Review Walters gets a point to beat Brisbane, we all collectively get wood - Rd 10, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So positives all around then? :p
Positives
- BHill was awesome today, love when he delivers bullets into the forward line.
- Bewley was solid in his first game, definitley a footballer. Made some errors but lots to work with. That kick he drilled in the last quarter was delicious.
- Midfield was fairly good when we aren't roosting the ball inside 50.
- Backline adapted well after a below average first quarter. Cameron was held well. Not sure on the hate for Duman, I thought he was solid (But i prefer Nyhuis).
- Lobb doing well, anyone who wants to lynch him for that backline kick has obviously never made a mistake in their workplace.
- Cerra and Brayshaw continuing to purr along. Good to see them being confident.
- SWITKOWSKI. Some bloody awesome pressure acts / smothers / tackles. Loved his game.
- Beating Brisbane, the AFL medias love child and making up for the **** show that was last year.

Positives
- I50 efficiency. Just gross.
- Nathan Wilson seems off. Did some good things but nearly cost us the game as well. Confusing me.
- I don't feel we are getting enough out of Conca / Tucker / Hughes. Not everyone can have 20+ but when they get the chance to impact they don't seem to grab their opportunities.
- Hogan was horrible.
- Cox / Lobb / Wilson all made some glaring errors. Everyone needs to be smarter.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trying to go too fast gave Brisbane about 30 points
True but there is a flipside with the extra points it got us too - seems to me like more goals get scored these days from juuuuust managing to get through the zone with handballs and if you can string together 4-5 50/50 handballs going forward then you're out.

Think we miss out on a couple of cheap goals every game by not having a forward with serious serious pace (e.g. cameron, rozee, petrucelle, stephenson) playing out the back

Last edited:
Great game to be at that's for sure. Kinda dampened by the amount of booing Neale received, that was ******* disgusting. You don't boo a club champion like that. Lobb is ******* immense, Wilson was good but made some errors, same with Hill. Hogan was useless, send him back to Peel and maybe he can learn a lesson. Bring in Jones and send Lobb forward next week.

i honestly still cant get over that kick from Bewley 1:25 on the clock up the corridor to a 3 on 1. CENTIMETRE PERFECT

if he missed that it was game over

He had a similar kick earlier in the game to move it into the forward 50. Kept it low and just got over the Brisbane player by cms to hit the Freo player on the chest. Certainly hope he keeps his spot and see if he can get a bit more of the ball with a few games experience.

Congratulations on the win. If Hill doesn’t get the three Brownlow votes there is something wrong. He was the biggest difference today.

Sone good talent shaping up for you guys. All the best for the rest of the season.

Congratulations on the win. If Hill doesn’t get the three Brownlow votes there is something wrong. He was the biggest difference today.

Sone good talent shaping up for you guys. All the best for the rest of the season.
Good on you. Gee some of your tall players are terrific. Hipwood looking massively over-rated for now though. How do you think he is travelling?

My favourite part was when Fyfe threw Lachie to one side like a rag doll, marked and goaled. Hehehe
Loved that! But also loved him getting caught HTB in their 50, then bumping our guy (can’t remember who) late, and giving away a downfield free. Oops - poor discipline Mr Neale.

Also - still think he looks weird in a Brisbane jumper. 👎🏼

Anyone know how many metres gained by him?

Loved that! But also loved him getting caught HTB in their 50, then bumping our guy (can’t remember who) late, and giving away a downfield free. Oops - poor discipline Mr Neale.

Also - still think he looks weird in a Brisbane jumper. 👎🏼

Anyone know how many metres gained by him?
67m

Bewley had 188m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell Ross puts Walters in the midfield is beyond me. His best footy has always come from being a forward and that showed today when he was in the forward line he was a much better player. Throw Blakely or Conca in the guts with Fyfe and Mundy and actually let Walters play his position.

Why the hell Ross puts Walters in the midfield is beyond me. His best footy has always come from being a forward and that showed today when he was in the forward line he was a much better player. Throw Blakely or Conca in the guts with Fyfe and Mundy and actually let Walters play his position.
We've been rotating heavily through the middle in the fourth this year.

Ah that’s why he killed us with his super damaging disposals and why many on here used to say he gets a lot of it but doesn’t do much with it.

188m isn’t huge, but some of what he did with it was sublime.
His starting position at the stoppages was as disinterested in an opponent as can be for some of them, but that's ok if you get it and your team is on top. Fyfe isn't much different in that regard.

Probably because we are paper thin through the middle.

If you add S.Hill to the team then Walters plays significantly less time in the middle. We just don't have the depth there or quality there and some players like Blakeley, Brayshaw, Cerra aren't quite fit enough yet for longer stints.

67m, compared to Fyfe 398, Walters 545, Hill 757, Wilson 758, Zorko 586 and Rich 514.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
In all fairness, the way Brisbane set up, they know Neale’s winning the first ball inside. They set up around him, spread out and he looks for the runner going past. It’s smart really. We don’t do enough of that. Trusting Fyfe to go in and dish it out to Hill, or Mundy etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back