Game Day Round 10: Dreamtime At The G - Richmond v Essendon, Sat 25/5/19, MCG, 7.25PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the feeling, mate. I've got a lot of **** going on in the real world, to the point where my tolerance for football-associated ******** is at an all-time low. Even leading up to this game, I've watched fewer footy games / programs than I've ever done.
That's it mate. Footy is only a game.

I'll always love this club, back this club, follow this club, but being so invested in it seems like it's not worth it any more.

Merrett is my prototype example for players coming in full of talent and hunger only to convert to the Essendon way 5 seasons in.

It's a disease that needs to be eradicated, no matter the cost.
100% correct I'm afraid. Used to tackle with intent and play with super intensity.

Over time the mediocrity slowly creeps in, player effort drops off by 5 to 10% and here we are. It still looks kind of the same but they just don't quite get to the same level. I think it's our version of "professionalism".

Pick and choose when to go and when to try it seems. Our "senior" players reek of it.

Where at we at as a club? We are an above par side.

We have such a fantastic list. Sick of hearing how good we can be, how about how mediocre we are? Not all for sacking a coach, but questions need to be asked at years end.

I’d suggest results from the past 3 years suggest we clearly don’t have a good list. And we are definitely not an above par side.

What we are is a soft football club that picks and chooses when it wants to rock up. We’d have the dumbest collective of players in the league by a long way.

We also have a high % of players that don’t like the hard stuff. But why would you expect any change when we’ve got a coaching staff that are too gutless to make hard calls, and a board who are more worried about us having a good image than winning games of ******* football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh - it's not. It's a learned memory from the Bartlett days that isn't a rule. Saad had as much time to dispose of that ball as any other player being tackled, and you won't see a player who didn't bounce the ball be pinged for that
You’ll have to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back