Society/Culture Why is Melbin [sic] so out of step with the rest of Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is just literally this guy telling everyone how he is better than everyone else

redneck.jpg

The constant anger must be exhausting.

You do realise Brisbane has as much claim to beaches as Melbourne but has the two best beach strips in Australia an hour either side?

Lol at Melbourne having parklands ahead of the likes of Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth all of which are clearly ahead.

You **** on other places for being “boring” yet you seemingly get a hard on over architecture :think:

There is nothing you can do in Melbourne that any other capital or major centre doesn’t have without the horrendous weather, crime and homelessness
Wow. I dont think you have been to Melbourne.

No good theatres in brisbane. An ugly minimalist post modern one on southbank is as ugly as hell.

Melbourne has the comedy festival for a month which is awesome. Brisbane has a weekend where the dodgy local acts from the melbourne festival come up to brisbane.

One of the ugliest city skylines imaginable. No one walks along southbank and goes wow thats an awesome view of the city. The storybridge is a nice view though but that is it.

Gabba vs Mcg. Enough said.

Melbourne has australian open while brisbane has that crappy pre australian open warm up tornament.

Brisbanes best restaurant wouldnt make the top dozen in Melbourne. There is nothing near Attica, Vue de Monde or Fat Duck in Brisbane.

If you live inner city in brisbane you are forced to live in houses made out of pre world war materials. They are horrible backwards houses that have none of the modern comforts of houses you can live in Melbourne, horribly energy inefficient and need painting every two years, which few people do, so they all look like murder houses straight out of True Detective.

Dont get anywhere near the range of big international music acts to Brisbane.

So many cool unique pubs and clubs in Melbourne. In Brisbane you have an irish bar.

No equivalent area of Stkilda in Brisbane. Or Fitzroy or Richmond or Lygon Street for that matter.

Brisbane doesnt build enough roads over the river because the ferry union has too much power. This is how much of a sh***le Brisbane is.

Brisbane also lags greatly on allowing night time shopping. More signs of a sh*** state.

Melbourne has the spring racing carival. Brisbane puts up a screen at its race track to watch the melbourne cup.

Brisbane doesnt even have a bloody zoo. Even adelaide has a zoo.

And where exactly is the beach in Brisbane? Ive lived here 6 years. There is no beach. Plenty of bull sharks in the river though.

Last edited:

Again showing your ignorance that nothing can possibly be good unless it is in Melbourne. Enjoy paying top dollar for shitty dumplings and a horrendous $14 pint of craft beer while sitting on a milk crate down a service alley though
Um I thought you said you were a high income earner? Those places are for uni students. What high income earner complains about expensive drinks?

Im not sure you know what a sh*** is. There is one common thing among shith**s. Everything is cheap. If places for uni students have expensive beer then you may as well be saying thst melbourne is the opposite of a sh**hole. And here is my proof.

Last edited:
Country people have energy levels that you inner-city types could only dream of.
Insults also come easily when dealing with criminal vegan defending, country people hating, melbourne adoring, far left embracing, dickheads.
Good evening.
Country people have so much energy they spend all their time lobbying for drought relief. Not really much different to welfare cheats.

You do realise Brisbane has as much claim to beaches as Melbourne but has the two best beach strips in Australia an hour either side?

Lol at Melbourne having parklands ahead of the likes of Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth all of which are clearly ahead.

You **** on other places for being “boring” yet you seemingly get a hard on over architecture :think:

There is nothing you can do in Melbourne that any other capital or major centre doesn’t have without the horrendous weather, crime and homelessness
Homeless rates:

VIC - 41.9 people per 10,000
QLD - 46.1 people per 10,000

Sunshine Coast is great as is most of south east Queensland. Probably why so many Victorian flogs are tripping over to move up here. Don’t see many Queenslanders lining up to live in cold shitty Melbourne.

Queensland doesn’t have 12pm lock out you nong. Our pubs are clearly the best in Australia and **** in melbins from a great height. Enjoy paying $14 a pint of crappy craft beer. I’ll keep my $5 schooners down the surf club.

We have plenty of great musical events. Basically any international act that goes to Melbin goes to Brisbane as well. Plenty of great music events up here as well with a stack of festivals on the sunny coast.

In terms of sports we also have AFL football in south east Queensland and test cricket and multiple elite surfing comps and elite racing facilities and motor racing (although happy for all of that to be shipped off to Melbin). Again basically every sporting option available in Melbourne is equally available in Queensland
5 dollar schooners is definition of sh**thole.

Seriously you cant make this stuff up. Change your thread to I only like living in sh**holes and Melbourne isnt one.

Yes people play sport in brisbane. As everywjere else in the western world. Little of it is elite and stadiums have no atmosphere.

Wow. I dont think you have been to Melbourne.

No good theatres in brisbane. An ugly minimalist post modern one on southbank is as ugly as hell.

Melbourne has the comedy festival for a month which is awesome. Brisbane has a weekend where the dodgy local acts from the melbourne festival come up to brisbane.

One of the ugliest city skylines imaginable. No one walks along southbank and goes wow thats an awesome view of the city. The storybridge is a nice view though but that is it.

Gabba vs Mcg. Enough said.

Melbourne has australian open while brisbane has that crappy pre australian open warm up tornament.

Brisbanes best restaurant wouldnt make the top dozen in Melbourne. There is nothing near Attica, Vue de Monde or Fat Duck in Brisbane.

If you live inner city in brisbane you are forced to live in houses made out of pre world war materials. They are horrible backwards houses that have none of the modern comforts of houses you can live in Melbourne, horribly energy inefficient and need painting every two years, which few people do, so they all look like murder houses straight out of True Detective.

Dont get anywhere near the range of big international music acts to Brisbane.

So many cool unique pubs and clubs in Melbourne. In Brisbane you have an irish bar.

No equivalent area of Stkilda in Brisbane. Or Fitzroy or Richmond or Lygon Street for that matter.

Brisbane doesnt build enough roads over the river because the ferry union has too much power. This is how much of a sh***le Brisbane is.

Brisbane also lags greatly on allowing night time shopping. More signs of a sh*** state.

Melbourne has the spring racing carival. Brisbane puts up a screen at its race track to watch the melbourne cup.

Brisbane doesnt even have a bloody zoo. Even adelaide has a zoo.

And where exactly is the beach in Brisbane? Ive lived here 6 years. There is no beach. Plenty of bull sharks in the river though.

Manly, Nudgee, Wynnum, Redlands are all at least the equivalent of St Kilda beach.

The rest of you post is a ridiculous melt based on pure fantasy rather than actual facts. Enjoy getting a raging stag over buildings though

Um I thought you said you were a high income earner? Those places are for uni students. What high income earner complains about expensive drinks?

Im not sure you know what a sh*** is. There is one common thing among shith**s. Everything is cheap. If places for uni students have expensive beer then you may as well be saying thst melbourne is the opposite of a sh**hole. And here is my proof.

It’s literally every bar / pub in Melbourne. Why would you pay at least twice as much for the same thing and brag about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Homeless rates:

VIC - 41.9 people per 10,000
QLD - 46.1 people per 10,000

Now try Brisbane v Melbourne and stop pretending the indigenous population in North Queensland are the same as your dime a dozen crack addicts in the Melbourne cbd

I worked in the australian agriculture department a decade ago. I have some knowledge.

Oh, so you sat behind a desk doing some menial task and that has given you this inside knowledge that farmers are all too busy applying for drought relief and are basically welfare dependent.

Again, you have absolutely zero knowledge of the issue.
Just another city in-bred with a chip on his shoulder about farmers.

Now try Brisbane v Melbourne and stop pretending the indigenous population in North Queensland are the same as your dime a dozen crack addicts in the Melbourne cbd
Yes i get it. My homeless people dont count to making a place crap but yours do. Do you read what you write?

There is no good data on cities. But given most people in those states live in those two cities then the data aint going to be much different from the state data. You act like melbourne has multiple times higher. In the end its about the same. Might even be slightly lower then Brisbanes.

Change your opinion when the facts suggest you are wrong. Be mature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back