Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are missing Dom Tyson.

Cunnington about to turn 28 and the clear standout. BBB also a very, very good player. Some of the rest of them are okay but not one of them is an A grader or elite. We only have one player on our list who is 22 this year and 6 on the list have been bought in from other clubs. That represents a very poor return over a period of five drafts. Our group would be well behind pretty much every other club in that demographic.
Yeah, I meant to add Tyson in there. I take your other point. However, the general narrative is that we have no A-Graders, full stop. Based on that presumption, having Cunnington, BBB in the mid-age group means it measures up well enough with our older group. Jacobs would be in there too, if not for his bizarre ailment. And as for Garner... Either way, we are what we are, I suppose. Onward and upward.

Check out the rats cultivating and fishing for dissent
Nathan Brown was OK, though. They rest were just weasels. I reckon they really feel like they've been robbed of the opportunity of really piling into the club a little later in the season - if we'd lost a few more games, as expected.

Nathan Brown was OK, though. They rest were just weasels. I reckon they really feel like they've been robbed of the opportunity of really piling into the club a little later in the season - if we'd lost a few more games, as expected.

They are attempting to cultivate and/or magnify player dissent.

They are attempting to cultivate and/or magnify player dissent.
Shaw has a major role to play now. It really could be the making of him. It's a great opportunity for him, in reality. Regardless of what happens, he'll be cut a fair degree of slack.

Todays just been a complete expose from not only bitter fans but the media as a whole looking to talk about a story comprised of nothing but negatives and narrative spinning to find a 'deeper' story within that can last for months that they can make money off of.

What's wrong with taking what was said today at face value? Nothing because they're facts. We are more stable then ever as a club, and this entire exit has been anything but 'tumultuous' as some were willing it to be.

I'd rather never hear of the David King part any further either, and if Kingy continues to self insert himself into this bees dick of a story than he's only looking to make things about him and not having the clubs best interest at heart.

This should've been a celebration for how far North has come in 10 years, instead the ire turns to questions of moving to Tassie, David Kings bullshit, players being angry, general club mismanagement and disseminating a lack of trust.

The media disappoints me consistently but I expect it. When the same commentary comes from fans its even worse. I'll be noting names down for whoever puts the boots into Rhyce Shaw's credibility as a coach during these times as what happens from here on out is about the club and its own actions, not any one individual.

Kingys comments about Shaw and our list was simply a big F you to Scott....
Agree.
Did Scott give up a couple of hundred Grand just to have the chairman call him a shinboner in front of the media?

Shaw has a major role to play now. It really could be the making of him. It's a great opportunity for him, in reality. Regardless of what happens, he'll be cut a fair degree of slack.
Will be interesting what changes there are

https://twitter.com/thelistmanager

Having experienced the same from leaks. It’s disappointing that the North info got leaked before the players knew. How did at least one player or players from opposing clubs plus media know before the Roos team. They have every right to ask questions .

·
1h

I first heard a strong whisper Thursday which included the interim coach. Heath Shaw acknowledged today that he knew before the Roos players . That’s not right.

Chairman Ben tells balloon head to put a sock in it!

North Melbourne chairman urges Eddie to mind his own business

By Daniel Cherny
May 26, 2019 — 8.02pm

North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley has encouraged Collingwood president Eddie McGuire to mind his own business after McGuire questioned whether the Kangaroos should become “the Tasmanian team."

North have played games in Hobart since 2012, and announced last year that they would play four home games at Bellerive Oval every year until the end of 2021.

“Do they become the Tasmanian team? They’ve had a couple of goes at it, they went to Sydney, they went to Canberra, they nearly went to the Gold Coast, they’ve been in Tasmania for a fair while,” McGuire said as part of Fox Footy’s coverage of the North-Western Bulldogs game on Saturday.
“What is the stamp they have to put on the competition, so they have a brand people can associate with, other than the Shinboners and the battlers?”

Responding on Sunday, Buckley stressed North wouldn’t be leaving their Melbourne base.

“I think Eddie, with due respect to him, should focus on what the Collingwood Football Club is doing, and not worry about what the North Melbourne Football Club is doing,” Buckley said.

“I’ve been very categorical about saying that we’ve got a fantastic relationship with Tasmania, and this year we’re playing four games [there] for the first time but under my leadership we’ll play no more than four games.”

It follows controversial comments made by McGuire recently surrounding the coaching future of Brendon Bolton at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s Tony Jones misreading the vibe from Higgins re being angry and that he was holding back.
It seems more like uncertainty and sadness that we were 2-7 and that the year was gone.
A terrible interview and Tony Jones is a cretin

Chairman Ben tells balloon head to put a sock in it!

North Melbourne chairman urges Eddie to mind his own business

By Daniel Cherny
May 26, 2019 — 8.02pm

North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley has encouraged Collingwood president Eddie McGuire to mind his own business after McGuire questioned whether the Kangaroos should become “the Tasmanian team."

North have played games in Hobart since 2012, and announced last year that they would play four home games at Bellerive Oval every year until the end of 2021.

“Do they become the Tasmanian team? They’ve had a couple of goes at it, they went to Sydney, they went to Canberra, they nearly went to the Gold Coast, they’ve been in Tasmania for a fair while,” McGuire said as part of Fox Footy’s coverage of the North-Western Bulldogs game on Saturday.
“What is the stamp they have to put on the competition, so they have a brand people can associate with, other than the Shinboners and the battlers?”

Responding on Sunday, Buckley stressed North wouldn’t be leaving their Melbourne base.

“I think Eddie, with due respect to him, should focus on what the Collingwood Football Club is doing, and not worry about what the North Melbourne Football Club is doing,” Buckley said.

“I’ve been very categorical about saying that we’ve got a fantastic relationship with Tasmania, and this year we’re playing four games [there] for the first time but under my leadership we’ll play no more than four games.”

It follows controversial comments made by McGuire recently surrounding the coaching future of Brendon Bolton at Carlton.
Good on DC for getting that together.
And Ben Buckley in the past four days has grown tenfold in his standing within the member base. Tenfold. That’s leadership.
You keep doing you boss. And * Eddie

Ben Cunnington? Ben Brown? Robbie Tarrant?

Tarrant was drafted pre- Scott, Cunnington the year Scott joined and BBB in 2013. I love all three of those guys and they are definitely the stand-outs of the home-grown talent in the Scott era. Are they truly elite A-graders? Not that it is the be all and end all but I don't believe any of them have made the All Australian team. Maybe they were hard done by and if Cunners doesn't make it this year the selection is either stupid or corrupt, but that means there has not been a single player drafted and developed in the Scott era that made AA.

How’s Tony Jones misreading the vibe from Higgins re being angry and that he was holding back.
It seems more like uncertainty and sadness that we were 2-7 and that the year was gone.
A terrible interview and Tony Jones is a cretin
Id call it intentionally trying to create a story out of nothing because he's a useless hack who should stick to grade 5 english comprehension newsreading rather than misreading.

Tarrant was drafted pre- Scott, Cunnington the year Scott joined and BBB in 2013. I love all three of those guys and they are definitely the stand-outs of the home-grown talent in the Scott era. Are they truly elite A-graders? Not that it is the be all and end all but I don't believe any of them have made the All Australian team. Maybe they were hard done by and if Cunners doesn't make it this year the selection is either stupid or corrupt, but that means there has not been a single player drafted and developed in the Scott era that made AA.
Brown could kick 150 goals and they'd find a way to not pick him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cunnington and Tarrant are 100% A graders

On Pixel using BigFooty.com mobile app

https://twitter.com/thelistmanager

Having experienced the same from leaks. It’s disappointing that the North info got leaked before the players knew. How did at least one player or players from opposing clubs plus media know before the Roos team. They have every right to ask questions .

·
1h

I first heard a strong whisper Thursday which included the interim coach. Heath Shaw acknowledged today that he knew before the Roos players . That’s not right.

Yep I am with you on this aspect from Friday. You expect confidentiality in an any organisation and it’s disappointing that this aspect wasn’t explored further

It seems we are heading into a major list overhaul the next 6 months

I would be thinking that for that to be purposeful and successful we aren’t having speculative leaks that are close to fact.

This is driving me crazy. Wheatley is the worst culprit. On Crunch time he was trying desperately to blame North for Brad Scott not being able to achieve. Luckily Kingy was on to balance it out.
Wheatley is a dweeb who's opinion is based around who he sees is important as keeping onside personally.
He will only ever throw players/AFL staff under the bus that he deems as being unpopular.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back