Competitions 2019 Fantasy Footy questions thread

Hey Port fans, congrats on flogging us a month ago.

Here to ask about Broadbent’s job security.

Cheers for any responses and good luck against the Hawks.

Quoting myself but ...

If everyone is fit, he doesn't make the best 22. Hartlett's continuing struggles with injury gives him a chance to be thereabouts.

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Quoting myself but ...

I think your good at providing feedback for all fantasy football coaches.

Port have been great this year in providing options for everyone, there is an energy in your side that makes Port players appealing.

I'll bear in mind your opinions as Joel Garner is starting to show a bit, still like Matty Broadbent for his experience as a player too.

Thanks for your help and good luck in Tassie and China.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think your good at providing feedback for all fantasy football coaches.

Port have been great this year in providing options for everyone, there is an energy in your side that makes Port players appealing.

I'll bear in mind your opinions as Joel Garner is starting to show a bit, still like Matty Broadbent for his experience as a player too.

Thanks for your help and good luck in Tassie and China.
I am more positive about Broadbent than some. He has shown the needed maturity & experience down back that we lacked, and each time he plays, he improves. I dont see him losing his spot if he keeps that trajectory & remains uninjured.

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am more positive about Broadbent than some. He has shown the needed maturity & experience down back that we lacked, and each time he plays, he improves. I dont see him losing his spot if he keeps that trajectory & remains uninjured.

Thanks for that. So many changes to sides this round and Matty Broadbent I like as a player, he's experienced and has come back this
year for 2 games so I think he's a safer option than a rookie.
So Matty comes into my side; thanks.

Willem Drew is an emergency - will he have to wait a while for another senior recall?

Robbie Gray and Tom Jonas back are big ins.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for that. So many changes to sides this round and Matty Broadbent I like as a player, he's experienced and has come back this
year for 2 games so I think he's a safer option than a rookie.
So Matty comes into my side; thanks.

Willem Drew is an emergency - will he have to wait a while for another senior recall?

Robbie Gray and Tom Jonas back are big ins.
Drew came in with a bang, but seemed to tire, and taper off somewhat. Still great potential though. My guess is yes, he wont be back too soon. Might need to scale back a pace, and find some form in the SANFL. Any recall opportunity will see him competing with the likes of Trengove (who is smashing it in the Maggies) for selection. Hopefully his taste of senior footy sees him work his proverbial off to get back playing at the top level.

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Drew came in with a bang, but seemed to tire, and taper off somewhat. Still great potential though. My guess is yes, he wont be back too soon. Might need to scale back a pace, and find some form in the SANFL. Any recall opportunity will see him competing with the likes of Trengove (who is smashing it in the Maggies) for selection. Hopefully his taste of senior footy sees him work his proverbial off to get back playing at the top level.

Thanks so much, I appreciate your insight.

What’s the go with Rocky & China? He’s flying over that much I’ve gathered, but is he a certainty to play?

He sat out most of the second half against Hawthorn with ice on the hammy. Scans subsequently showed no issue. Ken said he'll fly to China and they'll test him out at training. I expect that if he gets through training fine, he plays.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I want to bring a RUCK/FWD into my FWD line to cover my rucks for the rest of the season.

It was gonna be Lobb but now he's injured I'm looking at either Lycett at $410k or Westhoff at $362k

Thoughts on which one will be my best bet from here? Thanks in advance
50:50 IMO

Currently Lycett is probably more consistent, but his numbers are affected by Ryder attending a lot of hit-outs. When Dixon returns, Westhof's numbers should improve .. as the cheaper option, he might be the better of the two.

Dont know if that helps or confuses!

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team

Currently Lycett is probably more consistent, but his numbers are affected by Ryder attending a lot of hit-outs. When Dixon returns, Westhof's numbers should improve .. as the cheaper option, he might be the better of the two.

Cheers, Dixon just a week or two off now?

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team

I ended up going with Westhoff. Always good to have an ex-Centrals player in my team :thumbsu:

GroggSquad

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys,

What are Joel Garner’s chances of holding a spot in the side? I'm looking for a rookie defender that ideally would provide reliable cover for the rest of the year.

Cheers

Hey guys,

What are Joel Garner’s chances of holding a spot in the side? I'm looking for a rookie defender that ideally would provide reliable cover for the rest of the year.

Cheers

Reasonable. Handy player is young Joel. Hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

The risk you might face is that we come up against a taller side and decide to bring in a KPD in place of a small, in which case Joel would probably be the one to drop out, but at this stage of the year none of the rookies have impeccable job security and Joel is as much a chance of staying in the side long term as any other rookie.

GroggSquad

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Reasonable. Handy player is young Joel. Hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

The risk you might face is that we come up against a taller side and decide to bring in a KPD in place of a small, in which case Joel would probably be the one to drop out, but at this stage of the year none of the rookies have impeccable job security and Joel is as much a chance of staying in the side long term as any other rookie.

Thank you for the response, yeah I think I might take a punt on him - not many other options with great job security like you suggest.

Back