Review Walters gets a point to beat Brisbane, we all collectively get wood - Rd 10, 2019

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Freo implemented the damn if you do, damned if you don’t game plan, play on at all costs.

Got caught after a mark / free kick, trying to play on quickly. They were attacking, that is what we want.
Oh but Cox winning a great mark, then played on thinking the man on the mark would just stay still. Got caught cold. That was probably embarrassing as can be. Dumb football right there.

Freo

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Somewhere between Preston Point and Bicton Baths
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Lakers
And I'll just put it on record that I'm 100% on board with the "No WA umpires at Optus" ruling if it means we see the back of Dalgleish. Not a cheerleading cheat like his mate Margetts, but he's ******* incompetent.
Agreed no WA umps would be a good move. FWIW Margetts 100% hates West Coast, know this for a fact. Not sure why he Kills us every time though.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Great game. Seesawing. Not the brightest of starts.

Absolutely filthy we have a lock down small defender, who’s fit and been playing okay, on the sidelines yet no one on Cameron in the first quarter who kicks 3.1. Honestly.

We tried all game, kept pushing forward and won our 1on1 battles. Ryan was immense, Hill was sensational. Cerra got involved early. Lots to like.

Hogan. He’s clearly underdone. He’s clearly either sore or just off by 10%. Now Tabs is out, he’s under heaps of pressure. We need Jones to come in, Lobb has to go forward. And maybe McCarthy comes in to chop out.

tek87

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great game. Seesawing. Not the brightest of starts.

Absolutely filthy we have a lock down small defender, who’s fit and been playing okay, on the sidelines yet no one on Cameron in the first quarter who kicks 3.1. Honestly.

We tried all game, kept pushing forward and won our 1on1 battles. Ryan was immense, Hill was sensational. Cerra got involved early. Lots to like.

Hogan. He’s clearly underdone. He’s clearly either sore or just off by 10%. Now Tabs is out, he’s under heaps of pressure. We need Jones to come in, Lobb has to go forward. And maybe McCarthy comes in to chop out.

are you serious? No one in the afl is going to lock down what Cameron did . His speed is super elite. even shane parker at his mighty best would be struggling. Cameron has jets and if he gets space its all over

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
are you serious? No one in the afl is going to lock down what Cameron did . His speed is super elite. even shane parker at his mighty best would be struggling. Cameron has jets and if he gets space its all over
That’s the key though. Nyhuis blocks the space and knows that if you play in front, he ll get it over the back.
But he was crumbing goals with hardly anyone around. He wasn’t respected enough today. Nyhuis did this to Betts and blanketed him. Cameron is the same.
Hamling ended up on Cameron a few times.

Scootyb

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great game to be at that's for sure. Kinda dampened by the amount of booing Neale received, that was ******* disgusting. You don't boo a club champion like that. Lobb is ******* immense, Wilson was good but made some errors, same with Hill. Hogan was useless, send him back to Peel and maybe he can learn a lesson. Bring in Jones and send Lobb forward next week.
Oh please! This is a passionate sport and the man left the club for a higher pay packet and because he thought they had more upside. If its not your cup of tea don't do it but I boo'd every one of his possessions. Some people need a much higher threshold for what is deemed 'disgusting'.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes! I f***ing hate Zorko. He's a shocking on field leader (off field too, getting caught cheating on your mrs....basically sums him up)
Does anyone else find it infuriating everytime Neale’s new mate Zorko points at the mark and demands 50metres every single freakin time he marks the pill.

I get the same fire in the belly similar to when I hear Crumpets speak or watch Smug Basil big nose on TV.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Great game to be at that's for sure. Kinda dampened by the amount of booing Neale received, that was ******* disgusting. You don't boo a club champion like that. Lobb is ******* immense, Wilson was good but made some errors, same with Hill. Hogan was useless, send him back to Peel and maybe he can learn a lesson. Bring in Jones and send Lobb forward next week.
Club champions don’t let staff from opposition clubs stay over during the season and do the dirty behind their clubs back whilst the season is still going

He’s an ex player and nothing more than a footnote for the club, never all-australian and a defensive liability

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great, great win. Really getting 2012 vibes. We aren't really clicking up forward yet but for the first time in awhile we've definitely got talent all over the field. I like us with a smaller forward line.

Really happy with Bewley's efforts as well for a debutee. Nice to see a player come in and instantly look like he's got the skills to belong at the level.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Club champions don’t let staff from opposition clubs stay over during the season and do the dirty behind their clubs back whilst the season is still going

He’s an ex player and nothing more than a footnote for the club, never all-australian and a defensive liability

Had no idea he had Brisbane staff over his house during the season. Like him alot less now!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nah. He left in a Doig Medal winning season. And says Brisbane are ahead of Freo, way before he even got to Lions. The way he went about it, was garbage tbh. He’s a great player, good bloke too. But the way he just jumped ship. Because, why? Money? We would’ve offered that. Better position? He’s already our inside mid. Notoriety? Yeah sure Brisbane don’t care about AFL, but WA don’t care about Freo players other then Fyfe. The public love Nicnat here. So unless he wanted to leave Nat’s big shadow, then guess what? Nat made him like a little kid with that shove and goal.
All the best to Neale. Nothing against him.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Does anyone else find it infuriating everytime Neale’s new mate Zorko points at the mark and demands 50metres every single freakin time he marks the pill.

I get the same fire in the belly similar to when I hear Crumpets speak or watch Smug Basil big nose on TV.
Zorko’s a dork. The way he goes about it. And off field too. Watch him against Gold Coast. He’s a twat.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
They showed Neales mtrs gained near start of 4th, it was -3.

Yes that was funny, but not as tragically comical as the beautiful pass by Switkowski (who was 45m firectly in front) to Langdon who was screaming for the ball, who then kicked a behind from about 40m on a far worse angle.

If Ryan played for a vic club, would be an AA lock.

Is it just his second year for us?
This is his third season for us.

In 2017 he played the second half the season, then won the best on ground in the WAFL grand final.

He'd be compared to Luke Hodge if played in Melbourne. That's why I expect them all to come for him. If I were rebuilding North he would be one of my top targets to straighten them up off half back.

Back