Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Albanese has replaced Shorten as leader of the opposition. Can he reclaim the territory he needs to the win the election in 2022? Will he last that long?

It is the great unknown.

2022 is absolutely for the taking, there's nothing to say that Labor can't win and anybody trying to predict the next three years after living through the last nine is a fool.

The only thing I would be prepared to predict is that he's only going to get one shot at it. If it gets to one year out and he is lagging, or if he makes it to the election and loses, the party will probably pull the pin pretty quick.

But he is the master of his own destiny. Popular and well performing leaders have amazing job security.

I still don't get the poll preference for Albanese.

Just listened to his press conference, likes to waffle a bit. During his speech he mentioned almost every sector and left our rural.

Interestingly though despite being separated from his wife, seems they still have a good relationship as he thanked her.

Interesting times ahead.

Interesting character. Was licking his lips at the prospects of leading the Labor party.

Will he be more likeable than Shorten? Probably.

If he goes along the same lines as Shorten, particularly in regard to QLD, than he won't win in 2022. He needs to handle the climate change issue better than Shorten did. You can't just have dramatic change without transition plans (building of new industries in regional areas) otherwise people who need work will not vote for you.

I still don't get the poll preference for Albanese.

Just listened to his press conference, likes to waffle a bit. During his speech he mentioned almost every sector and left our rural.

Interestingly though despite being separated from his wife, seems they still have a good relationship as he thanked her.

Interesting times ahead.
Waffle ? Even if it is waffle its more real then the Shorten robot talking points

No party has ever left out rural people more then the Nationals
His off 2 queefland 2morrow....hope he can do the redneck waffle reg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ALP rules make it very difficult for the federal parliamentary leader to be removed against his will by caucus, so I think he'll take the ALP to the next election. But he only has one shot in the locker. If he doesn't win, then the ALP will probably look to the next generation of the party to run against the Liberals-Nationals (headlined by Chalmers, who will be shadow Treasurer).

When Labor are stating they have learned from their "mistakes" are they referring to Clive Palmer?

se u

I can't respect any bloke that stands around doing a press conference with his hand in his tight jeans pocket because he thinks it looks cool.

When Labor are stating they have learned from their "mistakes" are they referring to Clive Palmer?
I think they are saying their 'If you're poor and dumb you must vote for us. If you don't vote for us you it proves you are poor and dumb' message may need to be revised, or even scrapped altogether.

I think they are saying their 'If you're poor and dumb you must vote for us. If you don't vote for us you it proves you are poor and dumb' message may need to be revised, or even scrapped altogether.

I'm under the impression that of the following two things Labor could do to win a modern Australian Federal election, only number 2) would work

1) Scrap their plans for a death tax
2) Ask someone wealthy like Palmer to invest in their election campaign for political favours

Waffle ? Even if it is waffle its more real then the Shorten robot talking points

No party has ever left out rural people more then the Nationals
His off 2 queefland 2morrow....hope he can do the redneck waffle reg
Why are your bringing up Shorten? I wasn't a huge fan of him either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back