Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not care about their qualifications but we have stomached a lot of poison over the last 15 years. I do not want any Richmond, Hawthorn, Collingwood or Carlton person leading our club. It just will not sit comfortably with me. Call me old fashioned or stupid...I do not care. 14 other clubs to find someone good.

What's your favourite kool aid flavour?

Petrified of our club signing Brad Scott

Our club is already a meme, Brad Scott would be perfect. He holds the record for most games coached with out making a grand final, and not once were they a genuine premiership threat during his tenure. He is so much more Essendon than he is North Melbourne. Doodoo my doo, get him in doo, doo, doo.

Genuine question, what does the above mean.

Urban slang, “phoning in” a performance—just going through the motions without making much of an effort. The result is usually pretty dismal: a performance that lacks meaning or merit.

Proxy coaching from WA with a side of repeated cliches...

We've got to get better.
We're not playing the way we want.
We need to work out what we stand for, etc etc etc...

I’d happily take Brad Scott. Granted he had 10 years at norf, but I don’t think he’s had the talent at his disposal that our list offers.

Think he’d place far more an emphasis on our contested game or lack there of & winning the game in the trenches which is completely foreign to our DNA.

He’s also a very keen punter which might scare off AFL clubs and they’re petrified of it. Not saying he has a problem at all, but just the fact he’s into is probably enough these days.
Isn’t this ironic (and personally I believe it is one of the greatest hypocrisies), AFL are sponsored by betting agencies and many AFL clubs have invested in pokie machines.

The AFL can’t have their cake and eat it too. They say they’re there for the wider community but only after they bleed them dry. Let’s not go into promoting alcohol... <riding off on my high horse>

I’d happily take Brad Scott. Granted he had 10 years at norf, but I don’t think he’s had the talent at his disposal that our list offers.

Think he’d place far more an emphasis on our contested game or lack there of & winning the game in the trenches which is completely foreign to our DNA.
I’m not against it but the last however many flags have had some sort of Clarkson flavour to them so Ratten should be well and truly in the mix! If Clarkson was available and still had the energy then hands down he’s the man to target.

I’m not against it but the last however many flags have had some sort of Clarkson flavour to them so Ratten should be well and truly in the mix! If Clarkson was available and still had the energy then hands down he’s the man to target.

Agreed.

Clarko’s a pipe dream, but I’d take Ratten in a heart beat & probably before B Scott too.

At present I think we're like one of those planes that fly around in circles expending fuel so as not to explode on landing.

I’m coming around to the idea of Ratten. Saints good form might work in our favour as I’m sure he would be the shoe-in if Richo had an awful start to the year. Ratts is still young, has playing and coaching success, and only failed as coach, in my opinion, due to a cancerous culture at the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see the club terminating Woosha's contract a year early for financial reasons. The payout would be substantial and we've only started reporting profits in recent years, post saga.

Can't say the same for our fitness/conditioning/medical staff.

Isn’t this ironic (and personally I believe it is one of the greatest hypocrisies), AFL are sponsored by betting agencies and many AFL clubs have invested in pokie machines.

The AFL can’t have their cake and eat it too. They say they’re there for the wider community but only after they bleed them dry. Let’s not go into promoting alcohol... <riding off on my high horse>

If you go to a match centre page on AFL.com.au before a game, you honestly can barely differentiate it from a bookie’s site. Prices and advertising for BetEasy wall to wall.

I wonder, who was the last recycled to coach to win a side at his second club but not his first? Mick Malthouse?
92 & 94 for Mick at WCE

Footscray before that, though.

i dont think you read the initial question? he didn't win a premiership at Footscray.

Anyway Malthouse - Footscray to WCE in 92 & 94 then pies in 2010

Blight - North he captain coached i think? Cats (3 losing GF's) to Crows in 97 and 98

Matthews won with Pies in yeah yeah yeah 90, Lions in 2001-03.

Has clearly lost the players. Needs a stiff broom through the place. Woosha, most of the assistants are first followed by Crow and the fitness team. The board should go at seasons end

Seems like we have been saying this every bloody year for 15 years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back