Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - end of an era - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Hates the way that King treats the club in the media, taking every attempt to lay the boots in when he can,

Yea, I reckon Kingy cracked the sads when he wasn't considered after yea nah Laidley left. Was always wanting us to go to the Gold Coast. Loved watching Kingy play but a dickhead these days

If we had an admin with some balls, they'd call up and give Ed a clip for that. Compromised red faced campaigner.

Someone should tell Gerard high profile admins don't sell memberships on name.

FMD.
Why would he say it? What was the context? I’m not back from game yet so haven’t seen footage.

Is brad going to do a presser? He may just leave it tonight

Great win, whole thing was done so well by the players, club and Brad himself.

Makes us an attractive destination to the next coach imo.

Good stuff North Melbourne Football Club.

Yep rather attractive , great to see Larkey have a huge impact in the second half. Is tough when you're not near it and have played so few games. Willed himself upon the contest. Is averaging 1.6 goals , 4 marks. Very solid numbers for a young KPF.

Simpkin quite first half also lifted in the second.

TT will explode soon enough, times stands still we he's got the ball.

Zurhaar- will be an inside bull- his numbers for a flanker are bordering on ridiculous.

LDU, Ahern, Garner, Scott , we've a bit to work with that's for sure.

It's amazing what a little bit of media cultivated emotion can do to people. I am flat out in Kingy's corner. He actually had the balls to step up when the rest of the media were carrying on that there was no problem.

How close did Brad get to coaching the most games in history without winning a flag?

But......yeah...........it's David King's fault.

****en spare me please.

Any disgruntled player needs to HTFU too. This isn't the Brady Bunch. They are there to WIN. Anything less is failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is more than that.

Hates the way that King treats the club in the media, taking every attempt to lay the boots in when he can, and then trying to push his way back in smiling when things go well.

Thinks hes a two faced media sycophant.
...err, because he is?!

One of Brad Scott's best and worst qualities depending on how you look at it. He would always back his boys in, and defend them at every opportunity.

I used to have a boss like that. Great bloke who I am still friends with today but he would often back underperforming guys when they needed a kick in the ass.

I feel like I'm one of the few still holding a grudge against David King for his stance on us moving to the Gold Coast...
I still hold it too.

But it just wasn't relevant in the context of why the Brad et all dislike him.

Nice win.

It was a game that was surreal in so many ways, not the least of which was to watch a Footscray game with so few 'Brave Bulldogs' commentary calls.

Loved their fans sooking as we had the best of the umpiring early on. Shown up as a pretty soft, front running lot today. So glad we've seriously dented their finals hopes, makes the win extra sweet!

I think the real tragedy here is that this was definitively the best game we have played all year. It was the first 4 quarter effort of footy played and while it turned into a shootout pretty much the whole game it was the best pressure based footy we've played in....well over a year it seems. We just denied the corridor endlessly and pushed the doggies back to retreat all day, it was brilliant.

So of course the irony is we finally play our best game and then Brad's gone. It was just a bittersweet day all round, and while I haven't enjoyed the last couple of years under Scott, it can't be denied that his career is surmised perfectly by his Win/Loss Record as of today; slightly above average.

5 minutes into it, it was apparent this game was going to be played the North melbourne way, it was contested, pressured, hard (some of the biggest tackles I've ever seen.) and finished with poise. You know its a full gametime effort and a fantastic team based effort when our goalscorers were spread across more than 5 players.

I loved the way we played today, it was all heart & emotional and you can't deny the boys didn't do this one for Brad.
- Goldstein was immense, his memories of his finals performances must have flooded back because he was back into that type of form it was the best game I've seen from him in a long time. He was everywhere around the ground, good taps, good tackling, made smart decisions with ball in hand.

- Higgins got absolutely off the chain against his old mob, whatever 'tag' they decided to put him on it never stuck, a few sloppy kicks and not lowering the eyes here and there but this was the best game he's done all season and it was off the back of pure workrate.

- Jed was unbelievable, it was just about the most courageous and warlord like performance I've ever seen from a North player, he was tackling like a man possessed with multiple efforts following up and kept composure within himself when the ball got into his hand and did some great kicks, he's definitely missing a week however for that gut punch.

- Wood was classy today, I'm glad he got backed in to bounce back after last week because its evident he's building to something. Got his hands on the ball often and inside 50 to finish with the most composed kicks he's done all year.

- Tarrant was unstoppable. 'Nuff said. Kept his man silent.

- Zurharr has become a joy to watch, he runs around like a brick shithouse and no matter what runs in like he's the biggest man on field. Almost found himself dropping out of the game but inserted himself back in when it counted.

- Atley was composure personified, still in really good form. Underrated performance.

- Larkey was kept quiet in the middle of it but came back in to seal the game shut running into the forward 50 with 2 North men available to pass it off to, but he backed himself in to take the shot and pinpointed it. Confidence is growing, he knows he belongs with the best when he gets back in the game.

- Cunnington put in the usual Cunnington performance of a worker and got his hands dirty as often as possible while venting his anger out on others.

- Tarryn Thomas, real great stuff shown that you can package in a highlight reel week in, week out. He absolutely turned Bontempelli inside out and outclassed him while casually picking up his mouthguard after booting the goal.

- I rate Luke McDonalds game today, he's getting into some decent form.

- Marley Williams is one of the best 1 v 1 defenders in the comp.

I can rave about every player nearly but those were my favourites which is alot, because it was a great game. Good effort and we sail away into the seas of unknown with Brad sailing off into the sunset on his own, and I wish him the best of luck. Thanks for the 10 years of service Scotty, you brought stabilisation, professionalism and dignity to the club and you backed your boys until the very end and in the end they put a show on in return for that loyalty.

Cheers Brad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back