Strategy Cleaning Out Our No-Hopers

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Koch has been amazing in lifting our status beyond being a local yocal community club under Dunco.

I am not convinced KT has had much to do with the commercial part of club, a pure guess from all the public discussion. I also can’t see what KT has done outside of aligning and keeping Hinkley but board also agreed here too.

The club at Adelaide oval has been a strong rebound from the Primus coaching, and Haysman (run around whingeing) period

You appreciate of course that we roughly break even now, as compared to being broke and lacking sponsors or any financial hope and direction in 2012. Membership numbers are up to a sustainable level.

Now compare that financial picture to North, Footscray, St Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast, GWS and the Lions. Sydney has an ever precarious situation and even the perennially successful Geelong with their own stadium, complains of the difficulties of balancing the books.

Koch has managed to make the second club in a town of a million people, relevant beyond Alberton and SA.

I’m not saying they are perfect but the board, KT and Koch, and I’m sure there are others, have done a remarkable job, which is worthy of appreciation.
  1. I'm not sure that we "roughly break even".
  2. Membership numbers are on the decline.
  3. Koch has managed to do very little. We're not the second club in a town of a million people, we're the first club- 1870.
  4. You sound like a member of the Board.

Membership numbers are up to a sustainable level.

And it will be the board's arrogance, inaction, and ineptitude on serious football issues (like Hinkley's contract) and issues that are otherwise dear to members' hearts (like co-captains and PBs), that will see those membership numbers plummet.

You sound like a member of the Board.

Holly Ransom confirmed.

well we have changed everything else and the results are still the same, that leaves only 1 option in my opinion. Ken has been deflecting responsibility for years, firstly it was no magpies SANFL team, then it was a ruckman, then it was a forward, then it was the assistants, then it was the bad apple players and this year it will be something else
Correct as weak people always do. Never heard him once admit he made a mistake or that he did something badly.

yes it was Koch but KT was wetting himself just as much, i remember him going on radio saying they had all just been around to Kens house that night organising a contract extension. Ken threw out the bait and they took it
I remember it this way too....but who knows what goes behind of the doors of the club

I think Koch has been amazing in lifting our status beyond being a local yocal community club under Dunco.

I am not convinced KT has had much to do with the commercial part of club, a pure guess from all the public discussion. I also can’t see what KT has done outside of aligning and keeping Hinkley but board also agreed here too.

The club at Adelaide oval has been a strong rebound from the Primus coaching, and Haysman (run around whingeing) period

Had it not been for Mark Haysman 'whingeing' we quite likely wouldn't be playing at Adelaide Oval. He worked himself into the ground and met opposition on all sides to get that happening. As he said when he got shafted at the end - there is more politics in football than in politics.

When we don’t make finals again this year, one of the three K’s needs to go. We desperately need a change somewhere. We’ve become very stale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You appreciate of course that we roughly break even now, as compared to being broke and lacking sponsors or any financial hope and direction in 2012. Membership numbers are up to a sustainable level.

Now compare that financial picture to North, Footscray, St Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast, GWS and the Lions. Sydney has an ever precarious situation and even the perennially successful Geelong with their own stadium, complains of the difficulties of balancing the books.

Koch has managed to make the second club in a town of a million people, relevant beyond Alberton and SA.

I’m not saying they are perfect but the board, KT and Koch, and I’m sure there are others, have done a remarkable job, which is worthy of appreciation.

Can you tell me what you consider Koch's best few achievements to be?

Not just "making us financially viable", but what specific initiatives have been taken on under his leadership that have made us a better club?

I don't get this one. As GM of Football Ops, who sits under him - coaching, list management, and fitness?

Coaching is the only problem amongst those three, and it was Koch and KT, not Davies, who threw millions of dollars at Hinkley.
I like the fact that CD had been on the phone to Schoey for quite a while and if he also had nothing to do with Hinkley's extension, I like him even more so.

Had it not been for Mark Haysman 'whingeing' we quite likely wouldn't be playing at Adelaide Oval. He worked himself into the ground and met opposition on all sides to get that happening. As he said when he got shafted at the end - there is more politics in football than in politics.

Haysman- Adelaide Oval? Are You kidding? Hays would not claim that- surely not. Let’s be real clear- Demetriou and AFL, State Govt and Ian McLachlan at SACA made that happen. I think it’s well documented who set it all up.

In true Game of Thrones style, Whicker totally cut Hays head off though as Whickers kingdom was being decimated by AFL, SACA and State Govt.

Like a scene when you know you going to get toppled but it will feel good to take out a couple of pawns along the way.

Back to the thread. But the one and only time Whicker exerted his license ownership over the PAFC board was when he be-headed Hays and appointed his in house consultant at the SANFL- KT to be his inside man to thwart the AFL deal making.

Is KT the guy to take us to next premiership, or did Whicker get the last laugh

Ken Hinkley 7yrs is enough.
We've seen what his form is and it is contrary to our success. Our ultimate product is on-field success and he's been given all the tools.
We play one of the ugliest brands of footy in the league. The AO boost is fading, it's not dead but it's closing and to blindly keep going
is madness. Membership is down about 5k. At a conservative $500 per lost member this equals $2.5m.
In reality it's probably closer to a $5m loss and people say we can't afford to sack him.
I'd argue in the strongest terms that we cannot afford to not sack him.

Ken Hinkley 7yrs is enough.
We've seen what his form is and it is contrary to our success. Our ultimate product is on-field success and he's been given all the tools.
We play one of the ugliest brands of footy in the league. The AO boost is fading, it's not dead but it's closing and to blindly keep going
is madness. Membership is down about 5k. At a conservative $500 per lost member this equals $2.5m.
In reality it's probably closer to a $5m loss and people say we can't afford to sack him.
I'd argue in the strongest terms that we cannot afford to not sack him.

100% agree

But as i said in another post, there is no heat on him bar this forum and until it starts to come we are stuck with him. Those in charge wont have the balls to sack him unless there is massive external pressure to do so.

Hopefully he gets caught up in some compromising scenario, that might be our only hope! maybe a doping scandal with one of his greyhounds.

He is a really good player just down on confidence I'd give him one more chance
I don't really like singling out players, but Motlop shouldn't play again for the rest of the year really. 3rd week in a row he's been a liability, 4th game in a row he's had zero positive impact out there. You can't carry senior blokes who are sitting on 2 or 3 touches at half time like he's done on a regular basis now.

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Although we have problems way past the current coach I dont think we can even start properly addressing it until the coach is gone.
He has been given all he has asked for 7 years and shown sweet * all.

Address this as the major problem to try to stop any more supporter disengagement before it reaches fever pitch.

Getting rid of anyone other than Ken right now is pissing in the wind.

He is a really good player just down on confidence I'd give him one more chance

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah. This is how you kill culture and create rifts. We have deserving players in the seconds, there's no reason to give 4th and 5th chances to flakes.

Regardless of what you think of Koch he is pretty quiet these days on the club, I'd rather people be themselves than neutered from within.. If he got up Ken's skirt from time to time so be it, if you bend over for people it becomes a vanilla environment.

Haysman- Adelaide Oval? Are You kidding? Hays would not claim that- surely not. Let’s be real clear- Demetriou and AFL, State Govt and Ian McLachlan at SACA made that happen. I think it’s well documented who set it all up.

In true Game of Thrones style, Whicker totally cut Hays head off though as Whickers kingdom was being decimated by AFL, SACA and State Govt.

Like a scene when you know you going to get toppled but it will feel good to take out a couple of pawns along the way.

Back to the thread. But the one and only time Whicker exerted his license ownership over the PAFC board was when he be-headed Hays and appointed his in house consultant at the SANFL- KT to be his inside man to thwart the AFL deal making.

Is KT the guy to take us to next premiership, or did Whicker get the last laugh

There is no question that he had the backing of the AFL and that the Government and the SACA were involved, but Mark Haysman was the one who got the ball rolling by arguing for a better stadium deal in the first place. This newspaper article from 2014 discusses Haysman being one of the unsung heroes of that period.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...d/news-story/c387947c906ee1b7f3f97c7e6df1e0a0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back