Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel Baz really pushing the Neale will be booed agenda..

Channel baz probably thought labor were going to win the unlosable election as well.

He's a numpty .

We should be cheering him he won b&f and he's trade gave us some great picks which club used well. No freo supporter with a brain would boo him

Wayne Carey cheated on his wife with his best mates wife.

He then glassed a woman, admitted to it on national television and was shown being arrested after assaulting police.

I choose not to listen to his opinion or support any network that gives that piece of **** a job he does not deserve.
Well done to the " push bike " that took exception to Cary and his hypocrisy and punched him in the eye-

Booing a player who wasnt pushed and left for personal gains and boosted his new club to the detriment of the old club who by the way picked him when know one else wanted him is totally justified imo .Plus if it puts him of his game that would be a bonus. I hope Fyfe tears him a new one and shows him who is the boss

Didn't someone in the media say there was something wrong with booing? Or something like that? I can't remember what their logic was but I am fairly sure someone tried to say it was either not good or a tiny bit naughty or something like that.

Correct, but plenty will boo him.

Nah, it'll actually be swooooooooooooooooooosh, as Mundy cruises past in his Tardis move.

Be positive, you don't need to boo if you've got Sonny playing 100% (without the bloody ducks !!!!), Fyfe Fyfing, Switta swatting everything, and the Pearce Hamling show in full swing.

Was having a listen this morning to the Rohan Connolly Footyology podcast. He's a good journo but pretty anti-Freo so can get tedious at times.
I was interested in his point that our midfield doesn't run deep. His point was that in most good sides you can see the wingers, half forwards and half-backs "going into the midfield" - by this he means inside at the ruck contest.

Valid point? Certainly true for B Hill, Langdon, Hughes, Switkowski, Duman. Tucker and Conca could be seen as flankers who go inside.
We've missed S Hill and Blakely who can do both. He quite deliberately leaves Walters out of this which I think is unfair.

Was having a listen this morning to the Rohan Connolly Footyology podcast. He's a good journo but pretty anti-Freo so can get tedious at times.
I was interested in his point that our midfield doesn't run deep. His point was that in most good sides you can see the wingers, half forwards and half-backs "going into the midfield" - by this he means inside at the ruck contest.

Valid point? Certainly true for B Hill, Langdon, Hughes, Switkowski, Duman. Tucker and Conca could be seen as flankers who go inside.
We've missed S Hill and Blakely who can do both. He quite deliberately leaves Walters out of this which I think is unfair.

It was on the outside that we lost the Richmond game. I might be misunderstanding your point but No, I don't agree with that at all. Brad Hill has won more contested possessions this year than he did at all of his time at Hawthorn. Langdon, Duman and Hughes do too. Switta is flat out trying to get a possession regardless of whether its inside or outside.

Is it accurate? I would add Blakely, Cerra and Hogan to your group of players they want playing in multiple positions including midfield rotations.

Midfield always needs developing, but we will look a heap better when Valente, North and some of the others push through.

Someone tell me how Baz got to where he is today. His trajectory, regardless of his stupidity nigh cluelessness again occurred tonight. Called Mayne as Brown and O’Riordan called Melican. Is this really the best, Channel 7? Where’s Dennis?

On top of Brain Taylor calling Allir Allir completely different, as Majak Daw. What? He doesn’t even play on the same team! Lordy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Hadgorn's giong postal about Ross on 6PR right now. Not listening myself but I got it from a source on Twitter

When was the last time Ross Lyon (or Adam Simpson) went anywhere near an interview with Hagdorn. They all seem to avoid him like the plague. He even needs to hide himself at our training.

Meanwhile Ross does an interview with bloody Basil Zemplis weekly.

Says it all really.

I encourage you all to watch the Nth Melbourne press conference from tonight and Mitch Robinson's podcast with Lachie.

It's becoming clearer by the minute how poisonous and disgusting some of the media are getting.

Scott directly called out David King, and Tom Morris got a deserving serve in the conference.

The last few weeks has been evident with players and coaches starting to call some of this s**t out.

For so long the media have been the only one with a voice, with social media now there's a balancing of the scales a little with a lot of calling out bs and I love it.

I'm hoping it can create a shift from needing to be first to needing to be accurate.

It's people like Hagdorn & that snake Barrett who don't realise if they report accurately and fairly without bias they may get better access instead of a blacklisting. They then have an axe to grind and the cycle deepens and no one wins.

I honestly think we are seeing a shift, I hope I'm right.

I encourage you all to watch the Nth Melbourne press conference from tonight and Mitch Robinson's podcast with Lachie.

It's becoming clearer by the minute how poisonous and disgusting some of the media are getting.

Scott directly called out David King, and Tom Morris got a deserving serve in the conference.

The last few weeks has been evident with players and coaches starting to call some of this **** out.

For so long the media have been the only one with a voice, with social media now there's a balancing of the scales a little with a lot of calling out bs and I love it.

I'm hoping it can create a shift from needing to be first to needing to be accurate.

It's people like Hagdorn & that snake Barrett who don't realise if they report accurately and fairly without bias they may get better access instead of a blacklisting. They then have an axe to grind and the cycle deepens and no one wins.

I honestly think we are seeing a shift, I hope I'm right.

The problem with this thread and the actual media is the narrative here is all because there is negative media

Have a look back at early season especially the win over North and the media was overly positive

Give the media something to be positive about

The problem with this thread and the actual media is the narrative here is all because there is negative media

Have a look back at early season especially the win over North and the media was overly positive

Give the media something to be positive about
Eh?

I'm not seeing anything overly negative against Freo other than the usual offenders.

My comment by and large was regarding media in general, not even just sports media.

I was just using examples that I know of, that happen to be AFL related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back