Opinion Unpopular opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I love going to the footy but I think you see more on TV especially if you have **** vision like I do.
My vision is stuffed,have keratoconus in my eyes,I love the friends I meet and the atmosphere of being there,I watch the tvs at the G for a closer inspection of the game,I can see better when the action is up my end,Punt Road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion - I don't reckon our song is the best in the league (it's still in the top few).

Very unpopular opinion - the best song is Carlton's. I've been in the Carlton members (as a neutral), and it's very hard not to join in when they've had a win. You feel like you've had about six beers before you've even had your first.

Unpopular opinion - I don't reckon our song is the best in the league (it's still in the top few).

Very unpopular opinion - the best song is Carlton's. I've been in the Carlton members (as a neutral), and it's very hard not to join in when they've had a win. You feel like you've had about six beers before you've even had your first.

I reckon Brisbane Lions have the best song.

Boooooooooooooo

I find Slobbo to be quite sincere and far more honest than nearly all of the other journos. He can have a sook at times and have an opinion that I don't agree with but unlike many others he isn't deliberately trying to lead witch hunts, get people sacked or be a talking piece for hidden parties.

Deeply, deeply unpopular. I feel like booooing.

Umpires have less impact on the game than the weather, no matter how good or bad they are.

And supporters who sit silently all game, except when they are shouting "BALL", are cheering for rules not sport. You know who you are. And I'm telling you that you don't like football. You like rules.

Agree about Rioli - Higgins seems more influential.

Rioli does not look like a natural footballer to me (I know. I know - but he's a Rioli!). But some of his attacks on the ball just scream out as a guy who doesn't really get it. He's obviously a great athlete, has reasonable skills, but there's something not quite right there (I'm talking AFL-level obviously). Maybe it's the speed of the game, maybe he's spent all his junior days swanning around getting by on pure ability.

Once he gets the ball and has time and space, his skills are fine. But doesn't get the ball enough.

Rioli is only a little dude and he got smashed like half a dozen occasions this season from blokes like mummy iirc

i also think he struggled to recover from his broken foot heroics

hes is in the most talented 10-15 guys in the team... still a baby too, needs to stay around the feet of Lynch

That's a terrible opinion :p

Ball up every time would have players going for the boundary way too often. Would get abused.

Last touch rule? Even worse. Congratulations, you just killed the spoil.
All rules which rely on umpire discretion should be abolished. This and rushed behinds. The rules need to be black and white. Just make it a boundary throw in like it used to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back