News The Presser at Midday

I think most of us can agree that this outcome looks like it’s a win, win, win, win +

W1. Big Footy can relax a little
W2. Brad leaves in relatively good shape.
W3. Kane Cornes is seriously frustrated.
W4. New start for the club.
W5. Shaw gets a good crack at it.
W6. Pressure is on other clubs like Carlton & St Kida

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I think most of us can agree that this outcome looks like it’s a win, win, win, win +

W1. Big Footy can relax a little
W2. Brad leaves in relatively good shape.
W3. Kane Cornes is seriously frustrated.
W4. New start for the club.
W5. Shaw gets a good crack at it.
W6. Pressure is on other clubs like Carlton & St Kida

WTF has Kane got against us - he is an obsessive flog whose meaningless opinions add nothing - I can see a career as a right wing shock jock

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So far, so good.

We'll see if Brads encourages his former players to accept what has happened and move on like professionals.

If so, then this will be a classic 'win win win'.

If not, the worst is yet to come.

I'm praying Brads gets another coaching gig because if he goes into the media, whoever winds up as North coach might be fighting an up-hill battle.

Sorry Brendon and Alan, you both seem like nice guys, but we've got a ticking time bomb to unload somewhere.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad went to the Board on the back of a disastrous start to the season - way below expectations and offered to resign. Forget strategic plans, he was trying to force the Board's hand to remove the uncertainty around his future.

Buckley and the Board thought about it having already sounded a public warning after the Essendon game. Eventually they thought yep, we've seen enough, we're calling your bluff and you're on your way.

Angry and shocked at the Board's decision, Scott delivers a number of thinly veiled attacks on the Board at the match day presser and demonstrates his anger with the King incident. All of that not the behaviour of a coach who really was accepting that he needed to go.

He then continually talks about how hard it was at the club in the early days and how the next coach and the current Board have blue sky ahead. He's saying I had it real tough and allowances should be made when judging my record. But the next coach and the current Board don't have any excuses and you the media - make sure you judge them on that.

They're not the statements of someone putting the club first, they're statements laced with bitterness and a feeling of injustice. "I was part of the team that pulled this club back from oblivion and now this new chairman has sacked me - wtf."

Next he heavily praised all the assistants and development coaches and talked about them and the club as though he was now the Director of Football and still had a big say in the future. In denial, talking away with Buckley sitting next to him thinking this guy doesn't get it yet.

He thanks O'Loughlin and in particular the media - really? Brad saying I want you all to be sympathetic to my narrative. It was a tough ride for me and I want you to put the heat on the Board and future coaches in their blue sky era.

Buckley has handled this very well - called his bluff and used his false altruism - club is bigger than the individual garbage to sell the change to the media. In actual fact Buckley had to sack a coach who had developed a very strong power base which included previous board members, previous players, existing players, coaches and staff. A very unpopular decision amongst those groups undoubtedly but a necessary and strong one as a prelude to the football review and the breaking down of the underperforming football ops group.

Scott took a punt in daring Buckley to sack him and lost.
So you were in the room were you?

Because if you were in the room, and what you say is 100% correct, then the club has just come out and 100% lied to the media, members and supporters.

But if you weren’t in the room, and I feel 100% certain that you weren’t; then I call your bluff and say you are 100% full of s.h.i.t.

You are the typical internet troll who concocts their version of events, gleaned from their desires and little else.

******* conspiracy theorists are a waste of oxygen.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
So far, so good.

We'll see if Brads encourages his former players to accept what has happened and move on like professionals.

If so, then this will be a classic 'win win win'.

If not, the worst is yet to come.

I'm praying Brads gets another coaching gig because if he goes into the media, whoever winds up as North coach might be fighting an up-hill battle.

Sorry Brendon and Alan, you both seem like nice guys, but we've got a ticking time bomb to unload somewhere.
Nobody cares about north.

We only get attention when we win.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad went to the Board on the back of a disastrous start to the season - way below expectations and offered to resign. Forget strategic plans, he was trying to force the Board's hand to remove the uncertainty around his future.

Buckley and the Board thought about it having already sounded a public warning after the Essendon game. Eventually they thought yep, we've seen enough, we're calling your bluff and you're on your way.

Angry and shocked at the Board's decision, Scott delivers a number of thinly veiled attacks on the Board at the match day presser and demonstrates his anger with the King incident. All of that not the behaviour of a coach who really was accepting that he needed to go.

He then continually talks about how hard it was at the club in the early days and how the next coach and the current Board have blue sky ahead. He's saying I had it real tough and allowances should be made when judging my record. But the next coach and the current Board don't have any excuses and you the media - make sure you judge them on that.

They're not the statements of someone putting the club first, they're statements laced with bitterness and a feeling of injustice. "I was part of the team that pulled this club back from oblivion and now this new chairman has sacked me - wtf."

Next he heavily praised all the assistants and development coaches and talked about them and the club as though he was now the Director of Football and still had a big say in the future. In denial, talking away with Buckley sitting next to him thinking this guy doesn't get it yet.

He thanks O'Loughlin and in particular the media - really? Brad saying I want you all to be sympathetic to my narrative. It was a tough ride for me and I want you to put the heat on the Board and future coaches in their blue sky era.

Buckley has handled this very well - called his bluff and used his false altruism - club is bigger than the individual garbage to sell the change to the media. In actual fact Buckley had to sack a coach who had developed a very strong power base which included previous board members, previous players, existing players, coaches and staff. A very unpopular decision amongst those groups undoubtedly but a necessary and strong one as a prelude to the football review and the breaking down of the underperforming football ops group.

Scott took a punt in daring Buckley to sack him and lost.

Brilliant, just ******* brilliant! This probably should be moved into the sack Scotts thread as his coaching eulogy. As I stated earlier Scott has threatened to resign when questioned previously.

He isn't the Saint many seem to be making him out to be.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Add to that you don't try to "clip" media personnel with your elbow or shoulder if you aren't pissed that they highlighted your inadequacy.
I have never seen anyone do that in the AFL before...
Then to try and put the boots in about a no show for a presentation for good measure.
This bloke is an impetuous manchild.
Well said. Anyone have Kingy's rebuttal to the whole thing?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
* me dead, is their anywhere you people DON'T piss and moan about your supercoach crap?

How the * does "The Presser at Midday" translate to "my coffee table level expertise on list management"?

They also finished 13th in 2016 with a % of 79 and were belted by over 100 pts in round 23 by Sydney.

A lot of people didn't rate their list then either.

Also not to forget that we smashed them by 70 points. They looked like a basket case but nek
year...

KingKongBundy

Debutant
Apr 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jeez Brad sure sent snake oil futures soaring with his rhetoric there. Amazing duplicity saying it’s all about the club while conducting a dress rehearsal for his next gig. Chortling at the fact that Carlton appears ready to buy it. Stand by for another lost decade Blues fans. Anyhoo... I am still euphoric that this has actually happened. I really doubted that Buckley and the board had the stones for this. Glad to have been proven wrong.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I asked you a simple question.

You've said that the current North list has no hope of winning a flag, 'not enough A graders' etc, and you might be right.

But what was your opinion on the Richmond list at the end of 2016?

See previous response - to compare Higgins, Brown, Cunnington & Tarrant to Cotchin, Riewoldt, Martin & Rance is kinda ridiculous ...

Reasonable comparison?

Two brownlow medalists (Cotchin & Martin), a multiple Coleman medalist (Riewoldt) and the greatest fullback of the modern era (Rance)...

That's 4. Same number as you listed for North.

Also the same 4 who had played together when they finished 13th in 2016 and lost an elimination final (to North) the year before.

So yeah, you forgot they finished 13th and therefore they were no better placed then than we are now.

Back