Discussion Round 10 and Round 11, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (Indigenous Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

So West Coast will this season participate in 3 consecutive rounds of footy where one of the teams is wearing an indigenous guernsey (never been done before?).

Not one of these games will see both teams wearing their indigenous guernsey (not since all clubs started wearing indigenous guernseys can I recall a team not playing at least one game where both sides wore their indigenous guernsey, but waiting on someone to correct me).

Strange way of doing it but the club just replied to this random conversation I've been having on Twitter and confirmed we'll be in our royal wings

I have mixed feelings about this
I'm pleased because it alleviates the concerns that eagles royal v. adelaide navy will be considered a clash from now on. Sure, Royal Wings is a definite improvement on our Indigenous in terms of improving the clash because instead of it being busy pattern v. busy pattern, it's plain v. printed, but this was a great opportunity to see the Peril Wings in use.

Billy.png

I have mixed feelings about this
I'm pleased because it alleviates the concerns that eagles royal v. adelaide navy will be considered a clash from now on. Sure, Royal Wings is a definite improvement on our Indigenous in terms of improving the clash because instead of it being busy pattern v. busy pattern, it's plain v. printed, but this was a great opportunity to see the Peril Wings in use.

View attachment 678800
Yeh same boat - the normal Royal is 'less clashy' than the Indigenous since the wings dont come down as far, no white patterning etc - but yellow would have been better.

But as much as I love the yellow, still want to see it only used as a clash (or special occasion jumper).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else reckon the Swans jumper tonight would look better with a white number panel?

I was thinking the same thing actually, the red block on the back really takes away from the design.

I'd probably create a rounded rectangle shape with the dots on the back and place the numbers in the created space, I think while a white number panel would look better up close it would still look average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back