Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do some players have to dominate neafl and others don’t
I don't think is that straight forward, if Sam day signed contract extension he play AFL. No point playing him if he going to go to other team end of the season.

I’m under the impression the club has seen him play for 8 years on good coin too.
He is fairly average at everything he does has been his whole career.

The clubs giving the new young kids.. Collins Corbett Burgess king a run

A. To throw them in the deep end and see how they respond.
B. Try and see how high there ceiling could be.

In such a small sample, I’d say Collins Corbett and burgess all show more promise and higher ceiling then Day.

Day is also 27 this year.. contract year.
He’ll be wanting the max deal he can get while he is in the “prime” age bracket.
Something I don’t think the Suns should be paying.

Great clubman but not worth 700k a year.
A club like the Roos or Saints might pay for a swingman like Day.

Spot on friend was just thinking exactly the same thing. Burgess has not dominated at NEAFL and gets a gig yet a faithful foundation player doesn't.
Very odd either it the same standards for everyone or not. I would be very unhappy if I were Sam Day.

Spot on friend was just thinking exactly the same thing. Burgess has not dominated at NEAFL and gets a gig yet a faithful foundation player doesn't.
Very odd either it the same standards for everyone or not. I would be very unhappy if I were Sam Day.
Day played only forward this year. Between Day and King - Day did not play better in NEAFL in my opinion. Do you play 100+ games player who struggles to move/mark or give an opportunity and put games into a player who in 2-3 years is our future and has much higher ceiling? Replacing Collins, it was probably Burgess or Leslie/Graham. With a view of our team in 2 years, the committee went with Burgess who again did not play worse than Leslie/Graham in NEAFL and has higher potential in my opinion.

You would expect Day to dominate in NEAFL considering games he played, his experience. The injuries hurt him. With a similar output future always wins.

Day played only forward this year. Between Day and King - Day did not play better in NEAFL in my opinion. Do you play 100+ games player who struggles to move/mark or give an opportunity and put games into a player who in 2-3 years is our future and has much higher ceiling? Replacing Collins, it was probably Burgess or Leslie/Graham. With a view of our team in 2 years, the committee went with Burgess who again did not play worse than Leslie/Graham in NEAFL and has higher potential in my opinion.

You would expect Day to dominate in NEAFL considering games he played, his experience. The injuries hurt him. With a similar output future always wins.
Good points but saying someone has to dominate to get a game when others clearly do not have to dominate is a very strange thing to say in a public forum.
I think Burgess will get rag dolled tonight. They should have played a bigger bodied Leslie IMO.
Burgess is a 3rd tall defender /fwd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good points but saying someone has to dominate to get a game when others clearly do not have to dominate is a very strange thing to say in a public forum.
I think Burgess will get rag dolled tonight. They should have played a bigger bodied Leslie IMO.
Burgess is a 3rd tall defender /fwd.
Watching NEAFL game, I would even prefer Graham over Leslie.

Notes from Dew on 360:
  • Feels for Bolts for getting sacked. Sucks for the Coaching fraternity. Never down to one person.
  • Thinks all Coaches have a love for their players.
  • Giants left a big impression. Very powerful. First half very competitive but GC dropped away in the last quarter which was very disappointing. Their style of play very powerful and hard to combat for a full game.
  • Talks to the players often about the games demographic of the list and their ability to stick together to reap benefits. Happy with re-signatures.
Lots of nothing to be honest.

Notes from Dew on 360:
  • Feels for Bolts for getting sacked. Sucks for the Coaching fraternity. Never down to one person.
  • Thinks all Coaches have a love for their players.
  • Giants left a big impression. Very powerful. First half very competitive but GC dropped away in the last quarter which was very disappointing. Their style of play very powerful and hard to combat for a full game.
  • Talks to the players often about the games demographic of the list and their ability to stick together to reap benefits. Happy with re-signatures.
Lots of nothing to be honest.

They seemed more interested in talking to Chris Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back