Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

11 - snelling.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2023 (previously delisted)
My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited:
May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon
A genuinely ignorant question - if someone is drafted in the mid-season draft, what is their status at the new club? Are they a rookie or ‘top up’ or regarded as instantly full-time on the new list?
Is Snelling basically already training at the Hangar from this week?

A genuinely ignorant question - if someone is drafted in the mid-season draft, what is their status at the new club? Are they a rookie or ‘top up’ or regarded as instantly full-time on the new list?
Is Snelling basically already training at the Hangar from this week?
Rookie listed, and can be recontracted at any point in time

Last edited:

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Welcome Will.

Not sure he would make the move over in time for Blues match? He might be in the mix after the bye.
Good luck to the kid anyway.

lol what's going on there?
His wiki page last night had his full name as William Mingma Snelling, but just now it's changed to William Alexander Snelling.

I'm so disappointed, Mingma sounds grouse

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
His wiki page last night had his full name as William Mingma Snelling, but just now it's changed to William Alexander Snelling.

I'm so disappointed, Mingma sounds grouse

Maybe a mate knew he was getting drafted and had a sneaky edit?

Like, really, wtf is mingma

Someone’s taking the piss, it either is Mingma and someone that knows him has jumped on wiki this morning and edited it after seeing us talk about on here or it isn’t Mingma and someone has done a Trojan horse job on his wiki page and it’s been sitting there since last September without anyone noticing until last night.

The edit history on the page says it was edited on September 11th last year. I’m calling deep state involvement.

Maybe a mate knew he was getting drafted and had a sneaky edit?

Like, really, wtf is mingma
Oh yeah I 100% agree, regrettably

Google says that they're Sherpas?

From what I saw of him as a junior his footy smarts weren’t an issue, his height and light frame would have been my main queries.

Most have been more than that. At 175/176 cm not like he’s Caleb Daniel small. And to have ‘elite’ athletic stats something must have kept teams from not drafting him if he went via rookie.

Will SNELLING (West Adelaide)
2019 SANFL

Totals
  • 7 games
  • 2 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 5 times in best players list

Averages
  • 11.9 kicks
  • 18.6 handballs
  • 30.4 disposals
  • 5.7 marks
  • 10.0 tackles
  • 1.4 frees for
  • 1.6 frees against
  • 2.7 inside 50s
  • 1.6 rebound 50s
  • 128.29 AFL Fantasy points

Will SNELLING (Port Adelaide)
2018 SANFL

Totals
  • 18 games
  • 6 goals
  • 5 behinds
  • 10 times in best players list

Averages
  • 8.2 kicks
  • 15.6 handballs
  • 23.8 disposals
  • 3.4 marks
  • 8.0 tackles
  • 1.4 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 2.0 inside 50s
  • 1.7 rebound 50s
  • 99.11 AFL Fantasy points

Will SNELLING (Port Adelaide)
2017 SANFL

Totals
  • 19 games
  • 1 goal
  • 6 behinds
  • 2times in best players list

Averages
  • 7.2 kicks
  • 12.3 handballs
  • 19.5 disposals
  • 2.5 marks
  • 7.3 tackles
  • 1.2 frees for
  • 1.1 frees against
  • 1.3 inside 50s
  • 1.2 rebound 50s
  • 81.53 AFL Fantasy points

May 8, 2018
Shanghai
AFL Club
Essendon
Someone’s taking the piss, it either is Mingma and someone that knows him has jumped on wiki this morning and edited it after seeing us talk about on here or it isn’t Mingma and someone has done a Trojan horse job on his wiki page and it’s been sitting there since last September without anyone noticing until last night.

The edit history on the page says it was edited on September 11th last year. I’m calling deep state involvement.
It’s got George Orwell’s 1984 all over it...

'Mingma' = 'born on a Tuesday', apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. tibetan/sherpa, as someone mentioned
Checked on Wiki again, and he was born on August 6th 1997, which was a Wednesday.

The mystery continues...

Last edited:

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
why all the fuss with his height?

listed as 1-2 cm taller than Devon. Same weight now too I think. Could be his identical twin!

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Looks stocky enough for his lack of height not too matter too much. Listed at 89kg on footywire but not sure about that. If thats true then he could be a small bull.

I like the way he has progressed his output over 3 years.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep up with the pace and power of AFL football.

Back