Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If you take Brad at his word then even his wife didn’t know about it....do we know Brad well enough to take him at his word? If the leak dries up then it was him.

I honestly don't give a * mate.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Agree with that. I have no qualms about Brad getting the arse. He was done after the Good Friday loss. I honestly think we have issues keeping things in house. Maybe I’m just too old fashioned and don’t like people talking out of school. If I were running the joint I’d want to know whose running to the media every time there’s a story coming out of North and get rid of them.

If you believe everything you hear then technically, Brad was sacked. Possibly the friendliest, most amicable sacking ever, but still a sacking none the less. If Brad, or a representative of Brad, leaked the story it's the most brilliant Machiavellian move in the history of the game. No doubt his stocks have risen since Friday. 5h1t, some of the commentary I've heard makes me think we've just shafted Norm Smith. So did he deliberately orchestrate a situation that would release him from his duties of North, seemingly against his will, yet see him save face to the extent that other clubs would be salivating at the prospect of having him at their club next year. If so, then his tactical genius is totally latent as an AFL coach and he should be running for government in 2022.

Did someone outside the club leak it? Another club who were gobsmacked at Brad's amazing record and so desperate to have him they orchestrated a situation that would give them open access to his genius? Why? What would they have to gain by doing it now? This seems very unlikely.

No. The leak came from within. They wanted Brad out so the "fresh air" could waft in ASAP. Was it the best outcome? Probably. But that's not how things should roll so it's less than ideal and will probably need to be addressed eventually. But in the big scheme of things, there's bigger fish to fry starting this Friday night.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you take Brad at his word then even his wife didn’t know about it....do we know Brad well enough to take him at his word? If the leak dries up then it was him.

Is, did his wife not know about it, the same as David King refused to present a jumper to one of our debutaunts?

She may have known he was a dead man waking, just not known the exact time it was happening.

This is one big PR job. There are probably a lot of half truths being bandied about by both sides.

My concern is when there’s a real secret this board will be incapable of keeping it.

According to another poster admittedly from Freo the board conducted a secret external review last year which recommended sacking Scott and other perps in key positions. If this is true it might explain our performance so far this year ie Scott's eye was off the ball and again if true shoes the board are in fact maybe very good st keeping confidences (also may explain why old mate who applied for a board position didn't get a look in) so on the weight of the circumstantial evidence on hand I think we have to accept Mr Scott did it on the golf course with a 3 iron and a quiet word in a trusted media reps ear.

BTW Scott's has already stitched up his next gig, him saying he never discussed this with his manager just makes me want to vomit. Maybe he did it via Skype text or sign language but communication happened and if you don't believe that then you must believe in fairies. Small glowing fairies with wings and pink tutus that flit about at the bottom of bob browns garden who BTW does not endorse this message.

According to another poster admittedly from Freo the board conducted a secret external review last year which recommended sacking Scott and other perps in key positions. If this is true it might explain our performance so far this year ie Scott's eye was off the ball and again if true shoes the board are in fact maybe very good st keeping confidences (also may explain why old mate who applied for a board position didn't get a look in) so on the weight of the circumstantial evidence on hand I think we have to accept Mr Scott did it on the golf course with a 3 iron and a quiet word in a trusted media reps ear.

BTW Scott's has already stitched up his next gig, him saying he never discussed this with his manager just makes me want to vomit. Maybe he did it via Skype text or sign language but communication happened and if you don't believe that then you must believe in fairies. Small glowing fairies with wings and pink tutus that flit about at the bottom of bob browns garden who BTW does not endorse this message.
Carlton?

This is not what the current prevailing theory is from people close to the situation, for what it is worth.
When pushed to a position of little control a person who has a strong affinity for control will sieze control over whatever elements thay can, in defiance of nothing else.

Who broke the story?

What media outlet was Brad on Monday?

Hmmm.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

If Brad leaked it, when he leaked it, he's the smartest evil genius of all time

1559047068219.png

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is, did his wife not know about it, the same as David King refused to present a jumper to one of our debutaunts?

She may have known he was a dead man waking, just not known the exact time it was happening.

This is one big PR job. There are probably a lot of half truths being bandied about by both sides.

His wife didn't know, and she knew before he got home.

He got the call while driving home, and he was asked to drop in on the CEO when he was still at the club.

Stories keep shifting.

I'm over it. Who's in the team on Friday night?

Thank God for Board leaks or what was left of our club would be languishing on the Gold Coast. There were a lot of people who knew about this on both sides of the game. BF was all over it ahead of the media. All our info was spot on. Who leaked? I have my theories but it doesn’t matter. All the leak did was hasten the departure a couple of weeks. Rat? Probably not. Strategic mover more likely.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
His wife didn't know, and she knew before he got home.

He got the call while driving home, and he was asked to drop in on the CEO when he was still at the club.

Stories keep shifting.

I'm over it. Who's in the team on Friday night?

Maybe his wife leaked it. Think about it. Late afternoon on a Friday night. She's been at home all day, all week, alone, having had little sleep after being woken by Brad mumbling in his sleep about how Jamie Macmillan will win a Brownlow one day. She's just done the pick up from kindergarten/child care/prep. There's never any parking around those places. She's driving home, the teacher has whinged about something irrelevant and the kids are giving her the shytes. "Can I have a drink when I get home?" "No, not from that cup" "My brother is looking at me." She's put up with this crap on her own ever since she's met Brad. She snaps. She calls the laziest football journo she can think of. She can only think of one. Robbo. She off-loads knowing that Robbo won't actually do any research into what she says. Bingo. By 5pm it's on line. Brad's done and he's doing the pick up on Monday. You know it makes sense.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe his wife leaked it. Think about it. Late afternoon on a Friday night. She's been at home all day, all week, alone, having had little sleep after being woken by Brad mumbling in his sleep about how Jamie Macmillan will win a Brownlow one day. She's just done the pick up from kindergarten/child care/prep. She's driving home, the teacher has whinged about something irrelevant and the kids are giving her the shytes. "Can I have a drink when I get home?" "No, not from that cup" "My brother is looking at me." She's put up with this crap on her own ever since she's met Brad. She snaps. She calls the laziest football journo she can think of. She can only think of one. Robbo. She off-loads knowing that Robbo won't actually do any research into what she says. Bingo. By 5pm it's on line. Brad's done and he's doing the pick up on Monday. You know it makes sense.
Let's not and say we shouldn't.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I still prefer to believe that it was a strategic leak by Ben Buckley to force Brad's hand quickly and allow the footy dept to regroup before the bye the period, effectively salvaging the second half of the season.

Do I have any evidence for this? No. But neither does anybody else in this thread, especially those pretending to be 'in the know'.

Only a small handful of people truly know what was said behind closed doors, and those guys have better things to do than attract a few 'likes' on a football forum.

Knowatimean?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m genuinely surprised I’m the only one who cares that our board can’t hold their cards to their chest.

Why do you seem so sure it's a person on the board? And even if it was, odds are it was a tactical leak agreed upon by multiple members.
I agree the board should identify the leak, because if there's a rogue operator they need to be identified in case they leak something more damaging.

I genuinely suspect it either came from Scott's camp or was deliberately done by board agreement though. In the first instance, good riddance and enjoy the rest of your PR tour before you take up that job at Carlton. If it was the latter instance then congrats to the board or buckley for growing some balls.

But there was a leak. Brad Scott had a meeting with the board & coaching department to discuss the plan moving forward, one option was that they should go down the rebuild path. After the other coaches left the meeting, he told the board that if they chose that path he would not be able to stay on as coach and would step aside.

The board decided to take him up on that and would let him go.

Before the coach had the chance to speak to the players, and even his family, someone from the board spoke outside of that circle and the story was out.

That’s not good enough.

Scott has said he left the Club on Friday avo and everything was ok, until he got a call on the way home. He then said in another interview that Carl told him in his office on Friday avo. You can’t believe what Scott has been saying.

Scott met the board weeks ago so the board has been sitting on it for weeks.

Robbo confirmed he spoke to Scott weeks ago and that Scott confirmed he may be going.

Robbo said he was working on the story Thursday night but the board didn’t meet until Friday morning.

So there is a few possible ways to connect the dots. Did Scott give the club an ultimatum and the board called his bluf? If so, did this piss Scott off and he cried to Robbo before telling anyone else? Did the board decide it was best Scott finished straight away but Scott refused? This forced the board to go public so it wasn’t a leak but a controlled release of info.
Did Robbo just guess based on his previous discussions with Scott?

The answer is: who fricking cares.

Maybe his wife leaked it. Think about it. Late afternoon on a Friday night. She's been at home all day, all week, alone, having had little sleep after being woken by Brad mumbling in his sleep about how Jamie Macmillan will win a Brownlow one day. She's just done the pick up from kindergarten/child care/prep. There's never any parking around those places. She's driving home, the teacher has whinged about something irrelevant and the kids are giving her the shytes. "Can I have a drink when I get home?" "No, not from that cup" "My brother is looking at me." She's put up with this crap on her own ever since she's met Brad. She snaps. She calls the laziest football journo she can think of. She can only think of one. Robbo. She off-loads knowing that Robbo won't actually do any research into what she says. Bingo. By 5pm it's on line. Brad's done and he's doing the pick up on Monday. You know it makes sense.

Only missing a golf reference :)

Where doesn't matter only the truly guiless will be genuinely surprised when he ends up ensconced at another club, in a high level position within the AFL, with a highly paid media gig or a combination of all three. What should be clear to all and sundry is that Scott's was only ever about Scotts and while he could drive the narrative unchallenged that was never going to change. Well done to those on the board for finally growing a set of balls and taking action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back