Changes vs Crows - Salem, Hibberd, Hannan(!) In for C.Wagner (omit), Petty (inj), Lockhart (inj)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: T.Smith, Spargo

In: Preuss, Salem

Lucky: O.McDonald (reluctantly kept in for the match-ups), Garlett

Sounds like Weid was good at Casey but would like to see it more than once. Hannan probably needs another week for match fitness. SOS Steven May?

Out: Garlett, Lockhart, C Wagner, Stretch, Spargo, Petty

In: Salem, Neal-Bullen, Hibberd, Weideman, JKH, Hannan

Lucky: Fritsch (think he'll be much better when used in midfield or forward instead of defence), Omac (either him or petty, would rather omac dropped but knowing goody doubt it will happen)

We could see a ton of changes this week with what seems like a quarter of our list coming back from injury

B: J Wagner, Omac, Hore,
HB: Hibberd, Frost, Salem
C: Jones, Oliver, Brayshaw
HF: Petracca, Weid, Fritsch
F: T Smith, Tmac, Hunt
R: Gawn, Viney, Harmes
I: Hannan, JKH, Baker, Neal-Bullen

I think that team looks a lot better than what we dished out today with May, Lever, Jetta, Melksham, Vanders, and J Smith due to be back soon

Out: Garlett, Lockhart, C Wagner, Stretch, Spargo, Petty

In: Salem, Neal-Bullen, Hibberd, Weideman, JKH, Hannan

Lucky: Fritsch (think he'll be much better when used in midfield or forward instead of defence), Omac (either him or petty, would rather omac dropped but knowing goody doubt it will happen)

We could see a ton of changes this week with what seems like a quarter of our list coming back from injury

B: J Wagner, Omac, Hore,
HB: Hibberd, Frost, Salem
C: Jones, Oliver, Brayshaw
HF: Petracca, Weid, Fritsch
F: T Smith, Tmac, Hunt
R: Gawn, Viney, Harmes
I: Hannan, JKH, Baker, Neal-Bullen

I think that team looks a lot better than what we dished out today with May, Lever, Jetta, Melksham, Vanders, and J Smith due to be back soon

Except bringing in 2 blokes from half season injuries off one game is the same mistake we made in round 1

Lever May Hore
Salem Frost Fritsch
Brayshaw Viney Lockhart
Jones Weidemen Petracca
OMac McDonald Garlett
Gawn Harmes Oliver
Spargo Stretch Kennedy-Harris Baker

Season over, time to just wheel out the Preuss at FF for the rest of the year
This sounds silly by me, but if it's season over time i'd like to see Preuss play more ruck time and wheel out Gawn at full forward to develop both there games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sounds silly by me, but if it's season over time i'd like to see Preuss play more ruck time and wheel out Gawn at full forward to develop both there games
Gawn is a shoe in for the AA team (bench if not first ruck), there’s no way they’re changing his role too much.

Gawn is a shoe in for the AA team (bench if not first ruck), there’s no way they’re changing his role too much.
Had a slow start to the year imo for AA, can still sneak in for bench but Grundy is the best this year.

Season is over anyway, i'd rather preuss learn how to ruck against AFL opposition and Gawn develop some forward skills. We'd be better for it, seeing how we have nothing to play for

Won't make finals now so who we bring in and out doesn't really matter.

I think we should rest Gawn, Salem, Lever, Oliver for the rest of the year. No point risking an injury for a lost cause. Need our best players ready to reload for next year. Of course we can't do it because we would be accused of tanking, but gee wouldn't it be nice to go into next year with our best cattle fit and on the park.

Not sure what we can do about the bigger problem of coaching though...

Out: Oscar, at least 1x Wagner, Lockhart
In: Salem, ANB, Lewis

Lever, Weid, Hannan, JKH too early to consider

If Hibbo is fit, back in for Josh Wagner or Spargo

Won't make finals now so who we bring in and out doesn't really matter.

I think we should rest Gawn, Salem, Lever, Oliver for the rest of the year. No point risking an injury for a lost cause. Need our best players ready to reload for next year. Of course we can't do it because we would be accused of tanking, but gee wouldn't it be nice to go into next year with our best cattle fit and on the park.

Not sure what we can do about the bigger problem of coaching though...

At this stage of the year that is ridiculous, you can't rest players out of fear of injury. Gawn is a competitive beast no way would he be willing to sit half a year on the sidelines considering how many games he missed in his early years. Lever will benefit massively from playing the last 6-8 games for us and will springboard him into 2020.....our best back 6 hasn't played at all together this year we desperately need them to play 4-6 games together to develop some cohesion. Our club of all clubs cannot afford to have the perception of tanking, we did it 10 years ago and are arguably still paying the price for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back