Brayden Ham
Michael Hurley
Patrick Ambrose
Conor McKenna
Adam Saad
Ben McNiece
Michael Hartley
Jordan Ridley

Myers and Zaharakis have both been managed once or twice. The rest have all had one sort of injury or another in the last 3 months and missed games because of it.

I don't know how that stacks up against other clubs or our own previous seasons but it seems extraordinarily.
Gown sustained a leg injury against Casey according to Saladin.

Who would know really?

Unless your trained and have access to the relevant medical information then it’s just guesswork.

I do find Crows technobabble highly irritating. Would sack on that basis. Also have some suspicions re his general competence but refer to above.

When he was still talking about altitude training in the not too distant past, I knew we had the wrong guy.

I would look at turfing the recruiting department too we don't draft enough tough footballers.
So these are players we have targeted recently

Devon Smith
Jake Stringer

Are you saying they aren’t tough?

We have Dylan Clarke who is a tough nut playing VFL, Baguley is tough but on the decline as is Matt Dea. We drafted Guelfi and Redman recently who are also tough.

This is how I see Dodoro choosing players

IMG_20190526_202959.png

You assume he knows his stuff , but if you look closely at those books back there I bet you'll see Harry Potter, the women's weekly birthday cake book, Dr Suess box set and a bunch of choose your own adventures...

Dud you think people actually got their medical stuff anywhere but Google?

AFL list is going to get injuries when they barely train every week.
Bit like all the old Australian fast bowlers continuously commenting upon modern quicks always breaking down saying they do not bowl no where near enough overs during the week to be strong enough. You are probably onto something there. The sport scientists claim to know what is going on but do they? I wonder what the practices will be in 40 years time and what they will think of how we currently train and prepare. Time will tell i suppose.

I would look at turfing the recruiting department too we don't draft enough tough footballers.
I hate these types of posts. They reek of the “footballers were more tough in my day/Heppell should cut his hair if he wants to be skipper” attitude of a bygone era.

I can’t think of a player we have recently recruited that is “soft.”

View attachment 681151

You assume he knows his stuff , but if you look closely at those books back there I bet you'll see Harry Potter, the women's weekly birthday cake book, Dr Suess box set and a bunch of choose your own adventures...

Dud you think people actually got their medical stuff anywhere but Google?
Harry Potter is awesome.

Bit like all the old Australian fast bowlers continuously commenting upon modern quicks always breaking down saying they do not bowl no where near enough overs during the week to be strong enough. You are probably onto something there. The sport scientists claim to know what is going on but do they? I wonder what the practices will be in 40 years time and what they will think of how we currently train and prepare. Time will tell i suppose.

Current medical/strength & conditioning team seem to favor recovery/rehab rather then prevention. All i know is that the VFL squad (and numerous other VFL teams) trains harder than the AFL listed guys during the week at Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current medical/strength & conditioning team seem to favor recovery/rehab rather then prevention. All i know is that the VFL squad (and numerous other VFL teams) trains harder than the AFL listed guys during the week at Essendon.

Interesting. In his first 12 months (prior to the drugs saga), Hird trained the boys really hard. The injuries started mounting and so they eased right up, and the injuries kept coming. Very hard to understand why without having first hand knowledge.

Is there anything to read into the fact that Richo has done the last couple of injury reports instead of Crow?
Lol so I went to check.. first thing I opened was the round 12 injury video. First 10 seconds of the video:

"Thanks very much for joining us on the SKINS Injury Update Richo, Crowy is obviously having a short break to deal with his newborn baby so we send our congratulations to him."

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2019-06-05/btv-skins-injury-update-rd-12

I think that's a "no"? :p

Lol so I went to check.. first thing I opened was the round 12 injury video. First 10 seconds of the video:

"Thanks very much for joining us on the SKINS Injury Update Richo, Crowy is obviously having a short break to deal with his newborn baby so we send our congratulations to him."

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2019-06-05/btv-skins-injury-update-rd-12

I think that's a "no"? :p
Short break. Probably turns into "indefinite" and the he inexplicably drops off the list.

Doubt Fantasia plays against the Hawks, even if he 'ticks enough boxes'.
Crow is in self preservation mode given how poorly he has managed the health of the list thus far.
The spotlight would be directly focused on Crow if Raz came up injured again in any of the next two games..

Last edited:
A huge clean out needed starting with Crow. This is quite frankly embarrassing to say the least.

Not only are players getting injured at an alarming rate, but their recovery is very underwhelming.

Expected return dates blown out for months, players re-injuring themselves, players being played carrying some form of injury, not identifying problematic season ending injuries soon enough etc.

It almost feels like they have no idea how to handle professional AFL players. If they don't know, then they shouldn't be handling professional AFL players.

Freo and the AFLPA meeting over the handling of player injuries. Don't think our club could afford it if scrutiny was thrown on the "high performance" department. Again. Ith not a good look.

We are soon to field our VFL team. Aside from the injured players not playing, there are clearly injured/non fit players playing. All to potentially play in 1 final.

I've conducted an in depth review and conclude we need to a) turf the recruiting department and b) recruit a turf department.
POTY contender right here hahahah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back