FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d say some of you need to take a good hard look at yourselves. Get some sunlight, get some fresh air, stop looking for back up, accept it’s not a competition, and just calm down. :)

So that diatribe is to say you are right and anyone who doesn’t agree is wrong?

So it was all great til season 4, skip whatever, until season 8 which was crap, so it’s then all crap? Season 6 eps 9 and 10 were crap?

Explain please?
I didn't say it was all crap.

I said that the show's quality declined, and it's true. You can clearly see that in the writing, in the way the characters act and some, quite frankly, dumb justifications (Dany kinda forgot about the fleet). Season 8 just made these things stand out much more.

Think I was pretty clear with what I was saying.

I’d say some of you need to take a good hard look at yourselves.
Why? It seems like you're more upset that people are pointing this stuff out.

Why would I give a single **** how many soliders were there when it has no bearing on what is happening at the time?
See, that's the point. It should have a bearing. This kind of stuff is what the show did brilliantly earlier on.

Why? It seems like you're more upset that people are pointing this stuff out.
I just reckon this thread is full to pussies bow with “confirmation bias”.

Posters just keep coming back dragging up crap from weeks ago, or post some wackos weird YouTube rant as proof/confirmation that the show is s**t. It’s like it’s a competition.

Posters who aren’t so critical have basically given up on the thread now because this is not a pleasant place to be.

Season 8 may have been the weakest of the seasons and certainly could have been improved, but it was always going to be really tough to bring it to a close and meet the extreme expectations of some fans.

I think the dogpiling on the show has got to ridiculous levels.

Posters just keep coming back dragging up crap from weeks ago, or post some wackos weird YouTube rant as proof/confirmation that the show is ****. It’s like it’s a competition.

Posters who aren’t so critical have basically given up on the thread now because this is not a pleasant place to be.

Season 8 may have been the weakest of the seasons and certainly could have been improved, but it was always going to be really tough to bring it to a close and meet the extreme expectations of some fans.

Yeah.. it's an unfortunate aspect to the scenario, I for one can see certain imperfections in the show but it doesn't mean I didn't love it. And it would be nice to come along to the thread to discuss whatever positive remains but it appears that isn't possible.

Positives... well although it was a bit Hollywood, I liked the relationship between Arya and The Hound right until the end, and unlike Jaime and Brienne they didn’t turn it creepy sexual. Even though Arya didn’t finish off Cersei like most of us wanted her to, the dialogue between her and Sandor rang true to me.

Posters just keep coming back dragging up crap from weeks ago, or post some wackos weird YouTube rant as proof/confirmation that the show is ****. It’s like it’s a competition.

It’s very much like the Star Wars thread. They are populated with people who have decided they could do better, incessantly flaming anyone who enjoyed it. They are actively trying to ruin it for everyone else.

This entire thread has been justified by the use of the phrase “pussys bow”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s very much like the Star Wars thread. They are populated with people who have decided they could do better, incessantly flaming anyone who enjoyed it. They are actively trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Rain Johnson ruined that movie for everyone, and ruined Star Wars, the moon faced campaigner.

See, that's the point. It should have a bearing. This kind of stuff is what the show did brilliantly earlier on.

Why should it have a bearing?

Did we see the Tyrell army in battle?
An army that should have been larger and in better order than the Lannisters.

I don't remember any of this level moaning when all of a sudden they were wiped out to move the story line forward.

Why?

Because it has no bearing moving forward.

Reckon the downfall started when Ser Barristan died. The actor begged D&D for his character to stay in the show (still alive in the books and has a big role to play) but no, tyey didn't have a bar of it.

And why would they?

How many hangers on does she need?

She ends up with Jon, Tyrion, Jorah, Missandei , Greyworm and Varys.

And they should make room for one more?

And why would they?

How many hangers on does she need?

She ends up with Jon, Tyrion, Jorah, Missandei , Greyworm and Varys.

And they should make room for one more?
There isn’t a limit.

Why should it have a bearing?

Did we see the Tyrell army in battle?
An army that should have been larger and in better order than the Lannisters.

I don't remember any of this level moaning when all of a sudden they were wiped out to move the story line forward.

Why?

Because it has no bearing moving forward.
Yes, we did see the Tyrell/Lannister battle, albeit briefly. And no, it shouldn't have been larger & better order, because the attack on Highgarden caught the Tyrells by surprise, so they didn't have time to gather their army, they were only able to fight with the garrison they had at Highgarden.

You didn't see bitching and moaning about that, because it made a modicum of sense - unlike the tripe which D&D produced in season 8.

Yes, we did see the Tyrell/Lannister battle, albeit briefly. And no, it shouldn't have been larger & better order, because the attack on Highgarden caught the Tyrells by surprise, so they didn't have time to gather their army, they were only able to fight with the garrison they had at Highgarden.

You didn't see bitching and moaning about that, because it made a modicum of sense - unlike the tripe which D&D produced in season 8.

The Tyrell's had a massive army still, it dwarfed the Lannister army at the time. They also had quite a few other families very loyal to them.

It's like there was a few thousand Tyrell forces and the gates were all left open for the Lannisters to waltz in through and there after not a single Tyrell soldier or ally existed, never heard from again. And yet you don't have a problem with that.

It went the way it did to progress the story.

You're literally speaking now from the point of view I've been doing so in all our exchanges.

The Tyrell's had a massive army still, it dwarfed the Lannister army at the time. They also had quite a few other families very loyal to them.

It's like there was a few thousand Tyrell forces and the gates were all left open for the Lannisters to waltz in through and there after not a single Tyrell soldier or ally existed, never heard from again. And yet you don't have a problem with that.

It went the way it did to progress the story.

You're literally speaking now from the point of view I've been doing so in all our exchanges.
I do question the stupidity of having a vastly outnumbered Tyrell army (i.e. the Highgarden garrison) fight the Lannister army on the plain in front of Highgarden - but that's just standard D&D tactical stupidity, which we've seen over and over again. There's a reason why people built castles with thick/high walls, it's to keep the enemies on the outside. This is a fundamental element of medieval warfare, which D&D have completely failed to grasp - or have willingly chosen to ignore in the name of "theatre" (my money is on the former).

I don't question the small size of the Tyrell army defending Highgarden against the Lannister attack. It was a surprise attack, which didn't give the Tyrells time to gather the rest of their forces, which were seemingly scattered all over The Reach. The only troops available to Olenna were the Highgarden garrison. This was not unreasonable, given what was actually shown.

As far as we know, the Olenna was the last living Tyrell. The others were all killed when Cersei set off her wildfire bomb. The death of Olenna created a power vacuum, and we have no idea how it was likely to be filled. Cersei could have installed a puppet as Lord of Highgarden, which seems very likely given that Jamie & Tyrion promised Highgarden to Bronn (a promise which Tyrion subsequently kept).

The difference between Dorne & Highgarden, is that the Lannisters never seized and occupied Dorne. Both had their leadership wiped out, but Dorne did so in the absence of Lannister influence. The same cannot be said for Highgarden and The Reach. This is why Dorne was mentioned as being part of Dany's alliance at the Battle of Kings Landing, but Highgarden was not.

All of which begs the question - why do you spend so much time watching things that aren't shown, rather than things which are? You've really built a strange little fantasy world in your head, as a result of seeing things that never happened.

Actually there is.

What point would his character have that anyone of the others couldn't just say or do?

He was her Hand. So in order for Tyrion to have become hand he had to go.
See thats the problem with D&D. They do things so other things can happen rather than let the story take it's course naturally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back