Oppo Camp General AFL Discussion - Opposition posters welcome

Probably already discussed but it was reported that Norf is chasing Blair Hartley now...

Really hope he knocks it back and stays.

He has been huge for us!

the only thing that will save him is the force. i don't think the mrp take into account priors. if they did he'd get a couple.

Force should be irrelevant, it was a clean punch to the face that hit him flush.

As a code we cant be saying that's ok yo do.

The league said all pre season they had to stamp out jumper punches and would come down hard on it.

This is a proper punch after 2 other attempts to try and hit him too.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Force should be irrelevant, it was a clean punch to the face that hit him flush.

The league said all pre season they had to stamp out jumper punches and would come down hard on it.

Agreed, the Haymaker slap he threw first is worthy of 3 weeks alone 'for the look of it'.

Jack Riewoldt said earlier in the fox coverage of dees vs gws that they have about 30 - 40 shots at goal a week!

A week!!

I hope he was taking the piss..

Forwards should be doing 40-50 each session IMO.

Sports science doesnt allow it though!

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

the reality is force is factored in. that's why they get opposition medical reports.

diverging a little, it's time umpires stopped the niggles that lead to these type of reactions. happens to dusty all the time.

Saw the footage of Hardwick going off at Stack. That is the Damian Hardwick I worshipped at Essendon. Uncompromising.

As much as Stack is allowed to express himself etc, i reckon we still have to manage him pretty tightly off the field. It was good to see that Dimma treats everyone the same and doesn’t compromise.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Saw the footage of Hardwick going off at Stack. That is the Damian Hardwick I worshipped at Essendon. Uncompromising.
As much as Stack is allowed to express himself etc, i reckon we still have to manage him pretty tightly off the field. It was good to see that Dimma treats everyone the same and doesn’t compromise.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Yeah I liked it.

Everyone has to be kept accountable at a footy club.

I think most senior coaches would have done the same thing, maybe behind closed doors though.

but it is what it is, Dimma demands certain things from all players and pulled him in line accordingly.

he responded well with a solid Dreamtime game.

There has always been a bit of a stigma that Dimma is seen to be more of a 'mate' instead of a coach to the players, so it was refreshing to see this footage in some ways.

So now the muppets at AFL House have decided to spend SIX FIGURES changing the logo. They’ve completely lost the plot.

“We don’t have the money to upgrade score review technology, save grass roots footy, make umpires full time or create a Tasmanian team.”

Yet they’re happy to throw thousands away on exhibition games in China, teams in the Gold Coast and GWS, AFL Edge (how many times has that been used?), some screens that you can’t even see in the sunlight and a logo redesign.

And you just know that whatever they come up with will be so out of touch. The current logo is fine.

Here’s an idea. Run a competition. Best design wins two tickets to the grand final. It was good enough for the New Zealand national flag.

It’s an absolute farce at this point!

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
So now the muppets at AFL House have decided to spend SIX FIGURES changing the logo. They’ve completely lost the plot.

“We don’t have the money to upgrade score review technology, save grass roots footy, make umpires full time or create a Tasmanian team.”

Yet they’re happy to throw thousands away on exhibition games in China, teams in the Gold Coast and GWS, AFL Edge (how many times has that been used?), some screens that you can’t even see in the sunlight and a logo redesign.

And you just know that whatever they come up with will be so out of touch. The current logo is fine.

Here’s an idea. Run a competition. Best design wins two tickets to the grand final. It was good enough for the New Zealand national flag.

It’s an absolute farce at this point!
Oh no let's never ask the people who support the game what they all would like to see happen at the grass roots level and/or feed back...feck no!
Let's just spend their hard earned on trinkets for ourselves (AFL)...so out of touch!
I reckon triple chins with all his wobbles biasness would be closer to footy supporters sentiment than this current arrogant close minded bunch posing as the AFL...sheer corporate bloody mindedness of we at the top always knows whats best!
Reminds me of the last company i worked for that merged the largest two paper suppliers in Vic...paid thousand$ upon thousand$ to some Sydney design team to come up with the ugliest black dog's breakfast mess as a logo! Oh no let's not have an in-house comp with a prize for the people that keep the company functioning as to their ideas of a company logo to start things off...nahhh what the feck would they know!

Last edited:

Black Child

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
The latest meeting between Gill and the coaches about runners was an absolute farce. Out of all the issues there are to discuss they pick this.
I miss Demetriou, sure he was a rude, arrogant and unlikeable prick, but he knew how to run the biggest sporting league in Australia.
Gill is nothing more than a circus clown wearing a suit.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm a bit late, but I didn't know there was footage of this. Any idea where I can find it? My search just then yielded nought.

Back