• 6.0 disposals
  • 2.0 marks
  • 0.0 tackles
  • 1.0 frees for
  • 0.0 frees against
  • 0.0 inside 50s
  • 1.5 rebound 50s
  • 23.50 AFL Fantasy points
Not good reading, but he did get injured in both games and was playing defense I believe.

Hopefully nepotism hasn't played a part with SO'R on the board but I do like the idea of having the son of a former player finally on our list. They obviously see something in him though.

Otherwise welcome to the club SOSO'R. Looking forward to seeing what you can do.

So we ******* should after letting the other two slide by us!
Yeah I defended the club for Gov and Mgov because there were some pretty obvious flaws with both.

Got to take the stab this time. I'd prefer us to do it and be wrong than not do it and watch Gov Jnr tear us a new one every time we play whomever he ends up at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid season draft is an ideal way to try before you buy with kids that are speculative because they are ā€˜lazyā€™. You have 6 months to try them on a list without needing tie up a list spot. He may thrive or he may flounder. All that is lost is 50k
Do these kids on six month contracts still get paid 50 grand?

*. That's good.

So we ******* should after letting the other two slide by us!
Yeah I defended the club for Gov and Mgov because there were some pretty obvious flaws with both.

Damn straight. Dodged a bullet is what I call it after so many calling for him to come in. I was never convinced myself, glad we missed the 2nd McGov.

3rd one's a charm hey :thumbsu:

If they spud it up and donā€™t get drafted next year or held on they get a 20k parachute payment too
Wait so it's $50,000 to play football from May to (in most cases) August? And then if you get kept on you get another contract but if you don't you get another 20 grand?

Considering it's basically June now, that's three months of work for 70k.

And footballers constantly ask for pity and say how hard everything is.

Wow.

Yes. Likely. But like I said, that makes the midseason draft pointless somehow.
I reckon the AFL didnā€™t think this through when they implemented it.

I think they were hoping the clubs would choose Barlow/Bewley types, the mature agers that had been overlooked previously. I guess they got that with a few picks but mostly kids taken.

I reckon the AFL didnā€™t think this through when they implemented it.

I think they were hoping the clubs would choose Barlow/Bewley types, the mature agers that had been overlooked previously. I guess they got that with a few picks but mostly kids taken.
Never a realistic expectation that there will be a dozen ready to go players lurking in the lower leagues with the capacity to step up immediately. Half a dozen were taken with that in mind though, so that seems like a reasonable outcome.

Wait so it's $50,000 to play football from May to (in most cases) August? And then if you get kept on you get another contract but if you don't you get another 20 grand?

Considering it's basically June now, that's three months of work for 70k.

And footballers constantly ask for pity and say how hard everything is.

Wow.
The thinking was that many of these blokes would need to give up jobs/ apprenticeships/careers, possibly shift girlfriends/wives/families for a gamble on a potential 3 month marginal spot on a list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back