TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have chromecast / apple tv? If so easier to get it on the tv that way.

No I haven’t as yet, I was hoping by getting a smart TV I wouldn’t need to have these additional devices. But will look into it now.

Yes that’s what confused the hell out of me a few days ago. Before signing up, I’d read this page and it made reference to needing an Android TV to be able to download the app (which I thought I had, it’s a fairly recent TV).

Pretty sure they don’t have TV apps yet. Looking at the website, the link doesn’t work, and they are perhaps unclear by listing iOS and TV, when it should say iOS and tvOS - which means via iPad, iPhone or Apple TV 4 or 4K.

To clarify, the available list is Mac, PC or Laptop via main browsers, Apple TV 4 or above, Telstra TV, Chromecast 3 or above (lower Chromecast are capped at 720p, AirPlay from iOS devices to an Apple TV, or android players like nVidea Shield.

I believe an Android TV app can be side loaded to Sony TVs or other Android boxes, but I’m not proficient in that area

Thank you, yes was certainly confused by the jargon. I thought it meant it had a dedicated TV app (like Foxtel does with Foxtel Play).

Anyway, I can play around with other ideas in the meantime, as surely they’d be currently developing an app for the TV itself.

Appreciate your help, thanks gents.

Foxtel routinely evaluates our channel line up to ensure our programming best reflects our customers viewing preferences. As such, we’ve made the decision to prioritise the sport codes that Australia loves most, which is why we’ve focused our line up on a host of great sport including the NRL, AFL, A-League, Cricket, F1, Rugby World Cup and more.

Unfortunately, our new direction for sports means we’ll be saying farewell to the EPL club channels and dedicated EPL programming on Fox Sports from
May 28
so we can redirect resources to the sports Australia feel closest to.

Worth posting here that Lebbo73 got an email from Foxtel claiming that LFCTV, ChelseaTV and MUTV will be gone on the 28th because Foxtel are concentrating on making their sports package better.

Only way they could improve is sell subs to Optus Sports through Foxtel satellite. Whether that ever happens, who knows...

Worth posting here that Lebbo73 got an email from Foxtel claiming that LFCTV, ChelseaTV and MUTV will be gone on the 28th because Foxtel are concentrating on making their sports package better.
That sucks. I watch LFCTV very regularly as the content is really good. Looks like i'll have to renegotiate my Foxtel package. Wish me good luck with that.
Going to have to spend $90 odd per year to subscribe to LFCTV directly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not for me, I only pay $39 a month fpr basic + sports + hd. Kayo is $35/month.

What lol, I get Kayo for $25 a month which lets me stream simultaneously on 2 screens, in HD. You're getting ripped off.

Yes I too finally ditched Foxtel last month. In hindsight I don’t know why I waited so long. Very little value for what I was paying.

Kayo is damn good value at just $25 a month. Hoping they launch their smart tv app soon (their website says this year) but plenty of alternative ways to watch in the meantime.

Really considering getting the $25 package with Kayo. I'd prefer to watch it with a remote in similar style to Foxtel or Fetch mini.

So using a Laptop or iPad I'd rather not do, I'm guessing Kayo on AppleTV would be the way to go. Apparently using TelstraTV doesn't go above 720p?

The Champions League final is exclusive to Optus Sport so for the 1st time in goodness knows how long the biggest game in club football won't be on free to air here.

Really considering getting the $25 package with Kayo. I'd prefer to watch it with a remote in similar style to Foxtel or Fetch mini.

So using a Laptop or iPad I'd rather not do, I'm guessing Kayo on AppleTV would be the way to go. Apparently using TelstraTV doesn't go above 720p?

Yep. AppleTV works pretty well. I prefer watching the magazine shows on my laptop though, easier to fastforward through ads.

Do you need AppleTV or Kayo, or it's fine on a Smart TV?

Only has an ap on AppleTV I think, maybe Smart TV now too, not too sure. Worse comes to worst you could HDMI your laptop or use Chromecast or whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back