Ablett this time a punch gotta get a suspension for that

Remove this Banner Ad

Both players were going for the ball, Shiel with both hands and got there first. Cotchin tucked one arm in and got him in the head. AFL **** themselves, no way they were going to do anything to upset the dream.

Remind me who is obsessed about who again....

He did kind of go to ground though.

Not enough force is his only chance but they need to send Ablett a message and lean towards a week he's clearly not getting the message to stop it. His frustration when things aren't going his way is ugly to see for a great of the game. They know to niggle him though.

There's actually three movements by Miles. His head turning from the impact by Ablett. Miles throwing himself back to exaggerate the impact. Parsons pushing Miles to the ground. The incident should just be assessed on the first one ie a closed fist to the chin with low or minimal force.

Stupidity at its finest but minimal impact (if any). Should get off. Lucky he didn’t make decent connection or he’d be having a lengthy spell.

Stupidity at its finest but minimal impact (if any). Should get off. Lucky he didn’t make decent connection or he’d be having a lengthy spell.
Why should he get off? 2 swings with a fist at a blokes face, 1 connected. Sure, miles wasn't concussed but who cares. Another player or a slightly different impact zone and a jaw could have been broken. Punching is nothing to do with footy and anyone who thinks this should be acceptable in any form regardless of force is a dropkick who should go watch mma.

If he gets off again, which lets be honest he will, we're a step closer to a Gaff like incident from him, if they'd just given him a week the first or second time he'd know what the line is. We can't have him throwing punches and forearms into blokes heads every week, the probability of him misjudging is getting higher each time.

There's actually three movements by Miles. His head turning from the impact by Ablett. Miles throwing himself back to exaggerate the impact. Parsons pushing Miles to the ground. The incident should just be assessed on the first one ie a closed fist to the chin with low or minimal force.

Mine was a tongue in cheek response to a guy that said Miles didn't go to ground. I was well aware the push is what sent him down. Don't think his ability to take a punch should give Ablett any relief though. It isn't the end of the world a silly reaction but deserves a week if he gets off I won't care I like Ablett but it's a hot topic so a bit of entertainment on how it pans out.

If he gets off again, which lets be honest he will, we're a step closer to a Gaff like incident from him, if they'd just given him a week the first or second time he'd know what the line is. We can't have him throwing punches and forearms into blokes heads every week, the probability of him misjudging is getting higher each time.

They DID give him a week 1st time, but the AFL got him off. The second time it was a case of "well, if the first one wasn't worth a week, then I won't give this one a week either". It's allowed Ablett to feel he can pretty much do as he pleases, but this time it's a punch, and there's no way the AFL can justify not suspending this one. They'll give Ablett 1 week, but I can think of a number of players who would be given at least 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone, gone, gone, GONE.

Michael Christian likely going through the rule book religiously to find an out-clause for Ablett on Gil's orders.....

But not this time.....

BillySaysOut.jpg

He was one of my favourite players. His screwing around of gc put me a bit off but his gay hating, sniping and unfairly lenient treatment by the afl and subsequent whining that he is somehow getting a raw deal has put me right off.

Easy now to see why Gold Coast turned into such a basket case. Highest paid player in the league and the mental capacity of a 10 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back