Movie Terminator Dark Fate

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to let this franchise DIE.
Agreed, but that trailer does look pretty sick tho.

I can’t remember if James Cameron has done much wrong and with him onboard plus Arnold and Linda Hamilton I reckon my personal Terminator series will be 1, 2 and this.

Forget ROTM & Genysis.

They need to let this franchise DIE.

Would definitely agree with you, especially after the rubbish of Genisys.

However, after hearing of Cameron’s involvement a few years ago, I thought there’s perhaps a pulse here.

A bit disappointing he can’t direct (due to filming 4 Avatar sequels!) but he remains as a producer and more importantly it’s his story.

He said to think of the movies after T2 “as a bad dream”, so they essentially didn’t exist. This approach gives me some hope, as we’re now seeing a direct sequel to T2 set a few decades later.

Decent first trailer. Certainly has me interested now.

Would definitely agree with you, especially after the rubbish of Genisys.

However, after hearing of Cameron’s involvement a few years ago, I thought there’s perhaps a pulse here.

A bit disappointing he can’t direct (due to filming 4 Avatar sequels!) but he remains as a producer and more importantly it’s his story.

He said to think of the movies after T2 “as a bad dream”, so they essentially didn’t exist. This approach gives me some hope, as we’re now seeing a direct sequel to T2 set a few decades later.

Decent first trailer. Certainly has me interested now.
oh for sure, i will go to the cinema download it and watch it. But it needs to just end after this.

I honestly thought it was a bit of a nothing trailer to be honest.

Perhaps if Arnie had sat out Genisys there’d be some excitement about an old Arnie turning up in a terminator film but I honestly didn’t care when he showed up in it.

Will see what the second trailer is like but it looks a bit bland to be honest.

I'm interested but expecting it to bomb.

From what I've read they seem to have attempted to redo a few concepts explored in T3/4/5 - it remains to be seen if it'll be any good on release though. I get they are trying to keep the fans of the first two movies while cornering a new market in the "me too" era. Changing the lore though ?
It's been suggested that John Connor is dead in this movie. I hope it's not the case, but we'll see

I wouldn't be opposed to a complete reboot in 10*ish years time no Arnie. Return the series to the "horror" roots of the original. Have the fate of humanity rest on the shoulders of someone else

looks alright, things could be worse

I suppose you're right

35vc.gif
3Zex.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a bit average really.

For all of Cameron's bluster over the other post T2 movies, this doesn't look like righting the ship in any way.

Letting it go may be the best option, maybe give us some movies set during the war done properly, not like Salvation, more like the first ten minutes of T2 or Genisys. Time to move on from Arnie and Sarah.

Shoulda just kept on with the TV series.

Last edited:
CGI looks unfinished but apart from that looks pretty great - I hope they ditch the whole John Connor arc (or at least relegate it to the sidelines, which I presume they have given Sarah Conner appears to have a supporting role). The Rev 9 Terminator looks bad ass and I like Gabriel Luna as the choice - it would have been wrong to go for someone exactly like Robert Patrick

shoulda stopped after T2

Yep, that’s the crux of it. And that’s why Cameron was done afterwards, the story was essentially done.

I always felt T3 was disrespectful to T2 in the way it muddled up the timeline. And the T-X terminator was a bit over the top, having a “primary weapon” on its arm that’s effectively a rocket launcher was taking the piss IMO.

It had a great car chase sequence, credit where it’s due. But a completely unnecessary movie, that I felt cheapens the events of the second half of T2.

I felt T3 was fine.

Not up to standard of the first two, but acceptable. Only thing I didn't really like was the interactions with John and red head who I can't remember. Completely unrealistic. It has the best score music too outside the original two.

Lots of people believe it was just made to put Arnold back in the spotlight before his run at Governor, get his biggest franchise back in action.

T3 & 4 are respectable enough sequels. Not films I'll see regularly through the years or anything, but they have their charm.
Genisys was the first time the franchise really stunk bad. As a result, I've lost all interest in any more. Let it die. I don't even relate to Terminator as a franchise, to me it is only T1. T2 was a stunning sequel, but I don't care too deeply about it, treat it separately.

Unfortunately, China will probably stan the new one and ensure more will follow.

T3 and 4 are unnecessarily hated upon, despite attempting to further a time-loop franchise which fundamentally has little scope to explore.

T3 & 4 are respectable enough sequels. Not films I'll see regularly through the years or anything, but they have their charm.
Genisys was the first time the franchise really stunk bad. As a result, I've lost all interest in any more. Let it die. I don't even relate to Terminator as a franchise, to me it is only T1. T2 was a stunning sequel, but I don't care too deeply about it, treat it separately.

Unfortunately, China will probably stan the new one and ensure more will follow.

T3 and 4 are unnecessarily hated upon, despite attempting to further a time-loop franchise which fundamentally has little scope to explore.

3 was an inferior repeat of 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back