• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Framptons knock in his draft year was he was the inbetween size for a ruckman without the saving quality such as ryders leap; he wasnt actually good at being a ruckman. So the team that picked him up were taking a massive punt in making him either a defender or forward, positions he didnt play often in his draft year which is why he went so low and almost went into the rookie draft. He was never going to be a no1 ruck and was always a chop out player

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just why bother rucking Billy at all?
We need an excuse to play Ladhams and I'm guessing Lycett has been carrying this injury a while? Ladhams being emergency 2-3 times over the past month? osteo pubis?
Leaving a forward we want to develop forward and getting a ruckman we want to develop out there makes sense to me. A lot of stoppages and 2 rotating ruckmen working over The Hawks ruck set up? Could work?

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
20190526_075243.jpg

From what I watched (first half before going to work) Billy simply needed to work on his positioning and timing when the ball is coming towards him. Wouldn’t be dropping him after a game where the team kicked 6.13 and definitely wouldn’t drop him for Marshall, Billy has more upside IMO but the two can co-exist. It’s once Dixon comes back things get tricky.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From what I watched (first half before going to work) Billy simply needed to work on his positioning and timing when the ball is coming towards him. Wouldn’t be dropping him after a game where the team kicked 6.13 and definitely wouldn’t drop him for Marshall, Billy has more upside IMO but the two can co-exist. It’s once Dixon comes back things get tricky.
That's why it's important to get games into him because who knows how Charlie will go coming back from a serious injury.

That's why it's important to get games into him because who knows how Charlie will go coming back from a serious injury.
Speaking of Dixon, I wonder if the increased workload from playing in the ruck rather than playing Billy might have increased the chance of injury for Dixon. Definitely a sliding doors moment.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Billy got his hands to a lot of marking opportunities yesterday and there were at least 2-3 after half time where he might have been paid them on another day.

Definitely persevere with him until Dixon is back.

Hold the phones, a 200cm 2 game key forward had a bad game away in wet and windy conditions against a team that strangled the life out of GWS and it must be highlighted.

But Ken Hinkley can death ride us into the ground over years and anyone who criticises him is the scum of the earth.

Hypocrite much?

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was easily pushed under the ball a number of times today.
Some could have been frees on another day but most were fair contests. Needs to learn from that.

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
As a neutral, I think he showed a bit.
We’ve got a you g forward in Mitch Lewis, who missed yesterday, who’s showing a bit and is improving every week. They just need time.
I thought frampton competed well yesterday, halved most contests and presented well.
Worth persistence I’d say

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why are our talls constantly double and triple teamed?
Why hasn’t Ken found a solution for that after all these years?

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As a neutral, I think he showed a bit.
We’ve got a you g forward in Mitch Lewis, who missed yesterday, who’s showing a bit and is improving every week. They just need time.
I thought frampton competed well yesterday, halved most contests and presented well.
Worth persistence I’d say
Defo worth persisting with, but needed more from him yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back