Injury Injury Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we just have to be patient with this one and trust our medicos to get him right for the long term. Must be very frustrating for Marcus...
Wasn't there rumours that the Bulldogs medicos tried to get him to slim down that he was too muscly which contributed him ot getting injured but he was ignoring their advice. If its true then he can't really complain

Wasn't there rumours that the Bulldogs medicos tried to get him to slim down that he was too muscly which contributed him ot getting injured but he was ignoring their advice. If its true then he can't really complain

Rumoured...and not correct...Because of his speed, frame and height, the Dogs reinvented him as a defender and got him to bulk up, to play on the big forwards...the likes of Franklin, Reiwoldt, Darling and Tex Walker ( Dogs still lack tall defenders)...He played most of his WAFL football at West Perth as a forward (The reason he liked Fagan's pitch was that he would play/rotate forward).FWIW he had no knee problems at the Dogs..His injuries there were his ankles (Lisfranc ligaments) 1st one was on his right foot..on the soft turf of the SCG, playing on Franklin....Then almost to the day, 12 months later the same thing happened, on the SCG, but worse and on his left foot.. which took longer to heal..The knee injury, occurred just before Christmas '18 and led to surgery in the new year...this is a clean up from that..

Last edited:
Berry out for 6 to 8.

https://www.lions.com.au/news/2019-05-28/injury-update

Midfielder Jarrod Berry will undergo surgery tomorrow to have a Baker’s cyst removed from his right knee.

The 21-year-old could be sidelined for six to eight weeks, dependant on the success of the surgery.

I’ve got the same injury. Very frustrating. Get a tight calf after even a little bit of exercise. Buddy also had it a few years back. Will need constant management like Noble said in the CM article.

I’ve got the same injury. Very frustrating. Get a tight calf after even a little bit of exercise. Buddy also had it a few years back. Will need constant management like Noble said in the CM article.
I just realised why the name was familiar - my mother had one. Got it cleaned out, but not being at the level of an AFL footballer her knee still gives her a bit of grief.

https://m.lions.com.au/news/news/injurylist

Marcus Adams 1 week
Zac Bailey 1 week
Ely Smith 3 weeks
Jarrod Berry 3 weeks
Tom Cutler 4 weeks

Will be great to have Adams and Bailey back in the NEAFL following the bye and Berry to return not long after. If those three can get fit and work their way into the best 22 I think they improve our side greatly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not the worst year to do it given the lack of reserves games. He'll come back stronger.

Wonder if it might influence his brothers decision whether to pick cricket or aussie rules

Also I wonder if Adams might consider retirement after another injury interrupted season

Has it been confirmed that there will not be a mid season draft?

Also I wonder if Adams might consider retirement after another injury interrupted season

Would we give him another contract at the end of the year if he misses the rest of the season? I am also worried about Birchall's durability. He will be a good player for us if he stays on the park.

Can say exactly the same thing about Adams. I thought at the time having two injury prone defenders was a risk when we delisted Walker.

AFL Casualty Ward: Every club’s injury toll ranked and analysed after Round 8
We rank and analyse every team’s injury toll so far in Round 8’s Casualty Ward!

15. BRISBANE LIONS

Marcus Adams (foot) - 5 weeks
Cam Ellis-Yolmen (calf) - test
Ryan Lester (hamstring) - 1 week
Stefan Martin (back) - 7 weeks
Connor McFadyen (knee) - season
Daniel Rich (hamstring) - 1 week
Archie Smith (syndesmosis) - 6-8 weeks

Analysis: A big part of the Lions’ success in both this year and 2019 has been injury luck. The only key cog on the sidelines right now is Martin, which is an admittedly big blow given how weak Brisbane’s ruck stocks are (and could get even worse given backup big man Archie Smith’s recent setback). However, Martin was one of the beneficiaries of the COVID-forced season hiatus when he tore his PCL in Round 1, but played months later in Round 2. Dayne Zorko has missed some time during the season as well.

So with the potentially home and away season ending injuries to Martin and Smith, our back up ruck really will come from a make shift ruck i.e. Ballenden, Skinner, Eagles or Fullarton with the latter three being all rookies and Eagles and Fullarton requiring an upgrade given they're Category B rookies (they could come in anytime due to McFadyen's season long injury).

Like we've seen many times before, generally such occurrences result in the making of someone, lets hope so again.

Pray to God, nothing happens to McInerney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back