News The Presser at Midday

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Peter Nash, Glenn Archer and Brian Walsh conducting the review ? Would have liked someone a bit more removed to be involved/ in charge
With the greatest respect to Peter Nash, if he couldn't produce minutes of the nominations committee deliberations you would have to wonder if the review will deliver any uncomfortable recommendations.

A golden opportunity to throw open the curtains and get some outside perspective has been missed IMO.

With the greatest respect to Peter Nash, if he couldn't produce minutes of the nominations committee deliberations you would have to wonder if the review will deliver any uncomfortable recommendations.

A golden opportunity to throw open the curtains and get some outside perspective has been missed IMO.

Time will tell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only problem I have is that he narrative from both seems to suggest a root and branch rebuild. IMO that's not what we need. We have the talent on the list now to play finals next year under the right coach.

I fundamentally disagree with this opinion. The opinion I have, which is shared by the majority of AFL viewers is that we do NOT have the talent to push for a flag.

Could we get a couple bandaid players, a good fixture and scrape into finals next year? Possibly, but if we wanted to do this we should have just kept Brad.

We NEED access to the best young talent available to build a premiership side. The only way we are going to do this, is with a root and branch rebuild. Now before anyone jumps down my throat, this doesn’t mean tanking for draft picks. It might mean we are a bottom 4 side for a few years, ofcoarse, but it doesn’t mean that we are playing to lose.

With the quality of sides running around in the league currently - North will not win a flag without 3-4 A graders. I can put my house on that.

King wanted Scotts the player to be Scotts the Coach
King is a failed assistant coach with basic analytical skills so with all due respect to him i wouldn't be listening to much he has to say about what coaches players need.

Farewell Brad, good luck Rhyce.

North board, you have the biggest decision in front of you that you are ever likely to make.
Like kingy just said, I think Shaw will bring a lot out of the playing group in the next 3 months.
This has just turned a meh season into an exciting one.
Round 1 all over again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well we really don’t know do we?

Wats a full season of EVW going to look like? Xerri? LDU? Ahern?

What’s the projectory of Simpkin, Jed?

Others who have played on and off the past 2 years?

We haven’t given them a good consistent run because we have stuck/ topped with older blokes and other drifters.

Yes you're correct, I just know we had players on the field yesterday that shouldn't be playing because they're not good enough. We also have a few too similar types.

We also shouldn't have 33 year olds running around. Our VFL side isn't filled with likely types beyond Garner, Ahern & Scott. Our list isn't that good, s**t compare it to the quality of those mighty 90's sides.

How many would get a game with them?

There will be some tough games to watch between now and the end of the season, but we need to go down this path.

Being competitive at the detriment to development gets you what we have had for the last 10 years, good but not good enough.

I think Friday could be a tough game. The players will most likely be very flat after a long week.

Brad did the job he was brought in to do admirably ( getting the club on a stable footing financially and from a media point of view and being competitive). Let's hope our next coach is able to perform half as well to the present focus (winning premierships).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back