goddard an opportunity he’s not inspiring but may just have sparked in this game .
Otherwise quite happy with changes. Jones and Murphy when ready
Hopefully Lang continues to move forward.

This Sunday evening 6.30ish........strolling across Marvel....
View attachment 680031

Richo : "Just did not see that coming today....going down by 44pts.....Gee.....by Carlton !!"

Geary : "I'm just happy I wasn't playing. Imagine the BF banter I'd be copping this week."

Richo : " Friggin' Mckay, McGov and Curnow ALL decide to fire on the same day. ****, ****, **** !!! . And Stocker shows EVERYONE why Carlton rated him so highly. ****!"

Geary : "Can we ask the AFL to move our Bye forward a few weeks? "

Richo : " Might ask the AFL to move us to Tassie I think......"

Geary : "It's gonna get mighty ugly on BF."

Richo : "Surely Thylacine, Metalcrusher, Arr0w and co will be wetting their lips about this.....And why is Ratten high-fiving Bolton ??"
I dont like to point out typing errors and I make pleanty myself but....
its 144 ...quite a sizeable omission that one..............................:p

We are coming an absolute drumming last week where we barely looked like a VFL team.

Gets me down for the first few days of the week, but by today I am all up and about again.

Reckon we will win this one, then get on a real run.

Dunno if that's a sign that were actually improving and I feel we go in with a chance each week. Or if there is just something wrong with me.

Agree with you last week was deplorable an absolute thrashing, our light has dimmed, the spark or inspiration is gone .
Last week the youngsters were pooping themselves after seeing Murphy flattened unceremoniously.
Bolton has to find a way to reignite the boys not the media’s criticism or supports baying, the spark must come from within the team the belief that they can win and wear the jumper with pride and grit again.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ed Curnow play on the forward flank again this week. I feel like he was born for this role. In this position he can really use his creative flair, electric speed, peripheral awareness and class finishing to the team's advantage. This luxury is a byproduct of our strength over the ball and two way running in midfield this year.

Authorised by the Carlton Football Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back