Past Michael "Grassy" Knoll - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

sQFtvuIQ.jpg

Michael Knoll

Player Profile

Michael Knoll stamped a stunning rise from US college basketball to Australian rules football when the Sydney Swans snapped him up at the 2019 mid-season draft. The 205-centimetre, 103-kilogram ruckman played his first game of footy with the Box Hill Hawks in the VFL in 2017, before playing with Vermont’s reserves in the Eastern Football League in 2019. He then made the switch to the Swans from the South Adelaide Panthers in the SANFL. Knoll made solid progress in the NEAFL under the expert eye of Sydney assistant coach Dean Cox in 2019, and he’s on a mission to make his AFL debut in 2020.

Michael Knoll

DOB: 27 February 1993
DRAFT: 2018
RECRUITED FROM: Box Hill Hawks (VFL)/Vermont (Vic)/South Adelaide (SANFL)

Last edited:

I guess when meeting all his new Swans team mates (who all seem NBA mad) they will be slightly in awe of Grassy from playing against Simmons

Hoop dreams to AFL draftee: Swans recruit faced off with NBA's Simmons

https://www.outline.com/4YsKth
and only heard from Beatson the night before the draft

I am on the Knoll train simply because I have no faith in any of the other rucks in our system and I have been calling for Sinclair to go forward for over a year. Without the ruck duties he would make a pretty good forward.

I am on the Knoll train simply because I have no faith in any of the other rucks in our system and I have been calling for Sinclair to go forward for over a year. Without the ruck duties he would make a pretty good forward.
I'm on the Knoll train as well as I think Sinclair's body is weary from the non-stop ruck load the last 2 seasons.

Sinclair forward in place of who?
I’m liking the Reid/McCartin/Blakey combo

Add in Buddy with Papley/Hayward and no room for Sinkers imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Sinkers a week or two off first to recover and yep agree.
It'd be a bloody great story if they threw Knoll on first game. They might want to see how he goes v the top of the table Brissy NEAFL team though - Archi Smith apparently a good ruck now if he is playing.
But I'd seriously just chuck him in, no Gazza or Danger - he'll be fine.

Project player, but I like it. Seems to be in the same mould as Pyke in that he just wants to learn and improve and make that his focus. Surely we don't see him at AFL level in 2019 though?

Let's see how he goes in the 2s. Sinkers is struggling.

Hope he starts in the ruck and Cameron plays forward. He looks like a pure ruckman from all accounts.

Let's see how he goes in the 2s. Sinkers is struggling.

Hope he starts in the ruck and Cameron plays forward. He looks like a pure ruckman from all accounts.
Does he go straight in to playing for the magoos? Be keen to see how he goes. It would be a miracle rise to the top if he plays seniors this year considering he's only played the game for two years.

Does he go straight in to playing for the magoos? Be keen to see how he goes. It would be a miracle rise to the top if he plays seniors this year considering he's only played the game for two years.
One better, he’ll even train this week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back