Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was that source Ken Hinkley?

Because Hinkley made it clear in a presser a few weeks back they were resting him till the bye. Pretty sure Davies also said similar in his presser.

Ahhh missed that announcement, heard it from someone a few days ago who I assume knows him or deals with him knows his wife. Said they were giving him the extra time due to the location of the head knock.

Last edited:
https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...trip-to-china?camefrom=EMCL_2921732_139972152

AFL:
Ryan Burton - hamstring (assess)
Tom Rockliff - hamstring (assess)
Trent McKenzie - hamstring (assess)
Charlie Dixon - leg (1-2 weeks)
Sam Hayes - glandular fever (2-3 weeks)
Brad Ebert - concussion (2-3 weeks)
Ollie Wines - ankle (2-3 weeks)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)
Jake Patmore - knee (season)

SANFL:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (5-7 weeks)

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Brad Ebert sitting on 2-3 weeks. Really getting worried for him now.

Already missed 3, so thats 6 weeks with concussion. Thats pretty scary, should put a line through him for the year and makes you question his long term future.

There was a bit about Paddy McCartin on talking footy, sensitive to lights and noise. Can't drive, go to the shops or even go to a cafe. He said he is a shell of who he used to be.

Paddy McCartin should retire right now. That's just scary having to deal with that, don't even think about putting yourself at risk by playing again.

I sincerely hope that Ebo isn't in anything like the same boat.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Paddy McCartin should retire right now. That's just scary having to deal with that, don't even think about putting yourself at risk by playing again.

I sincerely hope that Ebo isn't in anything like the same boat.

yeah that mccartin interview was hard to listen to , if the symptoms last longer then 3 weeks retire from you're sport , its not worth it

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Already missed 3, so thats 6 weeks with concussion. Thats pretty scary, should put a line through him for the year and makes you question his long term future.

There was a bit about Paddy McCartin on talking footy, sensitive to lights and noise. Can't drive, go to the shops or even go to a cafe. He said he is a shell of who he used to be.
Paddy needs to retire for his long term health. Poor fella. I agree for Brad to take the year off. These players as much as we like footy and them need to think long term from these multiple head knocks. They have long lives to live beyond AFL.

Remember when the AFL said the head was sacrosanct?
Remember when the slightest of grazes to the head resulted in penalties?
Remember when Brad Ebert didn't even get a free kick for 2 hits to the head in 2 minutes, resulting in him coming off the ground and not playing again for 2 months?

Bomberclifford remembers.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Remember when Brad Ebert didn't even get a free kick for 2 hits to the head in 2 minutes, resulting in him coming off the ground and not playing again for 2 months?

because ebert certainly doesnt remember

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I can't understand why I knee in the head, while attempting a mark, is not a free.
A knee can do a lot of damage.

ahneadearut

Debutant
Aug 29, 2018
under a rock
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Think it was a guy who has C in his name. He also has a U. I think there is an N. Pretty sure there is also a T.

I hope he doesn’t mean flying to Shanghai

The club is taking the piss out of members that pay good money for memberships. Flying Dixon to China and paying Sutcliffe a $70k bonus for leading the reserves is wastage.

Back