Autopsy Round 10 vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday May 25th @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

And he is now getting the best key defender which needs him to step up and overcome. Not quite ready to do that yet.

I really wish we would try playing Day & Wright as our key forwards and let Corbett roam as our 3rd marking option. And let Day pinch hit in the ruck instead of 2MP.

King not ready. Lukosius really not ready either for the output we need from his role. Seems like we are playing these guys too often, too early... keeping them happy maybe? I dunno, I guess it is fast-tracking them but it doesn’t help our immediate team structure or results.
I just don't see the point of drafting KPP ( lukosius /Ben King and develop them in Neafl, especially GCS neafl midfield and Half back also pretty ordinary. I still think Sam day is asking a bit more to stay as this is his last chance to get decent pay

Sam day is No 2 ND pick. Burgess is a free pick. Anything free is not value.

Gee Martin is frustrating to watch. Clearly very skilled and versatile player - but I lost count of how many times he fumbled, overran the ball or went to ground in a contest this weekend. Poor disposal and dropped marks seem to hurt the most when they are coming from a bloke who you know is capable of so much more.

It seems like every week this year he has come just short of having the sort of impact I believe he is capable of, and while it is far from the biggest problem with our list, in the coming years could potentially be the most expensive.

Am I the only one not so certain about Martin?

Gee Martin is frustrating to watch. Clearly very skilled and versatile player - but I lost count of how many times he fumbled, overran the ball or went to ground in a contest this weekend. Poor disposal and dropped marks seem to hurt the most when they are coming from a bloke who you know is capable of so much more.

It seems like every week this year he has come just short of having the sort of impact I believe he is capable of, and while it is far from the biggest problem with our list, in the coming years could potentially be the most expensive.

No you are not l feel exactly the same.
You just missed missing basic crucial set shots for goal constantly also.

There’s an avalanche. I wrote something earlier today.

Martin one of the best get and gather off the ground players I’ve seen would love to see Him attack the ball like Charlie Cameron both similar players but one works a lot harder..

We need Weller through the middle. He is quick, good runner both ways and use the ball very well.

I like the thought, but I disagree at present time.

Especially without Harbrow and Hanley in the team.
You need two of those good ball users in the back line or you just turn it over in transition and then you lose the game against a quality side that can take advantage of that.

At the moment Weller is the only guy in the back 6 with reliably clean disposal by foot.
I feel like Ballard could be this player, but he's not yet (one of the more exciting prospects on the list, in my opinion).
Murdoch is filling the role at the moment, but he turns if over a little too much for my liking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hombsch/King defence
Wright/Corbett Attack
Witts Ruck
Day swingman and chop out ruck

Sorry Burgess
Boddsy, I think King will be too easy to knock off the ball in one on ones and ground ball contests, he is still bit like a baby giraffe and figuring out the read and the pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back